Reverb Amp Buy Gone Bad

Wizard of Ozz":195i0y3a said:
steve_k":195i0y3a said:
$1800 should buy a pristine Rev G Triple Recto with a gram of coke in the chassis. At $1000-$1200, the condition is what I would expect.

It was not to have any mods. Who did the bias mod, Joe Shit the amp dude?

When I have an amp show up in a box like that, and packed like that, I prepare for the worse, and it sets me off too. Lazy fucks. Lucky it wasn't busted up.

Go buy a proper box and packing material, or specify local pick up.

Some people have no business shipping gear.

Seller should man up and pay up.

Steve

Exactly. Thanks Steve. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are familiar with Joe Sh!t's Amp Mods. The loosely wrapped electrical tape with a squirt of silicone caulk is one of his classic mods. I'm just glad he didn't sign the inside of the chassis.

LOL, never heard of Joe sh#ts but sound's like he does great work

steve_k":2m4cqlmr said:
Wizard of Ozz":2m4cqlmr said:
Well...

Reverb has been 100% useless. Seems like "Reverb Buyer Protection" is laughable at best. Sent them a bunch of pics and details 2 days ago... haven't heard a peep back.

Looks like I'll go thru PP. Sad. Last time I buy anything on Reverb.

Reverb, when it started out was good at taking care of these things. Plus, all the seller fees are accounted for and returned. Ever since they started with the Reverb Checkout option direct with a CC, they don't seem to give a shit about PP purchases anymore. Maybe get them on the live chat and communicate with them. But, direct to PP will work too. The seller will be out the seller fee to Reverb as well.

Good luck.

Thanks again Steve. :thumbsup:

Reverb got back to me after 3 days with an offer of partial refund, which I never asked for nor want. I just want to send the amp back for a full refund, since the seller lied to me, misrepresented the item in his listing, and it is definitely not as described.

It's obvious the reverb peeps are more interested in making sure their latte art is perfect and that their new ambient jam groove is on Spotify instead of taking care of their customers. Hipsters. Gotta love em.

So, I escalated my PP Claim and I'll see where that goes. If nothing else, I'll have my CC company straight gorilla the money back. Don't like to be like that, but enough is enough.

No more reverb buying for me, and F-Chicago Music Exchange their parent company...

And a special F-U to RigTalk Member: lowrig
Anyone entering in to any deals with him, beware. He's in Seattle, Washington. Reverb Shop: Lee's Gear Garage.

Caveat Emptor. Scamming, lowlife, scumbags. Sad.

Man, fuck that shit, sorry Oz. I hope it turns out ok for you. And another big FU to lowpig. Give Oz his refund already shitbag.

Wizard of Ozz":1phd27kr said:
No more reverb buying for me, and F-Chicago Music Exchange their parent company...

And a special F-U to RigTalk Member: lowrig Anyone entering in to any deals with him, beware. He's in Seattle, Washington. Reverb Shop: Lee's Gear Garage.

Caveat Emptor. Scamming, lowlife, scumbags. Sad.
Scamming, lowlife, scumbags... Very sad.

Thank you, Ozz, for warning us about this. Definitely not the way anybody should be doing business. I really hope this all works out.

lowrig... WTF?? Are you afraid that if you accept Ozz's return, you might learn something about how amps are supposed to be packed???

Update:

After going back and forth with reverb.com and the seller, I said I'd accept a partial refund (although I prefer a full refund, but reverb.com has been zero help and seems to have zero interest in giving me a 100% full refund)... and now I get this message:

From Reverb.com
"Since a claim was opened in PayPal for the full value, to avoid any further complications, we just ask that you close your claim in PayPal. Since your seller is covering $XXX.00 worth of this partial refund, and we are covering $100, we cannot process this through PayPal, a they do not have a function to do this. So, once this claim is closed, I can process this partial refund on my end. To put your mind at ease, you are still 100% protected via Reverb Protection, so although we are asking you to close this claim in PayPal, you are still going to be completely covered.

Thank you–please let me know when you close this claim so we can process this partial refund. Thanks!"

I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed here again. Why do I need to close my PP claim before I receive the refund? That makes zero sense to me. Furthermore, once I close my PP claim I have very limited (near zero besides my CC company) venues of recourse. I have no idea why they are asking this?

WTF! Im still protected 100% thru Reverb Protection?!? Are you kidding me? I think I'm just going to hold out for a full refund, send the amp back, and ride out the process thru PP. I tried working things out thru reverb.com support and the seller, but no one wants to help or even be reasonable.

Thoughts, advice? Talk amongst yourselves.

Wizard of Ozz":wny2h0et said:
Update:

After going back and forth with reverb.com and the seller, I said I'd accept a partial refund (although I prefer a full refund, but reverb.com has been zero help and seems to have zero interest in giving me a 100% full refund)... and now I get this message:

From Reverb.com
"Since a claim was opened in PayPal for the full value, to avoid any further complications, we just ask that you close your claim in PayPal. Since your seller is covering $XXX.00 worth of this partial refund, and we are covering $100, we cannot process this through PayPal, a they do not have a function to do this. So, once this claim is closed, I can process this partial refund on my end. To put your mind at ease, you are still 100% protected via Reverb Protection, so although we are asking you to close this claim in PayPal, you are still going to be completely covered.

Thank you–please let me know when you close this claim so we can process this partial refund. Thanks!"

I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed here again. Why do I need to close my PP claim before I receive the refund? That makes zero sense to me. Furthermore, once I close my PP claim I have very limited (near zero besides my CC company) venues of recourse. I have no idea why they are asking this?

WTF! Im still protected 100% thru Reverb Protection?!? Are you kidding me? I think I'm just going to hold out for a full refund, send the amp back, and ride out the process thru PP. I tried working things out thru reverb.com support and the seller, but no one wants to help or even be reasonable.

I'd stick with the PP claim and ride it out for the full refund man. Just my 2, but considering the issues with the amp that weren't accurately disclosed upon purchase, they'd possibly bug you beyond a partial refund.

LP Freak":ytt3pbqb said:
It’s so you don’t try to get a refund from both.

But if I get the refund... ship the amp back to reverb.com support, the seller, whomever... they have proof the amp has already been returned? Physical proof... the amp itself.

I thought about the double refund idea... but that's not something I'd do personally, just want whats fair... however reverb.com open themselves up to this sort of scam due to their business model... not sure how it should be my issue as a buyer that was lied to and ripped off???

MetalHeadMike":3tl9e36m said:
Wizard of Ozz":3tl9e36m said:
Update:

From Reverb.com

I'd stick with the PP claim and ride it out for the full refund man. Just my 2, but considering the issues with the amp that weren't accurately disclosed upon purchase, they'd possibly bug you beyond a partial refund.

Thanks Mike. :thumbsup:

This is what it looks like I'm going to do. Reverb.com just doesn't want to be of any serious help. And you can forget calling them on the phone as their resolution team is located somewhere in Cheyenne Mountain and under the cone of silence at all times... and live chat... forget that too... all they say is: you need to email the resolution team... who only read emails once every 24hr period.

paulyc":1j1nbre5 said:
Call your CC and fuck Reverb, PayPal, the seller, etc... my .02

Straight gorilla huh? Let the mighty silverback loose... I mean I've tried to work it out, but reverb.com doesn't care, no communication from the seller (not even a sorry, my bad, nothing)... Scammers suck. Reverb had the nuts to tell me it's tough for the seller too as he was going to use the money to buy a new amp... Like I give a flying f--k what that scamming pos does.

You’ve been reasonable, fuck ‘em. After you’re sure you have your money send the damn amp back in the same box it came to you in. Let the seller sweat ?

paulyc":9lihn637 said:
You’ve been reasonable, fuck ‘em. After you’re sure you have your money send the damn amp back in the same box it came to you in. Let the seller sweat ?

Lol. :LOL: :LOL:

I thought about doing just that... but I have too much respect for a Mesa amp. Not sure wtf is up... but reverb can kiss my @$$.

Not sure why you say gorilla honestly, how much respect has the seller shown you ? Zero. You asked the right questions, he either flat out lied (rusty transformers) or was ignorant (bias mod and caps), then doesn’t want to take a return for a refund ? If he had told the truth he wouldn’t have your money to buy his next dream amp (per Reverb telling you he’d lose on s partial refund) so the hell with him. I’ll never buy or sell on Reverb, too many horror stories.

paulyc":1ayeps8r said:
Not sure why you say gorilla honestly, how much respect has the seller shown you ? Zero. You asked the right questions, he either flat out lied (rusty transformers) or was ignorant (bias mod and caps), then doesn’t want to take a return for a refund ? If he had told the truth he wouldn’t have your money to buy his next dream amp (per Reverb telling you he’d lose on s partial refund) so the hell with him. I’ll never buy or sell on Reverb, too many horror stories.

When you're right, you're right. :yes:
I'll see what PP does. They've got a few more days to respond to my claim. Then I'll just call my CC company. I guess I just don't get people. This is the first time I've ever even had to file a PP claim in buying/selling/trading gear in 20+ years. Sad.

paulyc":cbuvwyqh said:
100% agree with this. Just hope it works out. The hassle is such B.S.

None of this stuff would really bother me. However I would definitely swap out those F&T caps for the caps you can buy from mesa. Like Dave said the rust won't make any difference in sound, if you can't live with it you could knock it off with a scotchbright pad, and hit it with some black rattle can.

Now that being said. You did ask specific questions, the seller did not give a shit, and simply told what you wanted to hear to make the sale. He was dishonest, and for $1800 I'd be pissed too.

Back