Snapped these up for your enjoyment:)
241478463.jpg

241478485.jpg

Bogner
241478427.jpg

241478451.jpg

241478437.jpg

241478506.jpg

As I had mentioned in a previous thread, the build, detail and tolex on the Bogner is nicer, but dollar for dollar I feel the Avatar is a better buy. Since I am the owner of both, I have no reason to lie:)

Is the avatar the same size as the bogner? Their reported dimensions on their respective sites differ by a few inches. Either way, good for me to hear you are enjoying your avatar as mine just shipped today:)
Thanks for the pics btw.
-Jesse

Interesting, the Bogner has the strips screwed to the where the sides meet and the backs are secured a tad different. I have no clue if that does anything tone wise.

I know where my next 4x12 is coming from, thanks for your trouble Dan.

:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":73ca3 said:
Interesting, the Bogner has the strips screwed to the where the sides meet and the backs are secured a tad different. I have no clue if that does anything tone wise.

The Bogner is definately better made for sure. Enough to warrant almost double the cost, I dont think so. Perhaps if I get a chance to A/B them with the same kind of speaker, I'd have a better idea. I do like the Weber 65's in this cab a little more than the Greenbacks in the other. Hmmm.

Digital Jams":4e307 said:

i noticed that as well...the bogner also appears to have a one piece baffle, and the avatar either has a two piece or that strip on the inside is reinforcing the front baffle for no reason

i'm sure all that affects the tone in some way but i can't say if it's good/bad or how much of a difference it would be

cool pics dan, thanks for posting these...i'm tempted to post these on HCAF for all the people who said they're the same cab with a different name, but that'll be a 10 page mudfest proving nothing

Well I could always add the mid support and the bracing where the sides meet for about $15 bucks, I would want that center brace to go up against the back if I was playing loud to keep the back in-place better.

The Bogner does appear to be built better but imo not $300 better but then I am going by sight only and not listening to these cabs.

Digital Jams":ecb2a said:

That Avatar 2x12 is from Mojo, but the Avatar 4x12's are not from Mojo. I'm not sure where they get their 4x12's from.

Digital Jams":a45e7 said:
Well I could always add the mid support and the bracing where the sides meet for about $15 bucks, I would want that center brace to go up against the back if I was playing loud to keep the back in-place better.

The Bogner does appear to be built better but imo not $300 better but then I am going by sight only and not listening to these cabs.

You might be able to get a deal on a loaded cab from this guy!! Might save you some money and they are well built cabs.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=231405

danyeo":2efdd said:

That Avatar 2x12 is from Mojo, but the Avatar 4x12's are not from Mojo. I'm not sure where they get their 4x12's from.

I THINK I saw gut shots of the 4x12 and saw no issues, worst case I would do some chauking and maybe adding some wood.

I just want the cab and will spam the speakers cause I want a MC90 loaded cab. Just can't beat that price imo.

Gainfreak":9bc9a said:

You might be able to get a deal on a loaded cab from this guy!! Might save you some money and they are well built cabs.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=231405

NOICE!

412_openback.jpg

$600 but shipping would probably be around $100. There was a mint old school metal face Mesa 4x12 with 90s for $450 in Cali local only :doh:

Thanks for all the info in this thread folks. I am interested in the Avatar Vintage 4x12's. Still not sure if they are comparable to what I have though.

I am looking for another 4x12 but with different character than what I have now.

In the end I may just end up buying an old school Mesa cab, but want to explore my options first. :thumbsup:

I also tried the link Ralph posted above, but it came up invalid...anyone know who the gyuy he is talkng about is?

T

mctallica1":ef7ac said:
Thanks for all the info in this thread folks. I am interested in the Avatar Vintage 4x12's. Still not sure if they are comparable to what I have though.

I am looking for another 4x12 but with different character than what I have now.

In the end I may just end up buying an old school Mesa cab, but want to explore my options first. :thumbsup:

I also tried the link Ralph posted above, but it came up invalid...anyone know who the gyuy he is talkng about is?

T

I talked to Hgainiac on teh phone a few days ago. Friend of his just bought an Avatar 4x12 Vintage loaded with h30's and they said the construction was top notch and it sounded glorious with MKIV and JVM. Im undecided whether to get another 4x12 or just get a 2x12 from Avatar.

tweed":4c96e said:

I talked to Hgainiac on teh phone a few days ago. Friend of his just bought an Avatar 4x12 Vintage loaded with h30's and they said the construction was top notch and it sounded glorious with MKIV and JVM. Im undecided whether to get another 4x12 or just get a 2x12 from Avatar.

Very interesting.

Do you know if this friend plays metal?

For the price, those cabs look awsome.

mctallica1":f4eda said:

Very interesting.

Do you know if this friend plays metal?

For the price, those cabs look awsome.

When I called they were playing every 80's riff you could think of. Im sure it will do metal but have not heard it in person. If I hear or see anything i'll let ya know.

I just got my Avatar Vintage 2x12 in. I haven't loaded the speakers in it yet but from what i can tell, fuck Bogner and their bloated prices. The Avatar 2x12 is top notch, it's a Mojo cab anyway. And i got it from the Scratch/dent overstock and the defect on it is soo damm small it took me a few minutes to find it.

I haven't even played it but I'm pretty much sold on it, i wouldn't waste my money on a Bogner.

danyeo":cdaca said:
I just got my Avatar Vintage 2x12 in. I haven't loaded the speakers in it yet but from what i can tell, fuck Bogner and their bloated prices. The Avatar 2x12 is top notch, it's a Mojo cab anyway. And i got it from the Scratch/dent overstock and the defect on it is soo damm small it took me a few minutes to find it.

I haven't even played it but I'm pretty much sold on it, i wouldn't waste my money on a Bogner.

I was aware the 2x12's are MOJO, but I don't think the 4x12's are. Are they?

Construction quality looks great and I am seriously considering one, but I want to make sure because resale value on these isn't so great.

In the old days, I would just call Dave and shoot the shit with him, but their business is booming (and I am happy for him!), so he doesn't have as much time as he used to.

Didn't you have a MOJO at one point? If yes, what did you think of it?

Back