Axe FX. Do not want.

well what can I tell ya man..... I'd like one if money was a no issue for me... but I'm not known for being a tweaker...I just don't have the patience for that.... I can sit around and TWEAK things, fine....but I don't have the patience to sit and tweak it until I have THE BEST results I can from a tweakable setup if you know what I mean......

it's the reason why I'm still using a cheap BOSS ME-50 multi fx instead of getting a G-major or intellifex or some multi fx unit like that......

but the Axe does seem to be the real deal though.

I find it intresting ,it does have a lot of different tones .

but am I missing something??

A lot of reviews have people running it through the Power section of A Bogner ,Marshall ,VHT and are claiming that it has the Feel ,punch sounds exactly like a tube amp ..

If you are running through a tube power section ,it is not surprising to me that you get the tube qualities.

Well no shit Shea, all you are is gunned marshall roar and some stank vibe and fuzz.... :LOL: :LOL: :D

Kidding aside I would very surprised if you wanted one.

I had an Ultra for 4 months, and sold it. :cry: Biggest dumbass move with gear I've made in a long time. Ultra re-acquisition is at the top of my GAS list.

Nutkick.gif

The tweaking can get old, but you can get good tones with basic tweaking no more complex than using an amp, once you get it working with your amp/cab set-up. I'd say unless you are a hard-core tweaker, you don't have to get into the more advanced settings at all to get great sounds (IMO). For each effect block you put into your signal chain, editing each block is as easy as using a stomp box or rack unit version, again you can stay to the basic settings and get good sounds from it, or optionally you can dive deep into the advanced features.

The problem I had, though, was that even when I had a tone that sounded great to me, there was always a thought that I could make it better. That's what kept me tweaking, all the time; knowing that no matter how good something sounded it could be made better! I suppose with enough use and familiarity, you could dial in exactly what you wanted with minimal effort, there are a number of people that seem to be able to do this easily, like Ed D. For me, it was more effort but that's part of the learning curve IMO.

no desire here either,I even have quite a bit of modeling gear...

there is something so cool about taking the stage with a real amp with a real mic'd cabinet

I bet the axe sounds awesome and would be great for jamming at home though...

I saw Mastaodon last night with vintage Marshalls, a fender a sun and pedal boards...

sounded great and looked great too! THe axe fx would have totally killed that vibe on stage...

I'd never end up actually playing or practicing. I'd constantly be tweaking.... I'm bad enough with actual amps and effects.

Even if I had one I don't think it'd be replacing my bogner rig for live use. But for home/recording I'm sure it would smoke my podxt and I actually have that sounding pretty good through my monitors as is. The feel on those is weak though, imo. I do think there is something to be said for playing through a tube head live. I live in an apartment though, and loud volumes just aren't fair to the neighbors. An axefx would be great for that, but I don't wanna sell guitars to get one.

yup...no desire here. Thought about it for a little while, but I'm not much of a tweaker. I like a more straight forward setup.

I have no GAS for it but! If i quit playing music live i would probably sell my amps and get an Axe-fx

If I was a session artist, sounds like this would be the ticket, but I'm not, so it isn't. :D

Less than ZERO interest here as well but.....When they lose the appeal and resale prices drop like a crack ho's panty's for a nickle bag like all digital gear does...I'll pick one up for the $4-$500.00 they'll be goin for and mess with it for an hour or two

Back