Where the VHT (Fryette) love?

Jdub

Not to sound like an ad but i just want to pay respects to what I think is among of our best innovators of amp technology. I Hope Stevie gets the respect he deserves. He has made some amazing products. I just got the new Power Station 2 and it is a game changer for me. He was always a great innovator and the PS2 is a homerun in my book.. I suppose that is what triggered this thread.

FOR ALL yOU GUYS THAT DID THE BREWTALZ the Ultra lead and CL/CLX amps should be on your radar.

Great hard rock and more Vintage flavors are in the ST series and they are cheap used.

That was boutique amp that started me down the rabbit hole. I had a triaxis 290 rig and my buddy turned me on to a VHT. I showed up at band practice and the other guitarist also had a Triaxis 290 rig. We were playing a mix of guitar rock and classic metal covers. Pretty heavy vibe. The VHT buried the Triaxis. No matter how loud he turned , the VHT was cutting through and the mesa went bye bye. Even the drummer commented..(actually especially the drummer commented)

I just haven't seen much of love and think his amps and innovative products deserve a huge nod of respect.

I'm a huge fan of the VHT/Fryette cabs. My VHT 412 is my go-to cab. I love it like a fat kid loves cake.

Love mine and wish I had my Sig X back. When you think about it....I have never seen a VHT getting modified???

I've had a VHT 50CL w/EQ + Reverb and a FB 4x12's with P50E's since 2004 and I still have both and no plans to get rid of it...killer amp so I love VHT ;)

group2.JPG

I loved my Pitbull Classic 100 watt head, but after a few years I found it too dry for lack of a better word, so I sold it. But it was a VERY well built machine. I've played a ton of ULs too, and all but one were awesome for thrash metal. The lone sick one was probably some kind of fault in the amp, and I doubt it had anything to do with Fryette, it was used so who knows where it had been.

The Delierance D120 is one of the best amps I've ever played. I just use an older Marshall, kinda for nostalgic reasons, I guess. Otherwise I'd pic a D120 over the other stuff I've played. D120 did everything well, it just can only do one thing at a time, but I'm use to that and it doesn't bother me.

cardinal":13kh4076 said:
The Delierance D120 is one of the best amps I've ever played. I just use an older Marshall, kinda for nostalgic reasons, I guess. Otherwise I'd pic a D120 over the other stuff I've played. D120 did everything well, it just can only do one thing at a time, but I'm use to that and it doesn't bother me.
This! :rock: The only reason I sold my last one was to get some cash built up for a Wizard. Honestly, bang for your buck it's the best most organic sounding amp for under 1K used. Easily.

Shawn Lutz":1uy5go0t said:
I've had a VHT 50CL w/EQ + Reverb and a FB 4x12's with P50E's since 2004 and I still have both and no plans to get rid of it...killer amp so I love VHT ;)

group2.JPG

Nice man. Maybe a good part of the reason you have so much killer stuff still. Not too much time and money spent flipping and chasing and chasing. Just buy what you like and keep it eh? I wish I did that back then. I am working on it man!

I have a 50cl, the only thing I would trade it for would be another VHT. As much as their Kickstarter and customer service has turned me off of doing business with them, I can't deny the fact that I love that tone haha. I kind of want another one honestly, but I'm worried whatever I got would be too similar to the 50cl.

THe problem with Fryette is they seem to have fallen off into the back ground. While the UL is an awesome amp, it's popularity and used value has dropped off. With that, I love my UL/Fatbottom.

The name change couldn't have helped. It was confusing to folks not obsessed with gear.

Also a bit strange that one of their most beloved products (2100 power amp), they don't make.

And they just never had the good fortune of placing their amps in real high profile hands, it seems.

Love my d60 with loop mod... smile every time i power on and punch a chord. Great amps....organic, dynamic with that vht whooomp and jangle i dig:)

There is lots of Fryette users around. Fryette is the only highgain amps I use much.

Fortin modified a few Deliverance. Other than that the only modifications I have heard of were done by Fryette.

They still make the 2100....you need to ask as they are not in production. But if you want one they will build you one.

The name change to Fryette was Jan 1, 2009..... It was a long time ago.

I will always have a VHT in my collection, i just love my UL and the Sig X i had. I would love to try a Deliverance at some point.

Unearth used the Deliverance amps on their album III In the eyes of fire and i just love the tones on it, so crisp and tight. When you listen to the album, you hear the VHT snarl.

Chris

Fryettes are seriously underrated, along with Rivera.

I'm a big fan of Fryette amps, especially the pitbull ultra lead.
Love Helmets sound they get from those Fryette rigs.

7 Stringer":c699lwqg said:
I will always have a VHT in my collection, i just love my UL and the Sig X i had. I would love to try a Deliverance at some point.

Unearth used the Deliverance amps on their album III In the eyes of fire and i just love the tones on it, so crisp and tight. When you listen to the album, you hear the VHT snarl.

Chris

Sounded good too although I think the old guitar tone cuts better. I think they used a Framus Cobra back for the Oncoming Storm? Not sure.

Black Hearts Now Reign is still one of the best metalcore songs ever recorded imo.

I have never played a Deliverance but used to have a 100CL and a first run UL. VHT/Fryette makes some killer killer amps.

I would like another 100CL at some point when I am able to afford two or three amps.

Wish I could share in the love. I've always wanted to try an Ultralead, but I've never been able to find one in person.

maddnotez":1wusqg1e said:
7 Stringer":1wusqg1e said:

Chris

Sounded good too although I think the old guitar tone cuts better. I think they used a Framus Cobra back for the Oncoming Storm? Not sure.

Black Hearts Now Reign is still one of the best metalcore songs ever recorded imo.

I have never played a Deliverance but used to have a 100CL and a first run UL. VHT/Fryette makes some killer killer amps.

I would like another 100CL at some point when I am able to afford two or three amps.

Lol, Black hearts was and still is one of my faves also, especially at the break down, gawd damn, heavy tones.

I also love the tones on the oncoming storm album, Framus Cobra it was. The reason why i bought mine back then. From Derek B.

I had a UL and sold it. At the time I found it a bit dry and grainy sounding but I didn't hate it by any means. I wouldn't mind having another one or a CLX.

Back