WTB: Fortin TS808

Have you tried the TS-9?
I haven't tried the Fortin TS-9. I've tried a regular TS-9 and I have a Kelley modded TS-9. Both at best where meh... Hard to judge by the youtube vids between the Fortin TS-9 and TS808 as they are pushing amps that are already heavily distorted. Just by looks I favor the TS808 and yes I am that vain....

I haven't tried the Fortin TS-9. I've tried a regular TS-9 and I have a Kelley modded TS-9. Both at best where meh... Hard to judge by the youtube vids between the Fortin TS-9 and TS808 as they are pushing amps that are already heavily distorted. Just by looks I favor the TS808 and yes I am that vain....
The Fortin TS-9 is much better than the 808. The 808 has way too much output, it's noisier, and has less definition. Yes, I've had both, and the TS-9 is the better pedal, hands down.

I have 2 of the od808 which is the same circuit as the ts9 in that enclosure. It’s the best boost ever. Hands down. Even more the. The ts808.

The Fortin TS-9 is much better than the 808. The 808 has way too much output, it's noisier, and has less definition. Yes, I've had both, and the TS-9 is the better pedal, hands down.
IME depends on the amp. Through my 1972 Marshall SLP I may agree there, but through my ‘89 SLO, 2 Naylor’s and Recto’s, especially the Badlander I found the 808 version to be in every way superior other than the noise of course

I think with Marshall’s the more aggressive mids of the 808 can maybe cause a weird frequency clash like running v30’s with them, but with most of my other amps it just comes off more aggressive/gritty, punchy and more weight to the notes, which to me comes off as more definition, whereas the notes came off a bit washed out sounding/more airy in the TS9 version. OP I think you may wanna get both if you can and it probably will just come down to which gets along better with your amp

I'm conflicted... Feel free to throw me some bro deals. Might need to try both.
I think so. I think which you prefer will probably just come down to what amp you’re using with it and whether you can tame the extra noise of the 808 with your setup or not. If your amp isn’t overly midrangey or super compressed or gainy, I’m pretty confident you’ll like the 808, but otherwise it’s very tough to say. They’re both great imo for what they do. I prefer the 808, I have 2 lol, but it can overload some amps and not be great

Back