I Just Got Fucked By Paypal AND Reverb Big Time UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks man, sucks fucking big time!

I've only had good experiences on Reverb both buying and selling so far, but this definitely gives me pause. I currently have my FB100 up on Reverb and this has me second guessing whether to keep it up or not.

I've been fucked bad on several gear purchases in the recent past and had to fight tooth and nail to get things resolved; there are a lot of fucking scumbags out there for sure.

I hope it all works out for ya man!

This is really disappointing to hear since I am a big fan of reverb.

I hate it when no one will do anything when it is so obvious that the dude is sketchy, and you have the proof.

I hope you at least get your amp back.

The Problem is that in using Paypal, it appears this guy broke no laws, and to go further he could be looked at as the victim here! :doh: :doh: Now, I am NOT SAYING he is in any way at all, but I am merely pointing out the bullshit terms of Paypal!! Guy buys amp, gets the amp and then gives some bullshit excuse about "not described" and right away Paypal sides with the buyer. I dont have any hard numbers but it seems that the amount of times I've read about a seller getting screwed vs. a buyer getting screwed is easily 2 to 1.

I got screwed by Paypal years ago before Reverb existed. At that time they couldnt go into my bank account and could only take what was in my Paypal account, which was nothing as I always transferred funds into my bank as soon as I could. Sooner or later you WILL get screwed by them. Its only a matter of time and how often you use them.

I don't know if your a member over at TGP but a rep for Reverb is active on the forums, maybe stir some shit up over there.

BrokenFusion":29ylhf85 said:
I don't know if your a member over at TGP but a rep for Reverb is active on the forums, maybe stir some shit up over there.

TGP is so draconian that they'd ban me for life if I said anything cross about someone in their favor.

SavageRiffer":13gkgzd0 said:
BrokenFusion":13gkgzd0 said:

TGP is so draconian that they'd ban me for life if I said anything cross about someone in their favor.
I actually found some TGP stuff about 'Kam' when I searched 'Royal Brit Music'. Seems like some on TGP like him, or did a few years ago. I'd stay away from that place.
It's the same old use PP, the 'buyers always right' shit. 6 fucking months to 'return' something?? Re fucking diculous.
Edit: DEFINITELY stay away from TGP. Fusionbear, who some here have contact with, apparently is the tech that Royal Brit uses to refurbish some or all of his amps before he overprices them to sell. So posting this over there may stir up some attacks aimed towards you SR.

Racerxrated":14mwngxx said:
SavageRiffer":14mwngxx said:
BrokenFusion":14mwngxx said:

I actually found some TGP stuff about 'Kam' when I searched 'Royal Brit Music'. Seems like some on TGP like him, or did a few years ago. I'd stay away from that place.
It's the same old use PP, the 'buyers always right' shit. 6 fucking months to 'return' something?? Re fucking diculous.
Edit: DEFINITELY stay away from TGP. Fusionbear, who some here have contact with, apparently is the tech that Royal Brit uses to refurbish some or all of his amps before he overprices them to sell. So posting this over there may stir up some attacks aimed towards you SR.

Or he could just pop in and say - hey, fuck you all...peace out!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

This dude needs a fucking beat down period. No telling how many other guys he's ripping off. Hope your amp at least makes it back in one piece man.

Bloodrock":38swcqaq said:
This dude needs a fucking beat down period. No telling how many other guys he's ripping off. Hope your amp at least makes it back in one piece man.

I'm going with a lot.

Shit situation, SR.

Sad, but this seems to be increasing at an alarming rate.

Racerxrated":1j9imydw said:
SavageRiffer":1j9imydw said:
BrokenFusion":1j9imydw said:

That Carl is a very nice guy, based on all my interactions with him; doubt that he would get involved in any negative fashion.

I had a Paypal account and Ebay years ago and barely used it. Even with minimal use some jackass started using my good reputation to sell things and then screw folks out of their gear. The people at Ebay and Paypal were very helpful but was so annoying. I closed my accounts and decided to buy gear different ways.

UPDATE: PAYPAL JUST TOLD ME THEIR DECISION IS FINAL AND IT WON'T CHANGE, AND THE CASE HASN'T EVEN BEEN CLOSED YET.

I REPEATEDLY SENT ASKED THEM TO EXPLAIN HOW THEY CAN SIDE WITH HIM AFTER USING TWO FAKE NAMES AND SOMEONE ELSE'S ADDRESS, AND BOUGHT FROM A CLEARLY "AS-IS" "NO RETURN" POLICY. I ASKED WHY THEY GAVE HIM UNTIL THE 4TH TO CONTINUE USING THE AMP THAT I REQEUESTED BY RETURNED UNOPENED.

THE ONLY REPONSE PAYPAL GAVE ME WAS THE BUYER "PROVIDED VALID DOCUMENTATION FOR A REFUND" EVEN THOUGH NO SUCH DOCUMENTATION WAS EVER ENTERED INTO THE CASE. I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO ENTERED EVIDENCE IN THE CASE.

THIS MEANS THAT THE BUYER COULD WELL HAVE DAMAGED THE AMP AND GOTTEN SOME KIND OF DOCUMENTATION FOR IT.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS BUT I'M SO FUCKING PISSED RIGHT NOW!

jcj":3hzrzoj4 said:
Racerxrated":3hzrzoj4 said:
SavageRiffer":3hzrzoj4 said:
BrokenFusion":3hzrzoj4 said:

That Carl is a very nice guy, based on all my interactions with him; doubt that he would get involved in any negative fashion.
I'm sure he is a stand up guy, I have heard good things about him. But this 'Kam' person seems to be friends with him, and that could mean 'Kam' is a member in good standing on TGP which means the OP would be shit on quite quickly. Like a Blades thread lol.

Racerxrated":scsu5rta said:
jcj":scsu5rta said:
Racerxrated":scsu5rta said:
SavageRiffer":scsu5rta said:
BrokenFusion":scsu5rta said:

I'm sure he is a stand up guy, I have heard good things about him. But this 'Kam' person seems to be friends with him, and that could mean 'Kam' is a member in good standing on TGP which means the OP would be shit on quite quickly. Like a Blades thread lol.

My suggestion was to shine a light on Reverb and force them to explain their stance on the situation since a lot of sellers can be affected in the same way,not to call out the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back