Marty Friedman: Engl Inferno Sig Amp

I love Poland and Friedman, both are simply awesome. But I do think Poland's post-Megadeth work in Ohm is much more interesting to me than Friedman's solo stuff fwiw. In Megadeth I'd give the nod to Marty though.

The amp in the link above sounds kinda boring, nothing special, its like any other Engl, too polite, smooth and compressed.

I thought it sounded really promising in that vid. This vid was probably recorded with something cheap like an iPhone. Betting NAMM will give us a better recording of this amp.

Hard to tell from that clip but it seems to sound tight and detailed like most ENGL stuff and the price is definitely reasonable when compared to the "boutique" guys raved about on this forum so I think it should do well.

Based on the clip posted above... it sounds most like the Engl Artist Edition. I'm not hearing any PB or Invader.

Very meh... I'll stick to my SE EL34.

born_hard":2p45xsrm said:
Has anyone checked out the Friedman Engl?

Marty should of contacted Dave.....

We would of gotten a Friedman Friedman :doh:

Seriously, i want to hear thoughts on Marty's amp too, i am curious.

I'm a Marty fan but this is some nice playin' right here. I wouldn't put one above the other to be honest. It would just come down to who I was in the mood for.

There’s just not that much info on these, it sure why. Maybe they just didn’t sell many. I’d love to learn more too.

Kapo_Polenton":3iupprj5 said:
SavageRiffer":3iupprj5 said:
Rezamatix":3iupprj5 said:
midnightlaundry":3iupprj5 said:
Man, he's a little dude.. That amp is almost as big as him..

BUT, every guitar player after him in Megadeth tries to eclipse what he did, but no uh uh..

best guitarist in megadeth was and always will be chris poland.

I cannot agree with this. Eh, ever hear Rust in Peace? Rust through Youthanasia is easily Megadeth's greatest and most iconic years. Poland brought it, but Friedman took it up a few notches.

100% disagree. Marty was the best and the strongest material came out of his stint with them. In fact, I would argue that Kiko now is the second best as he is seems to be a hybrid between those two guys doing some of the chromatic stuff that I heard in Poland's playing. Poland was solid though, just think Marty was epic. Every note that guy touched on Rust in Peace is perfect. Doesn't get any better than that. The reason that album is so iconic is not only for the songs but also those jaw dropping leads.
Martys tone too on the albums he played on was jaw dropping ! When he kicked in for his leads that singing wailing tone would make goosebumps pop up on my arms,yep he's that good!

Back