Wizard MC tube question.

parntz145

Hey,
I really dont feel like opening up my MC with these friggin wierdo screws on the back of it. I was just wondering what type or pre amp tubes the 2010 MC are coming stock with?

Thanks guys.

parntz145":tuo888kx said:
Hey,
I really dont feel like opening up my MC with these friggin wierdo screws on the back of it. I was just wondering what type or pre amp tubes the 2010 MC are coming stock with?

Thanks guys.

JJ's in mine. Might as well go to Home Depot and get you one of those weirdo thing's. One of the Eh' guys said it was called a Roberts head? I had one of the Black & Decker Kits with about 6000 pieces of gear in it and found one that fit. While at HD, get you some big phillips head wood screws to replace them with.

Steve

I used a flat bladed screwdriver that fit tightly across and took my time.. Because the rear panel is a pretty snug fit it's now held on by 4 pieces of heavy duty velcro.. Works a treat!!!

I have to just take the back pannel off. I think I have the correct screw head for it. I have been told there are JJ and also Chinese 9th gen in these. I dont know whats in mine I guess I have to just check.

I got two Wizard Mc heads here and spent the afternoon messing around with them and had both of them out on the tailgate of my new chevy truck.
HE HE I got a bed liner and a towel. I had chinese 9th gens in the 1st wizard and JJ pres in the other. I took pics of my two heads both together and apart.
Everything from the trannies with the labels to the tape with my Name on one of the heads where Rik built the amp and tagged it for me... EERRR, :confused: or my money. :LOL: :LOL:

Hollywood":3qi4wcl1 said:
I got two Wizard Mc heads here and spent the afternoon messing around with them and had both of them out on the tailgate of my new chevy truck.
HE HE I got a bed liner and a towel. I had chinese 9th gens in the 1st wizard and JJ pres in the other. I took pics of my two heads both together and apart.
Everything from the trannies with the labels to the tape with my Name on one of the heads where Rik built the amp and tagged it for me... EERRR, :confused: or my money. :LOL: :LOL:

What did you do...take them for a ride around the block :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ?

My Wizard is back at the Warehouse in NY.

Steve

Yeah I heard your amp got homesick.
But Rik will give it the therapy it needs to come back to you all better.
I just figured it was such a nice day today I could have some fun with the Wizards and do it standing up in a decent breeze. :rock:

parntz145":260sksi2 said:
Hey,

Thanks guys.

Power = JJ EL34L

Pre = Chinese 9th

I can't tell any difference in the 8's and 9's.

The best favor to do for yourself is pay up and buy re-labeled tubes from someone you know that are truly checking and matching the preamp tubes. Ruby AC5 Select and AC7 HG and HG+ are great. Penta also puts them to the test and verifies the match. I have always bought matched and balanced triode tubes for PI. Usually this is an EH12ax7 or a JJ.

Steve

Back