Wizard Rock Standard

sswanson

I'm starting to like this thing. At first I didn't care for it but once I figured out how to dial it in it's actually a really cool amp. The secret is in the output/volume knobs, they don't work quite the same way as my Metal or Modern Classics so they need to be set up a little different. It has more gain than I expected too. It can get fairly aggressive when boosted.

These don't seem to have the greatest reputation but the price was right and I'm a sucker for Wizard amps so I couldn't resist, I'm glad I picked it up now since I don't have another amp like it (32-Watt/EL84 powered). Sounds killer at super low volumes too.

sswanson":1kslvb6c said:

I'm starting to like this thing. At first I didn't care for it but once I figured out how to dial it in it's actually a really cool amp. The secret is in the output/volume knobs, they don't work quite the same way as my Metal or Modern Classics so they need to be set up a little different. It has more gain than I expected too. It can get fairly aggressive when boosted.

These don't seem to have the greatest reputation but the price was right and I'm a sucker for Wizard amps so I couldn't resist, I'm glad I picked it up now since I don't have another amp like it (32-Watt/EL84 powered). Sounds killer at super low volumes too.
wow, it looks nice. Congrats, :rock: Did you decided to keep the MC?

rocker":7tzxa4ud said:

I ended up selling the Modern Classic. But I still have the Metal, and thats not going anywhere. :rock:

Thanks for posting that clip by the way, I had no idea it even existed!

sswanson":217ptxmr said:
rocker":217ptxmr said:

I ended up selling the Modern Classic. But I still have the Metal, and thats not going anywhere. :rock:

Thanks for posting that clip by the way, I had no idea it even existed!
Yeah the Metal is a killer amp, can't wait for the new Metal.

Back