Pulled the trigger on a 'Slax

atrox

I recently rejoined my metal band, which tunes to straight C. I freaking adore, love and gush over my BE-100, but it sounds amazing when tuned to E or even D, but starts to loose it's focus with anything below that.

I figure the Slax will give me the versatility i need for all my projects. Crushing low tuned stuff and my usual Straight E wanker tones for all my projects. I'm never one to use a pristine clean, so i never used that channel on the BE. I used an Underdrive pedal on the BE channel instead. I never really used any of it's voicing switches either, so i won't miss any of those.

I'll have to off my BE-100, but i think it's the right decision.

So stoked.

Welcome to the club!!! Slax is the shit, hand down. Super juicy, thick, raunchy, amazing tones from this beast!
Get the 412/15 if you want the full experience :rock:

LunatiBSW":115540ye said:
Welcome to the club!!! Slax is the shit, hand down. Super juicy, thick, raunchy, amazing tones from this beast!
Get the 412/15 if you want the full experience :rock:

Ha. I already have the 412 and 212, both loaded with H75's. The 412/15 would break my back and my bank

It's a tremendous amp.

Glorious :D

Congratz and I doubt you'll be at all disappointed considering what it is you play. As well, sure, the 12/15 cab is a novel idea, but I've got a number of Slax gigging cats that say anything from a Marshall 1960 style cab through to the UberKab and the Friedmans in between will all work great. I've used mine with the JJ cab (V30/Green), the UberKab (V30/T75), the Anni OS 412 (RL V30), and a Deliverance P50E.

Works great with all of them. If I had to pick for punch - the UberKab. If I had to pick for tone? The V30/Green JJ loaded cab. Which does lead me to wonder what the 12/15 sounds like, but ya, that's just too mondo for me to consider as a necessary or even "flight of fancy" purchase. I can't imagine the resale on these to be good considering shipping costs - so I'd definitely wanna try before I bought.

But regardless - let us know when the proverbial eagle has landed and enjoy the shit out of it when she does arrive :D :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup: :rock:

Grats man! If you are playing metal then you made the right choice, hands down. Life for me changed once I got my Butterslax!

DeathbyButterslax":2neij637 said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you're gonna love it, i use it in drop B, and F# on my 7 and it stays clear as day
Care to share your cab preferences with us?? Would love to hear what you're running yours through :thumbsup:

Ventura":1w261ahz said:
It's a tremendous amp.

Glorious :D

Congratz and I doubt you'll be at all disappointed considering what it is you play. As well, sure, the 12/15 cab is a novel idea, but I've got a number of Slax gigging cats that say anything from a Marshall 1960 style cab through to the UberKab and the Friedmans in between will all work great. I've used mine with the JJ cab (V30/Green), the UberKab (V30/T75), the Anni OS 412 (RL V30), and a Deliverance P50E.

Works great with all of them. If I had to pick for punch - the UberKab. If I had to pick for tone? The V30/Green JJ loaded cab. Which does lead me to wonder what the 12/15 sounds like, but ya, that's just too mondo for me to consider as a necessary or even "flight of fancy" purchase. I can't imagine the resale on these to be good considering shipping costs - so I'd definitely wanna try before I bought.

Mo, I’ve seen you post something about cabs after every time I mention the 412/15 in a slax thread.
I see lots of things being thrown around from your end. Cabs and speakers, just like amps, are personal. As you know. Think of how excited you were when your tried the slax first time. Eye opener? Correct. I’m sure you had “opinions” about it before. Reading others reviews, hearing things from peers. But then you actually try it, and experience the slax for yourself. Then you get it.
The cab will be the same thing. GAME CHANGER. For me at least. This is all my opinion of course.
Not down playing other cabs, I Had an uberkab with an Uberschall for a year with the slax stack also, along with tons of other heads and cabs I was going through.
I think certain cabinets just ACCENTUATE the sonic nature of certain amps.
I tried all your speaker combos with the slax in nice cabs like Bogner and Diezel. Honestly, and this is my opinion. Always, always, always came back to the cab that was designed for the head. Just sayin. Not trying to defend anything. All I know is it was a REVOLUTIONARY experience with the slax and matching 412/15.
Resale sucks on most cabs, also. Shipping it vs other cabs isn’t really that much of a difference, but I never ship cabs. But those shouldn’t be determining factors for tone nirvana.

To the OP:
I bet those cream h’s will sound good through the slax, and in a Friedman cab, Sound even better.
So you’ll have a nice pair up surely. I had a 4x12 of the cream h’s when they first came out. Great speaker.
The 412/15 brings the punishment, but it is rediculous to move for most.

errrrrl":25zpy6ot said:
Grats man! If you are playing metal then you made the right choice, hands down. Life for me changed once I got my Butterslax!

Great to hear. I always play metal, but my old main project was instrumental prog and it was in E. The BE shines there. Contrarian is just a recording project, but mostly in E (I used used a guitar tuned for straight B for a couple songs on our last album though). The two projects i'm involved in now are straight C and the other is drop A#. The Slax will handle it well im sure.

I know the Friedman cabs loaded with H75's will make it thump.

Some dude/shop in Ft. Wayne just blew out two of these for like $2699 each. I missed the first and opted for a JJ over the second one I saw. Cool score!

GOHOINC":3s8ehjw0 said:
Some dude/shop in Ft. Wayne just blew out two of these for like $2699 each. I missed the first and opted for a JJ over the second one I saw. Cool score!

I got one of those. It's actually Sweetwater demo unit store. The Jeff in that shops name is referring to a Sweetwater rep. It shipped out of sweetwater and the sale is noted on my Sweetwater account.

I was surprised and happy about this. I do most of my purchasing through them anyway.

I'll have it tomorrow. They specified Saturday delivery!!!

LunatiBSW":1m5anzdo said:
Mo, I’ve seen you post something about cabs after every time I mention the 412/15 in a slax thread.......Always, always, always came back to the cab that was designed for the head. Just sayin. Not trying to defend anything. All I know is it was a REVOLUTIONARY experience with the slax and matching 412/15...

Oh I wasn't denying this. I want the 12/15 for sure - it's just a tentative purchase decision on my end personally, nothing more. I honestly would LOVE to hear this amp through that behemoth of a cab, hands down 100% would love to!!

As for my "mentioning cabs" it's because I know there's this one RT member out there with the 12/15 cab, can never remember his/her handle, and always want to get bounce-off from people using different cabs than the one that this particular RT member has, uses and has made clips of.
It's pretty obvious why I'm always seeking intel...it's because I know the 12/15 is somehow calling :LOL: :LOL:

And that "other RT member with the 12/15 cab" whose handle I can never remember, well, that's you LunatiBSW, so henceforth I'll remember :thumbsup:

Butterslax is just ridiculous...what an amp!!
Have a great day Men!!
Mojo :thumbsup: :rock:

Oh, I'd love the 412/15 cab. I play out too much and am 44 years old and already hate moving my 412. I just can't do it.

PLUS, i've been doing this long enough to know that when playing out, that extra low end ooomph means absolutely nothing

Ventura":h956yc5m said:
LunatiBSW":h956yc5m said:
Mo, I’ve seen you post something about cabs after every time I mention the 412/15 in a slax thread.......Always, always, always came back to the cab that was designed for the head. Just sayin. Not trying to defend anything. All I know is it was a REVOLUTIONARY experience with the slax and matching 412/15...

Oh I wasn't denying this. I want the 12/15 for sure - it's just a tentative purchase decision on my end personally, nothing more. I honestly would LOVE to hear this amp through that behemoth of a cab, hands down 100% would love to!!

As for my "mentioning cabs" it's because I know there's this one RT member out there with the 12/15 cab, can never remember his/her handle, and always want to get bounce-off from people using different cabs than the one that this particular RT member has, uses and has made clips of.
It's pretty obvious why I'm always seeking intel...it's because I know the 12/15 is somehow calling :LOL: :LOL:

And that "other RT member with the 12/15 cab" whose handle I can never remember, well, that's you LunatiBSW, so henceforth I'll remember :thumbsup:

Butterslax is just ridiculous...what an amp!!
Have a great day Men!!
Mojo :thumbsup: :rock:

If your on a tipping scale, I’ll be that voice on your shoulder,
saying “you need it, real Bad!”
Hahah but I get it. I went off a complete whim, just wanted something unique, and it delivered, HARD!
Slax sounds great through most cabs

atrox":1s489l7h said:
Oh, I'd love the 412/15 cab. I play out too much and am 44 years old and already hate moving my 412. I just can't do it.

PLUS, i've been doing this long enough to know that when playing out, that extra low end ooomph means absolutely nothing

You’ll have a great sounding rig. Don’t sweat it.
I’m 31, work out a lot, and don’t play out right now cause I have 2 young kiddos, and have to make more money than playing out. Hahaha. So I have it because it makes my balls bigger.
Hahaha I mean makes my sound bigger.

LunatiBSW":2j4tw2pp said:
atrox":2j4tw2pp said:

You’ll have a great sounding rig. Don’t sweat it.
I’m 31, work out a lot, and don’t play out right now cause I have 2 young kiddos, and have to make more money than playing out. Hahaha. So I have it because it makes my balls bigger.
Hahaha I mean makes my sound bigger.

:LOL: :LOL:

LunatiBSW":18eck8kb said:
If your on a tipping scale, I’ll be that voice on your shoulder,
saying “you need it, real Bad!”
Hahah but I get it. I went off a complete whim, just wanted something unique, and it delivered, HARD!
Slax sounds great through most cabs
Bastid!! :LOL: :LOL:

Ya, I see one of these happening and it's not even the 15" thing that's getting me - it's the fact "hey!! a cab that's NOT loaded with V30s!!" thing that's really intriguing. And furthermore, I've heard some HEAVENLY pairings with certain amps and the G12H30 70th Anniversary speakers. So this is more where my fence-sitting tentative nature lies...

I'm 47 and a fit sumbitch. Weight doesn't bug me. Real estate and space utilization do. But for cracking tone? I've always got space...always!!

Atrox - hope you love it as much as the rest of us here do. I will say I spent the day with the JJ yesterday and man, I'd be hard pressed to have to make a choice between the two. So I won't. And will likely just get the Dirty Shirley, a couple cabs, and drift off into sonic investment oblivion playing into the sunset of fading sanity.....

:LOL: :LOL: :hys:

Fuck I love gear.

Ventura":2z7osdva said:
DeathbyButterslax":2z7osdva said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you're gonna love it, i use it in drop B, and F# on my 7 and it stays clear as day
Care to share your cab preferences with us?? Would love to hear what you're running yours through :thumbsup:

Butterslax 415/12!! I love it, sounds super tight and huge. its by far the best cab i've ever played

Hiey all. I got it today. Does the channel one typically need to be set higher in volume then the rest of the channels? It sounds fine, but i really need to crank it

Back