Who the hell is Grace Bowels...or Bowers???

The guitar market is oversaturated and there is not enough demand to satisfy a market in decline. So, it appears companies are casting as wide a net as possible in the name of sales, endorsing anyone with a 5+ digit subscriber count.

It no longer matters how well versed you are, only your influence; i.e. follower count and views/exposure potential. That’s the cold hard truth.

If Mr. Beast wanted to learn guitar, he’d have every single guitar manufacturer clamoring to make him a signature model.

Didn't Fender give Taylor Swift a Johnny Marr Jag?

Fender Johnny Marr American Jaguar - Olympic White with ...

Maybe Gibson should start an Only Fans, the Gibson Girls. :D

Vintage Guitars

I didn’t even know of her until the recent Rig Rundown popped up, there’s definitely a feel of fabrication going on as she’s not a YouTuber and there’s not a whole lot of content out there with her in it. Seems she just popped up 3 years ago and started working her way into the Nashville scene.

Music business has always been more about who you know than anything.

All that said, I can’t see in any way how it’s dumb of Gibson to jump on an up and coming guitarist, put their guitars in her hands and see how it shakes out in the future. They already know they can sell guitars to dudes in the 45+ crowd, they got their business decades ago. If this girl ends up making waves then they’ve got themselves a whole new generation of players interested in Gibson guitars.

And for fuck’s sake, for all the fucking bitching about the younger generation being into downtuned guitars and modelers, people still bitch when it’s a kid playing classic rock with “real guitars into real amps”. Just shut the fuck up already and fucking make your own goddamn music if everything else pisses you off.

I didn’t even know of her until the recent Rig Rundown popped up, there’s definitely a feel of fabrication going on as she’s not a YouTuber and there’s not a whole lot of content out there with her in it. Seems she just popped up 3 years ago and started working her way into the Nashville scene.

All that said, I can’t see in any way how it’s dumb of Gibson to jump on an up and coming guitarist, put their guitars in her hands and see how it shakes out in the future. They already know they can sell guitars to dudes in the 45+ crowd, they got their business decades ago. If this girl ends up making waves then they’ve got themselves a whole new generation of players interested in Gibson guitars.

And for fuck’s sake, for all the fucking bitching about the younger generation being into downtuned guitars and modelers, people still bitch when it’s a kid playing classic rock with “real guitars into real amps”. Just shut the fuck up already and fucking make your own goddamn music if everything else pisses you off.

Hit the nail on the head. It’s just like any endorsement - it’s about brand exposure and appealing to a particular target market (in this case younger players). Nothing more, nothing less.

Saw the Rig Rundown and she came across well. I know nothing else about her, but I’d say good luck to her. If she helps get a younger generation into guitar music, that’s all to the good. And if Cesar wanted to lend me his ‘59 I wouldn’t say no. My stereotypical drop D riffing is what that guitar was made for….

Amen…I think she’s pretty good at her age. Not amazing but pretty good. I’d never heard of her before this thread and below is the the first thing I found and it doesn’t suck. Considering how loosy goosy Page could be live and he’s considered a Guitar God, I just see in that Unskinny Bop video her having fun with it. I thought guitar was meant to be fun too? If anything she seems exactly who Gibson wants to be seen playing their guitars. My old ass got locked in 30 years ago.

yep, I always had managers, clubs, band mates and studio owners wanting to give me free vintage gear when I was a poor young musician too. didn't you?

/S
She's definitely got something going on that I never had... People who know and meet her seem to love her.

Reactions: rsm
She's definitely got something going on that I never had... People who know and meet her seem to love her.
clearly; my prior comment was meant to be sarcastic with a hint of envy,...

...and I suspect if my playing was extraordinary in some way when I was a young poor musician, I would have likely seen some interest from those in the music biz, and maybe some gear gifts along the way too.

clearly; my prior comment was meant to be sarcastic with a hint of envy,...

...and I suspect if my playing was extraordinary in some way when I was a young poor musician, I would have likely seen some interest from those in the music biz, and maybe some gear gifts along the way too.
I figured.. as mine before was a little as well :cool:

I've been hearing about her for a while now but never really checked her playing out much until this thread really but Marty's Music has been interviewing her recently so this thread came at the perfect time.

Actually she seems like she's really good to me.. especially for 17... some are calling her a legend on their YT thumbnails

Reactions: rsm
The online fanboying can get a bit much, which can create a knee jerk reaction of fuck this and the horse she rode in on. Which isn’t her fault. I found a vid of her playing a Strat live, doing a SRV thing and people in the comments were embarrassing themselves talking about crying and shit. It wasn’t even that great and I tuned out after a few minutes because she really wasn’t putting it together in a way that was keeping my interest. But people online, falling over themselves, with praise for mediocrity isn’t new. Not a slight against her. She definitely has a bright future as her playing gets more accomplished.

edit...Ive seen a few more of her vids now, where she definitely plays great. Really nice tone on her bends and good vibrato and she's got some quickness when she wants it. Plus she's out there gigging and laying it down.

Last edited:

morgan freeman hes right you know moving text.gif

Why does she have a “Rig Rundown” when she has no material or albums? I watched a video where she said she was “given” a 1961 SG at age 12 or something…She’s “earned” literally nothing. Her playing is average but there’s a million children in China her age that would absolutely smoke her, so what am I supposed to gather from the Gibson endorsement?

Sounds like she worked to get this 61' Gibson

First of all 🤢🤢🤢that story proves my point

Second of all 🤮🤮🤮 Netflix or Hulu just did an entire miniseries on what a disgusting company “Brandy Melville” is and their impact on “fast fashion” and society, so now I’m just doubly grossed out by this whole mess.

Back