What's your oldest guitar amp?

This guy... a Sunn Enforcer. They were made between 1980 to 1985, 1st gen didnt have the vents on the front so its 82 to 85

1711510264694.png

I have an early 70's Fender Vibro Champ that might also be the oldest I've owned. I'd have to go look up dates for certain to see whether any of my Marshalls I used to own were earlier or later - close regardless.

My most played "early" amp was my '79 Marshall 2203, which was my main amp for over a decade.....but it wasn't all that old at the time, lol.

Right now my oldest is a mint Peavey Triumph 60 1x12 combo. (Open back) I think it's an '87. Don't laugh, mine screams!

Oldest I've had is a Traynor YGM-3 1x12 combo. (Closed back) Those were made from '69 to '79. That was one sweet sounding amp.

1987 Mesa Mark III Red Sripe. Never going anywhere. It pretty much kills most of my amps.

Oldest I’ve owned though was a ‘79 JMP 100w and it was a total dud. Guy I sold it to complained a week later he took it to a tech and it needed a lot of work. SOLD AS IS bro. You got to test and play before you bought. I will never buy another pre 80’s amp again unless it’s serviced. They command too much money as it is to have to fork out more money to get up to snuff.

A Vox AC30 TB from 65 or 66. Hard to date those old Vox amps.
I got it covered in an layer of dust and mold and there was this rotten smell comming from it. Took me two days to brush it clean. Needed some service like new tubes and caps but now it`s working beautifully. It was still stinking when it heated up, but slowely it is getting better.

Back