Why isn't Splawn more popular?

I love my SuperSport. I've got old Mullards and RFT's in the preamp and JJ EL34-II's in the power section and it puts a smile on my face every time I turn it on. Couldn't ask for a better EL-34 "Marshall" type amp for what I do.
Now If I still had my old Mesa Mark IV "B" I'd be one really happy camper with those 2. :)

I just got my first Splawn Pro Stock week ago and that amp rips…Gives me that killer modded Marshall tone…If I add a boost it really gets heavy sounding…

Attachments

• IMG_0849.jpeg
    IMG_0849.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 51
[
I just got my first Splawn Pro Stock week ago and that amp rips…Gives me that killer modded Marshall tone…If I add a boost it really gets heavy sounding…
Your amp has the same aesthetic as mine used to have. I have a 2008 Quick Rod.

Welcome to Rig-Talk and welcome to our little corner of the internet :D

:cheers:

Last edited:
I got my old Quick Rod back, was coming back at a price I would be foolish to pass on. It sounds awesome haha

They seem yu be popular on RT
Man, I tried to sell a nitro here not too long ago for what I thought was a decent price but didn't get any takers on it. It originally came in a red tolex head shell, and I didn't like the color so I had retrofitted it to a Bogner head shell a while back. When it didn't sell, I decided to throw it back into the bogner head shell that I had and just keep it.

IMG_20230427_093458285.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I tried to sell a nitro here not too long ago for what I thought was a decent price but didn't get any takers on it. It originally came in a red tolex head shell, and I didn't like the color so I had retrofitted it to a Bogner head shell a while back. When it didn't sell, I decided to throw it back into the bogner head shell that I had and just keep it.

View attachment 198175
I meant I see so many people do have them . But ya selling is so hard right now for the price you want. The next year will be that way. It sucks

People in Boston seem to know the brand exists but not much else. I've had guitarists at several gigs approach me during breaks and
compliment me on my sound/rig but also ask plenty of questions, most had never seen/heard one in person.

I meant I see so many people do have them . But ya selling is so hard right now for the price you want. The next year will be that way. It sucks
I in contrary pray for prices to come back to sane. I wish to buy a 2c+ someday. But I am biased, you see lol

I’m
Probably stupid question....rag on me I probably deserve it ;)

The clips I've heard sound as good to my ears as anything I have.

I'll be passing thru Atlanta next week, and planning to stop at Atlanta Discount Music to give one a try
Probably stupid question....rag on me I probably deserve it ;)

The clips I've heard sound as good to my ears as anything I have.

I'll be passing thru Atlanta next week, and planning to stop at Atlanta Discount Music to give one a try.
Tbh, I have no idea why. Splawn is the amp marshall should have been. One day, splawn will catapult in value. Not yet but in time. I have a 2010 QR with KT88 and it has beat every Marshall I have come by. Been asked to sell it many times. No way

Back