Who's using what Voodoo stuff...

Qweklain

Vivian is using a custom 2-channel preamp. They are modelled somewhat after their V-Series and Witchdoctor series, but I think they are also somewhat customizable. They are currently custom order only, but at some point will be a regular product. Voodoo will also have a power amp as well, not sure if there are any out there right now though.

P.S. - What is that car in your sig? It looks like an older Ferrari with a wide body kit.

Regarding Voodoo Amps gear; A V-Plex50-MV was used on the recent record and Vivian also had a custom 2-channel VC-2 preamp as well as Modified JMP-1 preamps. Live - Vivian has a total of seven (7) Voodoo Modified JMP-1 preamps, 2 per rack (they have an A, B & C rigs, all with identical gear) and the 7th preamp is for sessions/recording. The VC-2 premap is a Custom built 2-channel all tube preamp that was built specifically for Vivian.

VC-2 Preamp - The clean channel is essentially a true black face Fender Twin and the gain channel is a V-Rock. Each channel has Gain controls, Master Volume, Bass, Mids, Treble, Cream & Global controls. There is also an over all System Master Volume and both channels run completely discrete from one another (IE: the channels do not share circuitry or tube stages). The preamp is 100% hand-wired.

On a personal note; Both Vivian and Phil are tremendous players, exceptionally nice guys and very knowledgable on gear. It has been our pleasure to work with them as well as with their guitar techs.

Have a great day;
Trace

P.S. - What is that car in your sig? It looks like an older Ferrari with a wide body kit.
The car is a De Tomasa Pantera, and is far too cool to be defaced by the likes of Andy Warhol.

BTW, I caught Def Lepard and Journey in Va Beach a while back, and I remember my brother askng me if I could see what Vivian and Phil were playing through. I told him it looked like Marshalls...at least from where we were. He said, really, I wonder if they're custom or modded or something, cause they sound awesome? We both agreed that Vivian's tone sounded better; it was thicker and meatier, but he was playing through a L.P. Custom as opposed to Phil's guitar...which looked to be a Jackson with a recessed floyd. I'm sure that might have had something to do with his thinner sound. I tell you, Vivian's tone that night was just fuckin unreal.

So what is that that Mike Kerr is banging on?

Mike Kerr is using the following;
V-Plex 50 Master Volume
Deluxe HG-Jose Modified JCM800 2203
Voodoo 4x12 Stereo Cabinet with Celestion G12T75's & Vintage 30's in X-Pattern
Voodoo 1x12 Combo Cabinet

Have a great Friday afternoon and an even better weekend! :)
Trace

Back