I played Angus Young's SG/Rig last night!

Superunknown

Many thanks to Mr. Rick St. Pierre for being such a class act and for such wonderful hospitality. It was truly a thrill of a lifetime... :rock:

Todd-AngusSG.jpg

fek":a0b8g9nt said:
Give some details. Tone, guitar action, etc...

The guitar played great but had a very narrow nut width of 1.55 and tight string spacing which took some time to adjust to....action was very low, 9-42 strings, tuned half step down.

As far as amps go....the Wizard's just sound incredible of course. Plug in and it's instant Angus/Malcom tone. Malcom's rig sounds really clean, while Angus has a bit more gain. Rick really knows his shit....I learned so much just by listening and hanging out with him.

I just watched an interview Eric Johnson did with HC where he says:

"I am trying to not use delays... You know... Become a real man"
:LOL: :LOL:

Wow. I don't think that I could play a nut that narrow. He must like slinky strings too because 9's at E flat would be too shaky for me. Interesting.

Very cool opportunity! :rock:

Years ago, I had the chance to be at an AC/DC sound check and was floored by how clean both rigs were set up. Most of the gain was coming from volume and pick attack. This was back when Angus was playing a 50w JMP and Malcom had the Super Bass.

Mailman1971":2upqa3wc said:
Man.......that would be a dream come true for me.
He is one of my all time greats! :yes:

AC/DC is my favorite band EVER!! :rock:
Mailman, Rick would be afraid that if he turned his back on you for a second that you would flip all of Angus' gear. :LOL: :LOL:

Back