WTF is this new Paypal nonsense??

Did they hold funds?
Sorry I meant that I was selling an amp and dude wanted me to list it on reverb because he wasn't comfortable with sending $1999 friends and family. I told him no and he said he would think it over. A few hours later someone else wanted the amp and had no problem sending money friends and family.

I cancelled PayPal when they started similar shenanigans a few years ago; recently opened a new PayPal account to buy something from overseas.

One of the reasons I don't list gear to sell here anymore; because I don't agree to PayPal's seller requirements; I'll use it as a buyer if have to.

reverb has been working well for me; nearly have everything I wanted to sell, sold there. got reasonable deals selling things at a nearby GC, by the time I consider Reverb fees, shipping and possible damage, etc.

I have way too much gear at my advanced age. And I have avoided online sales because of this. If I can’t sell on RT Classifieds to a known member - or on consignment at my local music store - I’m just keeping it.

this is applicable to new sellers with no track record/dormant accounts ? not for people with a long term history as far as I can see.

Last edited:
F&F will probably be changed or go away at some point I would think.
Plus I’m sure they will make it like Reverb & add sales tax to any transaction.

PayPal has a well documented history. They have no problems discriminating against anyone that doesn’t believe the same things they do. Be warned.
:ROFLMAO:

Cmon man. So, you had to fill out a 'Political and moral' aptitude application? So they could then 'discriminate' against you??

Far fetched doesn't begin to describe this shit. How in the hell did anyone at PayPal 'discover' your views on anything??

I've used PP for years. FF mostly but I've never been asked any question about anything...other than linking a bank account/credit card.
Or is this a new 'conspiracy' we all should know about? Like, PP telepathically knowing what your beliefs are??
:hys:

This is why I just use Craigslist. It's interesting, that last time I listed an item there they wanted $5 for car and motorcycle listings, which means people are now using "motorcycle parts" to list bikes since it's still free. Wonder how much longer until the music instruments section joins them? Then it'll be goodbye to that trash platform which, like ebay, has become more of a pain to make listings "please sign in" blah blah.

I will say if you are making online gear purchases using friends and family, you get what you get when some dirtball decides to rip you off. I can't believe some of the guitar forums even allow it but I guess it's your money to risk getting burned on.
You mean like Marshall Plexi Tubes - all 7 only $1
Fender Twin original tweed tolex - $OBO
Mesa Triple Rectifiers (all 3) - For Sale or Trade
Wizard Transformers (and everything in between) - make offer

:ROFLMAO:

Cmon man. So, you had to fill out a 'Political and moral' aptitude application? So they could then 'discriminate' against you??

Far fetched doesn't begin to describe this shit. How in the hell did anyone at PayPal 'discover' your views on anything??

I've used PP for years. FF mostly but I've never been asked any question about anything...other than linking a bank account/credit card.
Or is this a new 'conspiracy' we all should know about? Like, PP telepathically knowing what your beliefs are??
:hys:
Keep believing everyone is on your side man, I can assure you that I don’t care. Maybe others will take the time to do a simple Google search

https://financialservices.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?documentid=408456

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-after-floating-fines-sharing-misinformation/

IMG_6833.jpg

Last edited:
This is why I just use Craigslist. It's interesting, that last time I listed an item there they wanted $5 for car and motorcycle listings, which means people are now using "motorcycle parts" to list bikes since it's still free. Wonder how much longer until the music instruments section joins them? Then it'll be goodbye to that trash platform which, like ebay, has become more of a pain to make listings "please sign in" blah blah.

I will say if you are making online gear purchases using friends and family, you get what you get when some dirtball decides to rip you off. I can't believe some of the guitar forums even allow it but I guess it's your money to risk getting burned on.
Yup, cash only in preson here. I spend so much on CL it’s embarrassing. An SLO100 and a Mod Machine in the last 3wks 🤦‍♂️

Maybe paypal is getting wise to all that money being laundered through the used gear market.
Yeah, the feds are gonna make up the deficit they’re growing by billions each quarter with this chump change that is generally dudes taking a loss on what they initially paid for gear anyway. We should be laundering millions and billions though wars in foreign countries like the big boys if we want the feds to look the other way.

I've tried mutiple times thru sales at Reverb. They hold my money for 21 days unless the buyer comfirms he has recieved the goods.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The dudes saying Paypal is why they have too many amps and guitars

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No man. It's because keep buying stuff. Too much stuff.
You certainly don't need Paypal to get rid of it.

Between this and the Mesa Celestion conspiracy theories, I've had my fill of Rig Talk today.
JFC lolol

PP has been a predatory shitbag from their beginning, and only gotten worse. The fact that the state of Kalifornia, let alone the Feds, allow them to conduct themselves as they have only speaks louder.

Back