Wolf Van Halen - Behind the Music

i dont understand the fascination with him, to me he's just a disappointment :dunno: dudes talented for sure and has the name that can make a difference, you'd figure he should be the one to have something rocking with an old style recording that maybe could give rock the kick in the ass it needs, but instead we get FooV2.

It is always tough to follow a famous Father or relative in any business let alone show business. Look at Bronny James. I give him credit for doing what he is doing even though the music doesn't interest me much. But he (like all new or younger rock bands) come from a different place. He was probably not influenced by Cream and Clapton etc like his Dad - so why would his music sound similar? In interviews he seems like a good guy and reasonable. I do think it was a misstep to have him replace Michael Anthony but that was EVH's decision etc. Honestly I just ignore him mostly because we are not going to see the second coming of EVH here. To each their own.

Speaking as a working stiff about to retire my wife and I just try to get thru each work week best we can.
Just bought a new car as a guy ran a red light and killed the car i had. Luckily i survived. We have another car too but weren't planning for another car payment.
I dont even have the time to play guitar anymore even tho i have the best gear ive ever had. I really needed this gear 40 years ago.
I do play i bit but "being in a band" thing is not relevant as most bands want to play the hours & days i have to work.
Im sure WG will do fine as long as he doesnt get jacked up on Heroin or something else.
Seems the whole VH family & music industry was turned upside down by Ed in one way or another.

i dont understand the fascination with him, to me he's just a disappointment :dunno: dudes talented for sure and has the name that can make a difference, you'd figure he should be the one to have something rocking with an old style recording that maybe could give rock the kick in the ass it needs, but instead we get FooV2.

Technically, his albums ARE old style recordings because they aren’t just copy and paste/grid everything/autotune it/brickwalled. I don’t see anything disappointing about a dude writing/performing/recording ALL that music by himself, I don’t know of a single other musician doing the same thing at the level he’s doing at, there’s a million dudes like me doing it in bedrooms but I’m unaware of anyone else getting airplay and gigging that’s doing it.

If he had no abilities or mediocre ones, I could see some griping around the guy, but the dude’s an above average player on every instrument he plays. And while some of the stuff might sound like Foo Fighters or Alter Bridge, there’s layering and parts in the songs that are more complex than shit you’d hear on any of their albums.

If ya just listen to the shit they’ve put on the radio like “Distance” or that “End Of The World” and take it at face value, yeah, pretty vanilla stuff, but if you actually dig into the albums there’s some great shit on there, worthy of the attention.

He seems pumped up with SSRI's.
Well his Dad had all kinds of health / addition problems. It can be challanging to manage a chemical imbalance but possible.
Ed blamed his tongue cancer on "metal picks" but still chose a steady diet of tobacco even after having body parts removed.
I hope Wolf flourishes with his music in an industry thats constantly on the move.

Well his Dad had all kinds of health / addition problems. It can be challanging to manage a chemical imbalance but possible.
Ed blamed his tongue cancer on "metal picks" but still chose a steady diet of tobacco even after having body parts removed.
I hope Wolf flourishes with his music in an industry thats constantly on the move.
I hope he does well too but there is no such thing as having a chemical imbalance until they give you drugs.

I hope he does well too but there is no such thing as having a chemical imbalance until they give you drugs.
So if you had your bloodwork done and your Doctor told you your Liver enzymes were all screwed up an "imbalance" b/c your body makes too much of one chemeical but not enough of another unless you take a medicine.
And could lead to serious medical problems or death w/o the medicine your reasoning is you wouldn't take the medicine b/c your body is suppose to make it on its own ?

Last edited:
So if you had your bloodwork done and your Doctor told you your Liver enzymes were all screwed up an "imbalance b/c your body makes too much of one chemeical but not enough of another unless you take a medicine.
And could lead to serious mecal problems or death w/o the medicine your reasoning is you wouldn't take the medicine b/c your body is suppose to make it on its own ?
I was referring to what some people refer to as a chemical imbalance in the brain. There is no such thing. Your brain is not your bodies filter from toxins. Such as poor diet or use of needles or unprotected sex.

Just saw it last night and it was a good watch. The poor kid will never see the end of catching flack for being the son of a legend. It's not his fault his dad basically bred him from the very start to become a musician, or his jam buddy as Val put it. He loves music and he's got the balls to say fuck you to everyone and go out there and do his own thing. I'm not a fan of his song writing but he can fucking play exceptionally well on many instruments. He's like the ultimate studio session musician. I hope he continues to evolve and thrive. I'm certainly rooting for him. As an EVH fan, how could you not pay a little respect for your guitar hero's offspring who is trying to do his own thing? Doesn't mean you have to like his music.

I was referring to what some people refer to as a chemical imbalance in the brain. There is no such thing. Your brain is not your bodies filter from toxins. Such as poor diet or use of needles or unprotected sex.

You’re aware of things like dopamine and serotonin, yeah?

What do you think those are?

Who the fuck said the brain is a toxin filter? :LOL: Though they should absolutely make that a thing to prevent brain rot.

You’re aware of things like dopamine and serotonin, yeah?

What do you think those are?

Who the fuck said the brain is a toxin filter? :LOL: Though they should absolutely make that a thing to prevent brain rot.
I have a close family member that is a neurosurgeon at the mayo clinic.

We have had multiple conversations about SSRI's. Although he approves of their use in some applications, I can assure you that there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance of your brain. Everyone gets sad and happy and angry at times.

You can justify using drugs that affect your brain but don't be an idiot.

I have a close family member that is a neurosurgeon at the mayo clinic.

We have had multiple conversations about SSRI's. Although he approves of their use in some applications, I can assure you that there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance of your brain. Everyone gets sad and happy and angry at times.

You can justify using drugs that affect your brain but don't be an idiot.

How can I assume you understand what your (trust me, bro) family member is saying if you can’t even respond to what I asked you?

What are dopamine and serotonin?

They’re not SSRI’s, that’s for sure.

How can I assume you understand what your (trust me, bro) family member is saying if you can’t even respond to what I asked you?

What are dopamine and serotonin?

They’re not SSRI’s, that’s for sure.
You sir have 2 choices, you can either look into what I am saying, you know, educate yourself.

Or 2, just be some online blowhard idiot.

Either way, I hope your piece of shit Jeep loses a wheel and you crash into the Gulf Of Mexico.

Sigmond Freud Father of "modern Psychiatry" was addicted to shooting up Cocaine w/a needle and thought it was a miracle cure go figure.
There may be no blood test for mental illness but there are millions of trained Professionals that can tell you if you are a Psycho / Sociopath or other things. And we function better as a society because of that fact.
And believe me there are also millions of folks living normal lives with medication that you really wouldn't want them off their meds.
Nothing wrong with seeking help for anything wether yer the coolest guy on a guitar forum or not ymmv.

7tHITD.gif

Last edited:

Sigmond Freud Father of "modern Psychiatry" was addicted to shooting up Cocaine w/a needle and thought it was a miracle cure go figure.
There may be no blood test for mental illness but there are millions of trained Professionals that can tell you if you are a Psyho / Sociopath or other things. And we function better as a society because of that fact.
And believe me there are also millions of folks living normal lives with medication that you really wouldn't want them off their meds.
Nothing wrong with seeking help for anything wether yer the coolest guy on a guitar forum or not ymmv.

7tHITD.gif

"Trained professionals" that's rich.

You are better off getting your feel good drugs from the guy on the street corner, it's safer.

The truth is when it comes to SSRI's, you are a just a lab rat. They have no idea what extended use is going to do to you.

Its not about feeling "good" its about feeling "normal".
With all due respect with no medical training or background you sound like yer paraniod about folks taking medicine which has nothing to do with them and everything to do with you.
Maybe get out more IDK >

What are the top 10 largest organs in the body?

These organs can be easily seen and are involved in multiple functions. The ten largest organs in the body are – skin, liver, brain, lungs, heart, kidney, spleen, pancreas, thyroid and joints.Oct 16, 2022

Back