Group Buy for Bruce Egnator's Amp Building Class

ChurchHill

paulyc":12j2hx37 said:
I’d love to know enough to build and tweak amps too...maybe a bunch of us should do a group buy for Bruce Egnater’s amp building class... I’ve heard great things from a few members here that have done it... any interest ?
Paulyc mentioned this in another thread. Per his suggestion, we didn't want to get too far off-topic. So, here's a new thread to discuss this possibility.

Here are some relevant posts from the previous thread...
maddnotez":26w6cv7v said:
Wish I could build amps, would be so badass.
ChurchHill":26w6cv7v said:
I would totally do that. I've built a few, modded more than I've built, but mostly just a tinkerer. It would have to be sometime I'm not tied up at work (December's about the only time I'm mostly sure about having free time this year), but I would love to do something like that. I've thought about going to one of those seminars, Egnater and several others, for years, just never did. This would be a great excuse to finally do it!

Basically, the idea would be to get enough of us together to fill up a workshop. I've heard great things about Egnator's clinics. What would be more fun than spending several days building amps and trading notes with a bunch of tone-obsessed hear-hounds? ;)

So, who else is interested in doing this??

I am, Bruce is a great guy, he’s done 3 Marshalls for me, and I’ve heard great things about his class from members here in the past, who else might be in ???

What model is he doing?
I remember he was doing a mini a few classes bacik.
His shop is about 90 minutes from me.
That’s if he’s doing it in Michigan

Not sure... if there's enough interest, I'll try to get in touch with him and see what could be arranged. I do know that Sweetwater's hosted at least one of these. At his shop in Michigan is my best guess, though.

Yes, Michigan. I’d imagine if we were the whole class we MAY be able to pick which amp, he has several available.

I’m good buddies with his ex partner Jeff Hilligan.
Been an Egnater fan for years.
The modual system was so killer back in the day.

Mailman1971":3ex2ikxx said:
What model is he doing?
Great ! We’re all crashing at Dan’s place ! Of course, we’ll all end up in the hole with the lotion rubbing it on our skin or we’ll get the hose again...

paulyc":q1n2mque said:
Mailman1971":q1n2mque said:
What model is he doing?
Great ! We’re all crashing at Dan’s place ! Of course, we’ll all end up in the hole with the lotion rubbing it on our skin or we’ll get the hose again...
Ha!! :LOL: :LOL:

Mailman1971":2wu7rvf3 said:
I’m good buddies with his ex partner Jeff Hilligan.
He's a member here, isn't he? If you have the chance, please let him know we're interested in this.

I'll send Egnator an email tomorrow morning and see what I can find out about when/where/what/etc.

Was just texting Jeff today.
I am pretty sure he’s cut his ties with the Amp biz.
Dude is going thru mail man USPS training now this week.
(Yes Jeffy....,yes!! Join us on the dark side!!)

Last time he came out. I got one of the later Egnater.
Think it was the Avenger.
Sounded great. It was a fun mini Amp fest.

He teaches the class in Berkeley Mi. I believe you can do a 6v6 high gainer or a 5 water. I was part of the first couple classes way back in 2006-7. He's been doing it constantly every year with his classes limited to I believe 4 builders at a time. Great time, great teaching and a killer amp when your done. It's money well spent.

Back