who has a tech that they will send their guitar to, to make it awesome?

squealie

I can maintain my guitars. I can do setups and pickup swaps and neck adjustments.

I have 4 Charvels that I feel can be super great if a MASTER tweaked them.

Who knows somebody?

Brent Gutierrez is a God. But most of the time God is just too busy fixing other people's problems.
I actually have one of his guitars that's long overdue for a setup.

Unfortunately, even if I could get ahold of him to do it, I'm afraid to ship it across country and back.

I have a local guy who does fantastic work, but that one came perfect when I bought it new from him, and nothing needed be touched for quite a few years.

I take my guitars to Jerry Bizon of Luxxtone. But he is very busy. I have make an appointment well in advance. His work is phenomenal! I'm convinced he has a leprechaun working in secret at his shop....lol...
It's worth the wait for me...
He has incredible integrity too. I once took my Suhr Modern that developed a bad buzz. Turns out it was only a bad string. He told me the work by Suhr is top notch and there was nothing needed but to change the one string. He didn't charge me...

Last edited:
Maybe try getting one Plek’d ?
Sweetwater has a Plek machine and can do it. I have a late 89’s Yngwie Strat at Righteous Guitars right now being plek’d.

Maybe try getting one Plek’d ?
Sweetwater has a Plek machine and can do it. I have a late 89’s Yngwie Strat at Righteous Guitars right now being plek’d.
I’d love to hear how this turns out for you at Righteous. I have a couple guitars that I have been thinking about taking there. One needs a refret and another is a set neck that has developed a bit of fretboard ramping over the body that I hope a plek can figure out how to deal with.

Man, I would kill for a killer setup guy locally. I end up doing setups for everyone locally, and I'm passable, but I'm not a miracle worker.

Back