High Gain Kemper Profiles

hatrick00

Can someone please point me in the right direction for some good high gain Kemper profiles? I am about to profile my own (Friedman JJ, 20th Shiva, Nitro, 5150 stealth) but need something comparable in the mean time... anyone? Also any tips for the profiling process would be appreciated... thanks!

eraserhead101":27z26gly said:
Try Sinmix out I also made profiles of my Modded marshalls and a BE100.. And my studio is pro

PM me I will help you out.
nice, love the friedman stuff

Vrad":dhqulg3d said:
I have a bunch for sale.

Check the link in my signature.

Dude those are sick. If I ever snag a Kemper to compliment my Axe, you'll make some $ off of me for sure.

Steinmetzify":3bwc65xs said:
Vrad":3bwc65xs said:
I have a bunch for sale.

Dude those are sick. If I ever snag a Kemper to compliment my Axe, you'll make some $ off of me for sure.

Thanks man! :rock:

hatrick00":2sppcuvd said:
Vrad":2sppcuvd said:
I have a bunch for sale.

awesome, gonna check it out tonight, thanks!

Cool.

Hey, if you want some custom stuff. We can talk about it too. I have the EVH, Rev G Dual Recto, Mesa Mark V 25, Modded Marshall Super Lead.

mrTapp":155hv89x said:
There is a link on my website where you can download hi-gain profiles for free.

http://www.tappamps.com/news/
awesome! gonna check them out tonight, thank you!!! this is why i love rigtalk!! thanks for all the help guys. after i profile my own amps i will be returning the favor so anyone who wants them send me your email and i will make a list. i listed my current amps in my original post for anyone curious...

So i have accumulated some pretty awesome profiles since i made this post.... my favorite (high gain) being a 1974 50w Marshall Modded by Cameron.... honestly can't even remember where i picked that one up but it is crazy good. VRAD also made a BADASS Archon profile that is VERY accurate to the Archon i had, sounds great. Just wondering what everyone's modern high gain Go-To profile is for the kemper?? I see a lot of touring bands switching to Kemper and i am sure that there are some commonly used Go-To profiles. Anyone want to trade some profiles?? It will never replace my live rigs but damn for practicing, writing at home, and for studio use this thing is amazing.

When you get to profiling your own rigs, I recommend 3 things:

1) try several different mics. Remember, the SM57 has a unique character. I don't think it works the best for micing amps for profiling, but YMMV. Try a bunch. Think of the Audix I5, Sennheisers, etc.

2) use several mic locations. Of course avoid the center of the cone and the edge of the cone, but really explore that middle section with the mic straight on, angled in a few different ways, and at several distances. The kind of cloth or metal protecting your speakers can filter and change tone, and I find a mic placed less than an inch from the grill isn't the best choice. A few inches back can lessen the impact of the cloth. Of course, you catch more of the cone this way, too, which can be a good thing. If you want to isolate the speaker even more, remove the grill cloth and place the mic close to the speaker. See what you like best.

3) once you find the sweet mic at the sweet spot of the speaker, make A LOT of different profiles of each amp at lots of different settings. You won't love them all, but you'll find, when listening back to the profiles, there's a lot more variety to great tube amps at different settings. The most powerful changes, of course, are by varying the channel volume and the master volume. You know this instinctively by playing your amps, but don't forget it when profiling. As an example, I took 27 profiles of my Friedman JCM800 with the Kitchen Sink mod. They are all different.

squank":125s0r3i said:
When you get to profiling your own rigs, I recommend 3 things:

1) try several different mics. Remember, the SM57 has a unique character. I don't think it works the best for micing amps for profiling, but YMMV. Try a bunch. Think of the Audix I5, Sennheisers, etc.

2) use several mic locations. Of course avoid the center of the cone and the edge of the cone, but really explore that middle section with the mic straight on, angled in a few different ways, and at several distances. The kind of cloth or metal protecting your speakers can filter and change tone, and I find a mic placed less than an inch from the grill isn't the best choice. A few inches back can lessen the impact of the cloth. Of course, you catch more of the cone this way, too, which can be a good thing. If you want to isolate the speaker even more, remove the grill cloth and place the mic close to the speaker. See what you like best.

3) once you find the sweet mic at the sweet spot of the speaker, make A LOT of different profiles of each amp at lots of different settings. You won't love them all, but you'll find, when listening back to the profiles, there's a lot more variety to great tube amps at different settings. The most powerful changes, of course, are by varying the channel volume and the master volume. You know this instinctively by playing your amps, but don't forget it when profiling. As an example, I took 27 profiles of my Friedman JCM800 with the Kitchen Sink mod. They are all different.
Thanks for the tips! I tried to profile my JJ and my BE but they didn't turn out too great since I don't have an ideal control room setup to isolate my sound. And the truth is that I have so many profiles that sound good enough that I just haven't really felt the need to try again (until I can get them into the studio to do a proper profile job). I plan to take all my heads in the near future to friend's studio and make a whole day of profiling. In the meantime looking to trade some profiles or purchase some proven good ones.

Update: anyone interested search Pete Turley on the rig exchange. That dude has some legit profiles! Sounds killer.

Great thread ! .... So far for me the Marc Cudan 6505+ profile and there is a Mark IIc+ profile I like from Djemass

the4thlast1":3t0ta5s6 said:
Great thread ! .... So far for me the Marc Cudan 6505+ profile and there is a Mark IIc+ profile I like from Djemass
Those are pretty cool! Ok I spent about 3 hours this morning going through some profiles. Got my kemper sounding better than ever. The biggest problem I have found with this thing so far is that the quality of the profiles can vary sooooo much. Kinda a scavenger hunt to find the good ones.... But once you do this thing is the real deal. Captures some sounds that I just have not gotten out of the axe fx. Sometimes I like the axe more because there is no chase, you just use your ear and build what sounds right. But I see the kemper having a bigger potential of tones it can capture. Both are amazing machines. Anyone that is having trouble can PM me. I will hook you up.

the4thlast1":cc23iz45 said:

Sorry, absolutely not meaning to hijack this thread but I couldn't contact you any other way. I may be interested in buying your Tom Anderson Pro Am but I couldn't reply to that thread anymore and you don't seem to have specified any means of contact. If you still have it and would still like to sell it, I'd be more than happy if you got back to me. Thanks a bunch and again, sorry for interrupting. Cheers!

Back