Jet City Jose mod Video

Awesome. Is that what the Atomica is based off of? That thread on Metropoulos is a great read on how he found that amp. I was I had the link..

from your aldrich, jose and this clip, i can hear the similarity which i've never hear in the other place.
especially your aldrich and jose clip has very firm / hard / aggressive sound which is opposite to the smooth / easy to play.
that is to say, i cannot hear the similar things in the other Cameron CCV or Cameron modified amp clips.

in your opinion, what can make it happen?
is it your cabinet / speaker setting, or is it in the circuit, or is it just your hand?

midnightlaundry":il62c34s said:
Awesome. Is that what the Atomica is based off of? That thread on Metropoulos is a great read on how he found that amp. I was I had the link..
the Brad era run Atomica is Jose based with a single gain. Keep in mind that was a "Collaboration" using the term loosely.

idnotbe":fbfdj610 said:
from your aldrich, jose and this clip, i can hear the similarity which i've never hear in the other place.
especially your aldrich and jose clip has very firm / hard / aggressive sound which is opposite to the smooth / easy to play.
that is to say, i cannot hear the similar things in the other Cameron CCV or Cameron modified amp clips.

in your opinion, what can make it happen?
is it your cabinet / speaker setting, or is it in the circuit, or is it just your hand?

I’m sure some of my playing has to do with it. I tend to hit the string hard with my pick hand. Despite what may be heard, all of the amps have great touch sensitivity and feel and sound massive in the room.

FWIW, I’m playing an alder body, maple neck Charvel with a Suhr Aldrich bridge pickup into a 4x12 with Anniversary G12H30 Celestions. No pedals or buffers are being used, no wet/dry/wet rig is being used either.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Great. Here are some unkind words for you then. I hate you. You have all these wonderful toys and you won't help us get our own. I come on here and listen to your clips and salivate over all of them and know that I'm just not going to get those tones...thanks a million psycho !

(For any of you sticks in the mud the above content is all in jest, I wish Dave the best, but I do want those damn tones !!! )

paulyc":5xl5td1o said:
Great. Here are some unkind words for you then. I hate you. You have all these wonderful toys and you won't help us get our own. I come on here and listen to your clips and salivate over all of them and know that I'm just not going to get those tones...thanks a million psycho !

(For any of you sticks in the mud the above content is all in jest, I wish Dave the best, but I do want those damn tones !!! )

Haha :LOL: :LOL:

Sounds like a Madison Divinity.

Jk. :) Sorry, people that were on HC and here for awhile will appreciate that reference.

Seriously though, sounds great! Has that kind of mid "squawk" that you hear with those types of amps. When I think about that tone I think about Lynch's riff that starts "Night By Night" on "Back for the Attack".

romanianreaper":2wbhsvzf said:
Sounds like a Madison Divinity.

Jk. :) Sorry, people that were on HC and here for awhile will appreciate that reference.

Seriously though, sounds great! Has that kind of mid "squawk" that you hear with those types of amps. When I think about that tone I think about Lynch's riff that starts "Night By Night" on "Back for the Attack".

Madison Divinity! Haven't heard that name in years! This amp does sound killer!

midnightlaundry":3g1xjmo5 said:
I remember that amp was the shit and all the rage on HCAF. But didn't they burst into flames or something?

Yeah, believe so! Wasn't there also a shill/rep who was always beating the forum up trying to sell his product?

Awesome, great sounding set of mods :thumbsup:

midnightlaundry":1lfk9jh6 said:
I remember that amp was the shit and all the rage on HCAF. But didn't they burst into flames or something?

Was never on HCAF but never heard anything negative about the JCA stuff... and having been inside a couple of them the builds look solid to me.

midnightlaundry":3h8rf3jy said:

LOL! I don't know if anyone had any explode but everyone was complaining about the duct tape inside holding stuff together, etc.

I gotta be honest, I had one for awhile and it did sound pretty good. Was years ago so can't even comment on the tone, etc. because I don't remember. It was hilarious when all of us were arguing back and forth about them. :)

technomancer":2ev0exr7 said:
Awesome, great sounding set of mods :thumbsup:

midnightlaundry":2ev0exr7 said:

Was never on HCAF but never heard anything negative about the JCA stuff... and having been inside a couple of them the builds look solid to me.

Believe he's referring to Madison, not JCA amps bursting into flames. I wasn't on HC, but I do recall the reports of Madison amps having reliability issues. No idea if they're still in business, but I believe they were German, or based somewhere in Europe. High gainers on the cheaper side if I recall correctly.

Back