Bugera Amplifiers

Love this thread! :D
All I can say is if a Bugera amp was available back when I started playing think maybe 1983 or so....I would of bought it HANDS DOWN!!
I had a Peavey Backstage Plus that sounded like ULTIMATE ASS...... :thumbsdown:
Had to run a DOD American metal pedal in front of it.....then it sounded "good"... :LOL: :LOL:
So yah...if new musicians are rocking this gear to get started....kudos to them! :thumbsup:

Viesczy":3v6giwcd said:
yeti":3v6giwcd said:
Viesczy":3v6giwcd said:
yeti":3v6giwcd said:
you can buy a 5150 for 500 or less all day. you gotta look for them, but they'r there.

i understand that the bugeras have underrated/weak ass components in them, including but not limited to output and power trannies.

Wait, you can guy the 5150 used all day long, but you gotta look for them? That's pairwise mutually exclusive... it is one or the other as all day long means plentiful and but you got to look for them means to actively search and aren't just buying them all day long. ;)

As the owner of a XXX and 333XL, let me give my first hand experience with the Bugera line.

Both give amazing tones, the Bugera easily matches the sound qualities of the XXX. It should, is a knock off of the Peavey XXX/JSX line. If pressed I'd say that the clean channel is superior to the XXX. As for the gain channels, both amps give crazily awesome gain tones.

The build quality is far higher on the Peavey, which should be expected as the Peavey isn't a Chicom built in near slave labor conditions special like the 333XL. There is a flimsy feel to the controls of the 333XL that isn't there in the XXX, but that is one of the reasons the Bugera costs half the new price of the Peavey.

I've had my 333XL for all but 3 years without a complaint. It got approx 15 - 30 hours a month on it (is just an amp at my GF's) until Dec '12 when I picked up a 5153 50 watt (also kept @ my GF's). Now it gets approx 5 hours a month on it. I spread time over my 5153, my El Diablo 60/30 combo and the 333xl at my GF's.

If I was torn between buying used out of warranty item for the same price as new with a warranty and it was all the $ I have for my only amp/item, I'd go new. Why? Because if it was all the money I had I'd not have the loot to put down on a repair of the used/beat piece.

If it was for $hit$ and giggles, I'd not sweat buying used as it was for what I said, but as my only or go to piece it is always new for me.

Now before everyone gets all defensive about the used gear comment (along with already looking down their noses), think of gear like broads.

Broad X has is 40 years old, has 4 kids with 4 different guys-2 of which (both children and fathers) have criminal records and you guys get along as you love each other's bodies. Broad Y is 20 years, no criminal past, no HARD use on her and you guys get along as you love each other's bodies.

You goan pick X or Y? Exactly, that's why you don't buy used gear if it is going to be your goto/only piece!

Derek

it's not gonna fall in your lap.

you might have to haggle to get it between 4-500

you're going to have to watch craigslist

hence the "there for the taking, but you'll need to do some worthwhile work". make sense?

So the "all day" is the work required to get that price and not actually finding them all day at the price w/o the work as they're not going to "fall in your lap" at that price?

Still pairwise mutually exclusive. ;)

Used or new? Broad X or Broad Y? That's the choice, we all make our own minds up.

Derek
fuckem both for gods sake wtf??

Dear Laurens,

Thanks for your question.

We are currently working on several exciting new amp lines as well as guitar cabs.

With the acquisition of the famous British TURBOSOUND loudspeaker brand, we now have access to some of the industry’s best acoustic and loudspeaker engineers.

We recently reached out to them to help us design new TURBOSOUND guitar speakers that will soon be integrated into our BUGERA combo amps and cabs. This will be another huge step in further improving our products.

Our engineers are now also working on integrating our proprietary Infinium technology into all remaining amps as this technology poses great advantages to extend power tube life as well as eliminating the risk for an amp to shut down during a concert in case a power tube goes bad.

One of the most exciting projects we have been working on over the last three years, is our LifeTube. This is a new 12AX7 that is fully compatible with a traditional glass-type 12AX7 and comes in multiple versions that replicate the exact tone of an original Mullard, RCA, etc. The LifeTube has zero microphonics and comes with a lifetime warranty. What’s cool is that you can mix and match them to achieve new tones.

Hope this helps

Best regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BUGERA

I like the Bugera V22. Cool amp actually. I recommend it from time to time as well. I have not read of too many failures on this amp either. I know the first round had some issues that were subsequently resolved with some heat sink. Mainly on the V55 I think.

Bugera failures are not seen on Rig-Talk that much. I doubt many here even own one. R-T comprises mostly of your higher end and boutique amps. I've seen a lot of Bugera Fail threads on other sites. More so than other Chinese made amps. For example the Valveking (owned one), Vypyr (own currently) and 6505+112 are all made in China and are at similar price points. Same with the MIC Egnaters for the most part. I don't see threads on these amps by people looking for help due to failures like I due Bugera.

Here is a sample of what I'm talking about (user names removed).

Edit: These are Thread Starters and their Original Posts, not just random comments. I have many many more random comments about the real life quality issues.

June 2013
User #14":12spks2y said:
Hey guys. I've recently sold my Bugera 333XL head ...after selling it to someone (who tried it before they bought it), they are now saying there's a strong burning smell coming from the amp. He says, the smell comes from around the clean channels circuitry. He's only tried it once as far as I know at a band practice and that's when he noticed it.

May 2013
User #13":12spks2y said:
Hi I just bought a used bugera 333xl and a day later my led lights went off , noise gate and the boost stopped working and my gain seems to be lacking . Any idea what those problems are and how I could fix it ? Thanks for the advice in advance

March 2013
User #12":12spks2y said:
So I just got my 6262 Infinium

Don't buy it they said... :haha:
Anyways, it works but even at bedroom volumes it gets ridiculous feedback, and at small venue volumes it's totally unusable. I have the volume on 2 and the gain on 5 on the lead channel and it squeals like a stuck pig. Is one of the 12AX7s trollin me or do I have a more serious problem? I don't have any spare tubes at the moment so I gotta ask the forum people :

So I just got a JJ Tesla 12AX7, put it in V1 no change, so I put the tube from V1 in V2 and turned it on, the light went on then off, I was like "oh shite", nevertheless, I switched it from standby to on and neither did that light come on, but the plates on the 6L6s started glowing red.
Thanks a lot behringer.

February 2013
User #11":12spks2y said:
Thread title = Bugera 6262 Infinium. They smell or something smells and now any channel wont come through turns on but nothin lights up :|

...anyone have any idea how exactly to take off the back of one of these so i dont get shockd the hell out of? and also, how to solder the wire back to the board :\? if this doesn't work then im gonna go ahead and buy a peavy 6505...

User #10":12spks2y said:
Just got the bugera 6262 infinium with the HB g212 vintage cabinet.
The problem is that I get a really annoying hum when my FX loop is connected. Me and my friend sorted out that it was probably a transformer interfering with the cables since moving the cables as far as possible from the left side of the amp (looking at the front side) kinda fixed it, but in a gig situation I wouldnt want to put some weird constructions up to distance the cables as much as possible from the amp. The cables are quality and I tried different ones too so swapping them out wouldnt fix it. ...Is it a common problem or do I just have a faulty amp?

Putting the cables on one side makes the hum so unnoticable at high volumes that it doesnt matter, but I have a new problem.

Im getting sick high pitched squeal on relatively low volumes and gain. I even sent the amp back to thomann, but they said it was ok. suddenly their stock went empty (or maybe i did get their last 6262) and instead of getting a new amp, I got a refund. ...I didnt have that much of a problem on an engl fireball e625 even gain at 5+ and volume at 6 or so. Im quite sure that my cables are quality.

November 2013
User #9":12spks2y said:
Okay so my amp shut off mid show, got home, replaced the fuse, turned it on, and sparks started flying so I immediately shut it off. So then I replaced the tube that was sparking, and now my amp powers on, but the standby switch doesn't light up, and when I flip the standby switch, it doesn't play or make any noise at all. My amp has indicator lights on the back that tells me when a tube is bad and none of them are lit. Anyone know what my problem is?

...It's a bugera 6262 infinium. Had it about 2 months. Another classic crappy bugera case. The tubes are lighting up. And it was a stock 6L6GC tube that went bad. I shouldn't say blew because it didn't break the glass, but it lit up.

October 2013
User #8":12spks2y said:
hey guys, so ive had my bugera 6262 retubed for a little while now and its starting to make this staticy sloshing sort of noise, ive given up on this piece of s**t and was wondering what a good marshall would cost me. preferabl 2 channels. tube and loud enough to gig with

fav tones,
sad but true. dr feelgood, nightrain live off of made in stoke is amazing (preformance and tone) alice in chains facelift album and black gives way to blue. and i play the same genere but i also use cleans alot

tnaks guys

User #7":12spks2y said:
So I recently got a nice new Bugera 333XL Infinium. The amp sounds amazing, looks great and has the perfect tone for me. Here's the catch... With just the power switch on letting the valves warm up, everything is normal. As soon as I flick the standby switch on though, the LED's in the back on the infinium part flash on and off rapidly. It's not in sync with each other and it's only for a few seconds. The order is random and they flash quick. They only flash on and off 1 or 2 times each. So I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this? Is this something I should be concerned about? Is there something wrong with my amp? Just to be on the safe side I switched all 4 power valves out for TAD JJ EL34's but the lights still flash in the same manner. Does anyone know why this is? Any help or experience from other Infinium users would be greatly appreciated.

...See, I was thinking that maybe the LED's flash to show that it's adjusting each tube as the infinium technology claims it does constantly. I thought maybe it's something it does when first fully powering on. The issue with returning it to a shop is that I bought it online (thomann) so will be more of an issue. I've emailed them telling them the problem (not mentioning that i tried swapping tubes) and am waiting to hear back from them. I'm hoping it's nothing serious because I love how good the amp sounds.

...So a bit of an update... I wanted to check the problem again, as I get curious and I wanted to see if it had gotten better/worse after leaving it alone for a few hours. I flicked the power switch on and the valves didn't light up. They won't recieve power or heat/light up. So I sent ANOTHER email to Thomann saying I want a new amp or my money back. If I get another amp the same, then I shall post if this one does the same thing with the LED's or not. I'm pretty sure that won't be for a week or two at least though.

...I emailed Bugera/Behringer the day that I posted this thread. I still haven't heard anything back. It wasn't my power tubes either, since I had a set of brand new TAD JJ EL34's and it was doing the exact same thing to those. Anyway, the amps gone back to the company today and I should hopefully have a new one in about a week or maybe a little more. I'll post another update once I recieve the new one.

July 2012
User #6":12spks2y said:
i sent my bugera off to be fixed under warranty. i had to pay the shipping to do so. i feel raped about that. when i get it back im gonna trade it in i think. bugera's customer service sucks by the way. die bugera, die. don't buy bugera. you get what you pay for...lesson learned. i had it for 6 months. mine did the same thing as tmjns796's did. i guess at least they're consistently shitty. has anyone had any other amp brands fixed under warranty and if so did you have to pay the shipping?

...i talked to the amp tech. where i bought my 333xl infinium. when it gets back from service, he's gonna make sure all the soldered connections in the power section...etc. are good. he went through his and basically did what bugera should've done to begin with and he's been playin' the hell outta his for goin on four years now. he said they pan solder the boards at bugera, which doesn't always produce a good connection and leads to problems like i had. i had to go the cheap route buying a bugera..cuz i didn't have a bunch of $ and needed a large amp quick to get into my band. buying a halfstack was the last thing on my mind until these guys called me to play and i needed one. so if anyone does buy a bugera, immediately take it to someone who knows what they're doing and have all the soldered connections on the board checked to be sure they're good. had to play friday's gig through a line 6...nowhere near the sound of that bugera. if i was a little richer i definitely would've bought a mesa triple rec. to begin with. if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running. i wouldn't buy one again though. I'm kinda stuck with it cuz nobody's gonna give me any trade in $ on the pinto of amplifiers. DON'T BUY ONE!!!

June 2012
User #5":12spks2y said:
Hi. I bought a Bugera 333XL-212 about 2 weeks ago and use it mostly for recording with impulse responses from fx-loop. Last night a loud crack and a humming noise came from the speakers and afterwards i noticed a burning smell (plastic i think). All the lights were up, power tubes were glowing and i noticed nothing else but smell and noise from the speakers.I turned it off waited for a few minutes then turn it on again.
Now everything works perfectly normal. And i wonder what might cause this to happen?
Is this something i şhould worry about? There are no amp-techs in the city i am living unfortunately. So i have to check it myself.
Help please...

User #4":12spks2y said:
my 6260 212 bugera just arrived from Thomann.de

Made sure the ohm setting was correct, made sure the speaker wire was in, plugged my power cable in the back, plugged it into the wall. switched it on at the wall, switched the power rocker switch down to 'power' standby still off...... and i get HISS CRACK POP. so i turn it off, check everything again and try again. HISSS CRACK POP CLACK . blue light gone out. now it wont show any blue lights or make a noise! i phoned Thomann customer services and they said "it is a problem" :-D
so they have emailed me a return label to send the amp back.

Now, this is all my fault because I always think that 'it will never happen to me' and all the tales of bugera being crap and falling apart are from people who gig all over the place and smash there gear up, or don't look after the tubes e.t.c
I definitely didnt expect the amp to break this quickly! i was expecting to have to change the bugera tubes out in a few months maybe but this is ridiculous.
It is not the 'infinium' range of amps, just the bog standard 6260 peavey rip off.

I am having massive doubts about having he same amp as a replacement. All i will get is a store note probably, so i will have to buy another amp, and there is nothing as good sounding as the 6260 in the price range.
what do you suggest?

April 2012
User #3":12spks2y said:
I bought a 6262 Infinium a few weeks ago and when I turned it on all of the power tubes red plated and the the main fuse blew out. Waiting for a replacement. Has anyone experienced this before? I would like to get a 333xl too.

User #2":12spks2y said:
YES, I do know all of this mate. I know the Behringer blokes @ HQ. What I meant was, they didnt have a dedicated line or people trained to assemble these. Yes, the R&D was seriously lacking, this was admitted to me.
They are building a new facility which is supposedly 5X the size of the current complex. Behringer City is the only ISO certified factory in China. But yes the idea was brilliant, but the execution, seriously flawed. R&D is a big necessity! Hopefully this has taught them not to rush product to market. I guess this is why its taken so long for this new bunch of amps to come out! Cheers!

September 2011
User #1":12spks2y said:
I'm sure I'll take crap from the Bugera fans for this, but I can't recommend Bugera. Those amps are built like shit. Awful components. They're dirt cheap for a reason. They could sound like the best amps on the planet and I'd never buy one. I work at a Bugera dealer.. we've sold 6-7 Bugera amps and ALL of them have been returned for repairs. Every single one.

Edit: Again, I felt it was important to back up some of what I'm talking with actual user experiences - not just spouting off bullshit.

Joe Sanborn":6vg2jx7l said:
Dear Laurens,

Thanks for your question.

One of the most exciting projects we have been working on over the last three years, is our LifeTube. This is a new 12AX7 that is fully compatible with a traditional glass-type 12AX7 and comes in multiple versions that replicate the exact tone of an original Mullard, RCA, etc. The LifeTube has zero microphonics and comes with a lifetime warranty. What’s cool is that you can mix and match them to achieve new tones.

Hope this helps

Best regards,
Joe Sanborn
MUSIC Group
BUGERA

Joe,

I think what you meant to say that your Tube Life is a solid state replacement for a 12AX7 vacuum tube and not a 12AX7, a 12AX7 is a glass vacuum tube. Sounds like the jet City Retro Valves that are also made in China. Of course Jet City didn't create these. A guy many years ago did and finally got someone to license and mass produce them

Like these

http://kura2.photozou.jp/pub/680/270680 ... 88_624.jpg

The problem I have with these is this. Why have a tube amp, with the heavy transformers and high voltage power supplies designed for vacuum tubes, but then replace them with solid state circuitry. Nothing wrong with solid state, but if you want solid state get a line 6, Axe FX, etc. Much lighter and more versatile and sounds better.

You can't replicate vaccum tubes or anything for that matter. You cannot simulate and or replicate reality, no one has done it with anything. How long have they been screwing around with artificial sweeteners. Still doesn't taste like sugar. The Human sensory system is more advanced than any machine we use.

I have no problem with someone selling an artificial solid state tube replacement, but call it what it is. You can't call Splenda, or nutria-sweet sugar

BTW, these solid state tube replacements have been around since the 60's. And never have caught on. There was a big hub bub over these at NAMM 5 years ago.

I think the deal is, why pay big bucks for a tube amp then put solid state devices in, when I can pay the same for a killer modeler system with effects and the kitchen sink.

This pretty much sums it up:)

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/3184400-post15.html

Joe Sanborn":1h2xatb4 said:
Dear Blackba,

Let me first start by saying that it is our company’s policy to post with our full identity as we believe in an open and honest approach, rather than hide behind anonymity. We also like to thank the people here who have welcomed us to participate.

We are here to respond with facts and stay away from topics where we cannot respond meaningfully. We certainly accept everyone’s opinion and all we’re asking is to engage each other respectfully and politely.

We certainly understand that there are always “haters.” We have encountered several posts about allegedly “defective” amps and when we followed up, offered help, and asked for serial numbers, we didn’t get a response. We can only assume that these are people who have different motives or who are really competitors trying to discredit our brand.

There are other great brands and amps out there - isn’t it wonderful that we have choices?

Since you mentioned that “we are not here to look for suggestions how to improve our products,” why don’t you make a suggestion so we can start a great conversation?

Best regards,
Joe Sanborn
MUSIC Group
BUGERA

Joe,

The problem I have with Bugera is their blatent rip off of existing amp/amp companies. For example the 6162. Hmmm, I wonder what amp that is copied from? Peavey 5150
How about the 1990? Looks pretty close to a Marshall JMP/JCM series amp currently in production.
The 1960 looks a lot like a non-master volume Marshall. Your ad states "We did a lot of listening to obscure, long-departed Brit designs." What??? Marshall stopped making the 1987x and 1959x??

I do not know about the rest of your offerings but I would imagine they all copy something else in production.

When Marshall started building amps they started with a Fender Bassman and ended up with a new design, Bulgera is copying existing amps to the point that you could slap a Marshall logo on those amps and fool a lot of people.

There are many new amp companies in the market today and they create variants of the time tested core designs, not direct rip offs.
For whatever reason Bugera decided to rip off and copy instead of build a new variant. Did all of the new designs you talk about in this post come from another amp company??? Because of your direct ripoff of current production amps Bulgera cannot be trusted and for that reason alone I will not buy your products or encourage anyone else to.

guitarmike":1nh2tpu6 said:
The 1960 looks a lot like a non-master volume Marshall. Your ad states "We did a lot of listening to obscure, long-departed Brit designs." What??? Marshall stopped making the 1987x and 1959x??
The 1987x and 1959x are not vintage correct. Maybe Joe is indicating they listened to vintage Super Leads? :confused:

I do not know about the rest of your offerings but I would imagine they all copy something else in production.
Assumptions are at the root of all errors.

When Marshall started building amps they started with a Fender Bassman and ended up with a new design, Bulgera is copying existing amps to the point that you could slap a Marshall logo on those amps and fool a lot of people.
A lot of people are fools; Bugera can't solve this problem, and it is not their intention to try to trick anyone into buying their amps. Their amps are all clearly labeled with the "Bugera" brand name.

There are many new amp companies in the market today and they create variants of the time tested core designs, not direct rip offs. For whatever reason Bugera decided to rip off and copy instead of build a new variant.
Bugera is doing this to cater to that segment of the market that (a) can't afford to buy the amp Bugera is copying, or (b) choose not to spend excessive amounts of money on a guitar amp. It's no different than what other companies are doing across all industries. As such, there's absolutely nothing wrong with, or unique about, what Bugera is doing.

Did all of the new designs you talk about in this post come from another amp company???
If they did, and the designs/technology were not patented, it's fair game.

FYI, there are other very well liked amp builders that frequent this site that have or plan to take proprietary designs offered by other companies, make minor tweaks, and offer them as their own. Again, if they're not infringing on a patent, this is fair game. Just because these builders sell their amps for $3k and work with celebrity guitarists does not make what they're doing any more acceptable and/or inappropriate.

Because of your direct ripoff of current production amps Bugera cannot be trusted
Why does Bugera's business model to offer inexpensive versions of popular guitar amplifiers offered by other manufacturers have anything to do with a customer's ability to "trust" them? I don't see the connection between these two statements? :confused:

Mike, I'm not here to defend the quality of Bugera amps, because I have heard plenty of horror stories and have read plenty of bad experiences with these amps as well. I'm just responding to some of the many questions and comments you have raised.

R45VT":1gfqx7dr said:
Where is the Magician? Isn't that one based of the Mark V?

They are all copies loosely associated with an original amp with a solid market presence.

If you are going to steal a design of an end product, steal the marketing too.

But say it real nicely...

rlord1974":2y0nnnk9 said:
guitarmike":2y0nnnk9 said:
The 1987x and 1959x are not vintage correct. Maybe Joe is indicating they listened to vintage Super Leads? :confused:

Assumption is at the root of all error.

A lot of people are fools; Bugera can't solve this problem, and it is not their intention to try to trick anyone into buying their amps. Their amps are all clearly labeled with the "Bugera" brand name.

There are many new amp companies in the market today and they create variants of the time tested core designs, not direct rip offs. For whatever reason Bugera decided to rip off and copy instead of build a new variant.
Bugera is doing this to cater to that segment of the market that (a) can't afford to buy the amp Bugera is copying, or (b) choose not to spend excessive amounts of money on a guitar amp. It's no different than what other companies are doing across all industries. As such, there's absolutely nothing wrong with, or unique about, what Bugera is doing.

Did all of the new designs you talk about in this post come from another amp company???
If they did, and the designs/technology were not patented, it's fair game.

FYI, there are other very well liked amp builders that frequent this site that have or plan to take proprietary designs offered by other companies, make minor tweaks, and offer them as their own. Again, if they're not infringing on a patent, this is fair game. Just because these builders sell their amps for $3k and work with celebrity guitarists does not make what they're doing any more acceptable and/or inappropriate.

Mike, I'm not here to defend the quality of Bugera amps, because I have heard plenty of horror stories and have read plenty of bad experiences with these amps as well. I'm just responding to some of the many questions and comments you have raised.

Because of your direct ripoff of current production amps Bugera cannot be trusted
Why does Bugera's business model to offer inexpensive versions of popular guitar amplifiers offered by other manufacturers have anything to do with a customer's ability to "trust" them? I don't see the connection between these two statements? :confused:

If you think it is OK to do what Bugera did with the 6162, 1990, and 1960 then so be it. I have seen and played those amps and they are copies of the originals. I do not know how well they are or are not built, I can tell you that they were intentionally copied from current production amps. Bugera copies enough so we see the similarity but not enough to get sued. I do not think that is a good way to do business so I will not buy from them.

If you think that is ok, then it is ok for you. I think Bugera is a rip off (especially of the 3 amps above) and stay away from them. In 2013 there are plenty of ways to get a decent tube amp cheap without resorting to buying a Bugera.

Regarding trust; when someone does dishonest things, even if its just kinda sorta dishonest, I call them dishonest and I do not trust dishonest people.

Bugera threads are such a waste of broadband.

The marketing hype in this thread is ridiculas.

PR should be based on attraction rather than promotion.

The only common theme with beringer products that ive witnessed is their high failure rate.

I actually joined this site because of the BS being spouted by Bugera employees.

Bugera's Infinium technology is not an original design. Orange has had an almost Identical technology and it has been around longer.

I am one of the few people posting that actually owns a 333 that is posting here. The component values are no where near what they are soposed to be, and I have checked some values and they are over 30% off of what they should be. But you claim that the parts/components are top notch BS.

I have a local music store that was a Bugera dealer, and of the 10-12 heads they ordered almost all failed in the store while being demoed. I have been playing music professionally since 2000 and I have never heard of an amp company having that many out of the box failures. Needless to say they droped Bugera like a hot potato.

I have personally seen more than a few Bugera amps die onstage, and for such a young company that is astounding. And logical thinking points to cheap parts and lousy QC as the biggest culprit.

Reguardless of what your team post here or anywhere for that matter Bugera's image is tarnished at best and most will not change their opinions. Most of who buy bugeras are beginners who do not research on the web about your products.

I can not even sell my 333 because no one in my area wants to take a chance of it dying on them even for $150 (the tubes in it alone are worth $120)

guitarmike":1gxi2cur said:
Regarding trust; when someone does dishonest things, even if its just kinda sorta dishonest, I call them dishonest and I do not trust dishonest people.

You have a problem with this bugera company regarding their business practices, but you have a history of eulogizing cameron llc? Are you actually serious here? Come on man. Cut the shit. You think bugera is a "rip off"? Go have this discussion with max or clark (CCV Customers). Maybe they can clarify the definition of trust and dishonesty for you.

guitarmike":1gxi2cur said:
The problem I have with Bugera is their blatent rip off of existing amp/amp companies.

AT LEAST THEY DELIVER THEIR PRODUCT TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. Good or bad, they deliver. But you dont have an issue with an amp company accepting deposits and taking over 2 years and still havent gotten around to getting amps out the door. Yet you'll praise them. Your disposition on ethics is grossly biased.

Dear Mr. Sanborn:

Let me start by saying I appreciate you defending your position here in this thread. I believe you've seen that we here on RT are not your average amplifier buyers. Therefore I think using technical speak here in this thread to sell yourself isn't going to go the way that you would want it. And the warranty thing, it's been pointed out but, man, do your research first (Soldano's is lifetime BTW)
I know times are difficult with this economy, and you have a job to do.

Just a bit of unsolicited advice, there. ;)

My points-

I think it's not so much the design ripoff that is the shame here. As has already been pointed out in this thread, many amp companies have done this (including aesthetically).

I think the shame lies in being new to the game and then low-balling on the pricing. I know it is all part of capitalism, and competition fuels this "global economy", but there's no better way to (at the very least temporarily) ruin an industry. I feel pricing effects on economic success/failure varies market to market, and this is one of those markets where it's easy to take advantage of the regular joe amp buyer. I don't need to hear "price point" and "target consumer". A lowballer's "target consumer" is one who is new to the game and/or doesn't do consumer research. Basically targeting noobs. Again, part of capitalism, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. :D
I simply don't know if this sort of thing will help the guitar/gear industry in the long run. For now, I'm not willing to chance it, so I won't support companies like Behringer/Bugera.

In other markets, the cream may rise to the top (and might even in this market), but I just hope some of my favorite amp builders don't go out of business or become absorbed along the way.

In all reality, one may not be able to describe or validate what a true rip-off is. But it's like porn- I might not be able to completely describe it, but I know it when I see it. :LOL: :LOL: And here I see a rip-off.

BTW I have no horse in this race. I'm a proud owner of a 1986 Laney AOR 50* and have no intention of buying another amp in the near future.

*I'm aware that it's a modded JCM 800 circuit; we could argue this point, but I believe you are well-enough versed in amp history to know that it's an entirely different comparison

I've only had 2 behringer/bugera products (not amps) and had trouble with both of them.... 1 in the first week
Thats all I need to know ;)
Blackba is right

Back