Is Randall going out of business??

napalmdeath

You'd think so. The Thrasher 50 virtually disappeared off the face of the earth, and I can't find a Diavlo RD45H on the face of the earth either. Some sights say due in May, some say discontinued.. What's their deal??

That would suck because I've been anticipating the Thrasher 50. I love the Thrasher, but it's just too bulky and loud for my use. The 50 would be better for me.

SavageRiffer":3p9c2bkf said:
That would suck because I've been anticipating the Thrasher 50. I love the Thrasher, but it's just too bulky and loud for my use. The 50 would be better for me.

If you can find one!

Randall are impossible to get in new zealand. Use to be an importer but their customer service was so appalling that now know one wants to deal with them so we can't get them. This was all before the fortin got involved....it appears things haven't changed sadly

sytharnia1560":3iqeggt5 said:
Randall are impossible to get in new zealand. Use to be an importer but their customer service was so appalling that now know one wants to deal with them so we can't get them. This was all before the fortin got involved....it appears things haven't changed sadly

It's pretty appalling here in the states as well, as is their marketing. I have yet to find a demo of the Thrasher 50, ANYWHERE, since it's inception. This Joe Delaney character seems to be a real douche. And if they had it together, I'm sure Fortin wouldn't have bailed. Now, I think they're fucked. No new products in 2 years.

I've owned the RD45H three times, I love that amp and want another!

Who here remembers when Randall was acquired by us music corp in the 90s?

Word was Dime wanted to buy randall around that time.....

rottingcorpse":3mfwcwgn said:
Who here remembers when Randall was acquired by us music corp in the 90s?

Word was Dime wanted to buy randall around that time.....

Could have been cool/way different. Imagine Dime playing Fortins! :rock:

Randall hasn't been able to really get the amp line off the ground sales wise. They Had Bruce Engater for a while designing their Modular Series (which was their more successful venture) and had Mike Fortin design a bunch of amps based off his more popular designs. But that has been a huge failure for them. And Mike took the hit for it when they let him go. And not Mikes fault at all. They basically took a great design and cheapened it and made it in China, and then charged US prices. No body is going to lay out 1500.00 to 2000 for a Chinese made amp. Jet City had the right Idea, and were priced accordingly. I think Randall tried to take advantage of Mikes name and charge a premium for it. and Randall was extremely pissed when Lynch was a big endorsement artist yet live was seen playing many other amps.

Endorsement deals are simply a way of making income (living). Only reason Lynch still has a ESP endorsement is Matt who is the President of ESP, is George's best friend and former guitar tech.

Randall's product line amp wise is too specific and marketed to the heavy Metal Genre, and the impression most have is Randall's are pure Metal amps and not even suitable for Rock. all though not true, the impression is still there. Who is going to bring the SATAN model to church in a Church band? Nothing at all wrong with Heavy Music, I love it. But from a business perspective, it is an extremely narrow Market and you can't make money on it. The other Amp companies like Marshall, Mesa, Peavey, Soldano, Fender, and others make amps that can be used by any Music genre, not that Randall can't, but they Market to a very small demographic and the cosmetics of their amps is designed for that market.

Of course Randall is just a name, the original Randall amp company really doesn't exist anymore as it was sold of a few times. Randall's biggest hey day was in the early 80's with the fur covered solid state amps and that too faded away until Dimebag brought them into prominence again buy playing them.

baron55":33vwwxr2 said:
Randall hasn't been able to really get the amp line off the ground sales wise. They Had Bruce Engater for a while designing their Modular Series (which was their more successful venture) and had Mike Fortin design a bunch of amps based off his more popular designs. But that has been a huge failure for them. And Mike took the hit for it when they let him go. And not Mikes fault at all. They basically took a great design and cheapened it and made it in China, and then charged US prices. No body is going to lay out 1500.00 to 2000 for a Chinese made amp. Jet City had the right Idea, and were priced accordingly. I think Randall tried to take advantage of Mikes name and charge a premium for it. and Randall was extremely pissed when Lynch was a big endorsement artist yet live was seen playing many other amps.

Endorsement deals are simply a way of making income (living). Only reason Lynch still has a ESP endorsement is Matt who is the President of ESP, is George's best friend and former guitar tech.

Randall's product line amp wise is too specific and marketed to the heavy Metal Genre, and the impression most have is Randall's are pure Metal amps and not even suitable for Rock. all though not true, the impression is still there. Who is going to bring the SATAN model to church in a Church band? Nothing at all wrong with Heavy Music, I love it. But from a business perspective, it is an extremely narrow Market and you can't make money on it. The other Amp companies like Marshall, Mesa, Peavey, Soldano, Fender, and others make amps that can be used by any Music genre, not that Randall can't, but they Market to a very small demographic and the cosmetics of their amps is designed for that market.

Of course Randall is just a name, the original Randall amp company really doesn't exist anymore as it was sold of a few times. Randall's biggest hey day was in the early 80's with the fur covered solid state amps and that too faded away until Dimebag brought them into prominence again buy playing them.

So True! Even Scott Ian is no longer with Randall & he was a huge supporter for years. Now he's with Fender, Unofficially.

I like the Satan, Thrasher 100, and the RD100, but can't really justify them. I'd say the Thrasher would be my first choice of the three, almost purchased the Satan that was for sale here.

I'm still considering a RG 1503-212 or going with the RG3003H and maybe a matching 2x12 cab (I have speakers to upgrade if needed, and I have a pair of Engl 2x12 cabs). Most places have these listed as being available in May...guess we'll see.

I'm hoping Randall isn't dead yet, and for the next several years at least.

Starman22":1lsquvmy said:
Holy crap I just saw the movie from which your avatar was from. :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: I instantly knew the guy who did Napoleon Dynamite had to be involved with this. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

baron55":1xjgg668 said:
Who is going to bring the SATAN model to church in a Church band?
I know a guy who brings his Randall Diavlo to church band jams, lol!
Their cosmetic stylings are often hideous!

I'm waiting for Satan to go on closeout deals...

I think US Music owns them and US Music has successfully run pretty much everything they had into the ground. Washburn, Parker and Randall are all basically dead brands despite some killer products.

I'll give you guys an example of how lazy their marketing team is. I bought a USA CS Parker 7 and then sold it to a friend of mine who plays in a huge band with a big following and I even emailed them saying they should follow up with him for free PR. NOBODY contacted him.

Like 6 months later Jackson gave him a sig model lol

Back