Diezel Herbert low gain clips

nbarts

I've just received my black 98LTC with set of 10s on it & as I was messing with it I made a few low gain Herbert clips, since there is so much talk about how it performs at bedroom level.

All clips made with power amp volume lower than 9:00. To give you idea, if you were in an apartment & you played at this volume daytime your neighbor probably wouldn't complain.

Anyway, I'll try to record more clips as the time goes by & post it here to show you how much this amp is capable of. Just the Herbert & some drums, hi-pass filter applied about 100hz to all guitars.

98LTC2.jpg

Channel 2-
Clean - Duncan SH4/SH1
http://www.dizero.com/Diezel/H2.mp2

Channel 3
For rough metal lovers - Duncan SH4
http://www.dizero.com/Diezel/H1.mp2

Channel 1 on left, Channel 2- on right
This one is my old 98LTC with 12s on it - Duncan SH1
http://www.dizero.com/Diezel/H3.mp2

awesome. cool clips. what kind of mic are you using?

the cleans on the Herbert are phenomenal. they definately sound "better" than the VH4's clean channel. its preference, but the herbert's cleans seem much more airy and pure than the VH4's. way more of a twin reverb vibe... maybe the best clean i've heard from any multi-channel amp. at the same time, i'd have to say the VH4 is second best (i won't go through the list of other multi-channel amps i've heard with great cleans) :thumbsup:

the herbert's channel 3 sounds cool. i definately see how its appropriate for traditional "metal" tones. i'd like to hear it at deafening volumes, which is how i usually play. i'll be demoing an herbert in a few days at Elite Music Sales in montgomery, AL.

from these clips, i have to say that i'm still partial to my VH4... but only because of my personal preference/playing style. sounds like it depends on where your sonic goals reside. if i used a more traditional/modern metal tone, then the herbert would probably be for me. right now, however, i think my sound may be best suited by the brutally intense searing tone of the VH4... ;)

thanks unbarts for the clips!

I've used CAD Trion7000 (close) & Apex 205 modified by Michael Joly (room).
I don't use pedals or loop effects, just a cable. I have addiction to string bending, that's what you are hearing probably.

I'll add clips if & when I have time, hopefully sometime soon.

very nice, but honestly (and don't mean to be rude at all :no: ) the bending was turning me off.

would you make another "clean" clip with a tiny bit more reverb and not so much bending?? :LOL: :LOL:

if you can please, post a clip of a band's song born in your city...its name has some in common with orange vegetables...:) and they play on diezel amps now

the clean seem to be processed with a vibrato effect.
on the metal clip i though it was used a light auto wha effect, but nbarts wrote it isn't so.

we want more!! :)

Nice stuff mate.

When I play my Herbert with the volume at 9:00 it rattles the doors in my house and sends the cat mad lol :D .

Hopefully, when I sort out the muddyness I am getting, I will post up some clips soon. I record through a Sennheiser E906 which sounds pretty good.

Stu.

Interesting playing style. I like the clean stuff, not so much the tone on the crunch clips, though.

Nbarts, I got me some Seymour Duncan Blackouts in my Edwards 98LTC.
I didn't like the highs of the JB, too sqeecky for my taste.

I always liked/disliked EMG's, quiet but lifeless.
Blackouts have the best of both worlds. Silent, high output and alive like passives.

I have to adjust the neck a bit, but will have to put on new strings first. But beautiful guitar.

I miss some low end in your clips.

It's funny, but out of all my Edwards LPs I don't really like some things on black 98LTC. I don't really get the yellow lines all around the guitar & all of a sudden white on the neck & they didn't do that good of a job with separation & near the headstock. Why couldn't they just do it one color for both?! It plays better than my older vintage white 98LTC though, but VW looks 10 times better.

Clips: If you are talking about area lower than 150-200hz that's because it's been hipassed, ribbons put awful a lot of low end & I keep that area for bass guitar anyway. I'm insane for top end in general, one of the reasons I prefer 2x12s. 4x12s shape different sound, more bottom mean & smooth top & generally sound bigger. But again I wouldn't argue, with my fatigued ears it's hard to judge. :doh:

Back