Bogner 100A and Bogner 100b back to back

• Thread starter Deleted member 3520
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3520

I’ve had some people asking how I felt about the 100A vs 100B in the room...

100A - Red Boosted, Blue, then clean. At 3:30 I switch amps, where for a minute there is nothing fun happening. Skip to 4:20 for the same three channels on the 100B.

Here’s what I gather in the room; The 100A is a little smoother and flowing in the bass, where the B has a little more presence and forward midrange coupled with a little extra zing on top.

Listening to these clips I like them equally.

Killer dude! Those two are a dream right there. Sounds like a dream too, great playing.

I have the xtc classic and I was kind of surprised a how the A sounds. I think Reinhold probably favors the 6L6 for this amp. B ain't no slouch though for sure.

Thanks for posting! Do them Cameron's too if you get a chance

Thanks! The classic is killer as well, I really want to get one. I was surprised with the A, I personally felt that the el34 were just the perfect match and the 6l6 design would t quite hit the same mark...I was way wrong. The 6l6 one of these balances out and rounds out nicely, the EL34 version has a high mid complexity that is awesome for a mix. I think I like the A better to play, the B in a mix. That being said, I imagine you can get them almost identical if you really tried.

Very nice! I like the Blue Channel on the B a bit more, but both sound great. Congrats on the killer pair!
Thanks! I spent so long stalking these two.
The blue on the 100 A and B are the absolute best blue channels I’ve used. On the B it seems a little more open and versatile, the A has a darker depth to it, but feels better to play.

The blue on the 100 A and B are the absolute best blue channels I’ve used. On the B it seems a little more open and versatile, the A has a darker depth to it, but feels better to play.
That’s about what it sounds like from the clip. As I remember, the A has more of that violin thing going, and the B has a bit more raunch.

That’s about what it sounds like from the clip. As I remember, the A has more of that violin thing going, and the B has a bit more raunch.
That’s exactly how my ears decipher as well!
Sounds like you’ve got a chance to play the A/B pretty closely. I am undecided which I prefer. I think for me in the room alone or doing solo guitar things, I like the A. I would take the B to the gig though, that little bit of extra upper mid thing is perfect for a mix.

I’ve also only had the 100A for 3-4 days, where I’ve had the B for a while and have put a lot of time into getting it balanced between open complexity and smooth warmth!

That’s exactly how my ears decipher as well!
Sounds like you’ve got a chance to play the A/B pretty closely. I am undecided which I prefer. I think for me in the room alone or doing solo guitar things, I like the A. I would take the B to the gig though, that little bit of extra upper mid thing is perfect for a mix.
It’s been quite a few years, but yes, I’ve definitely played both, and would personally take a B, but they both do that thing really well.

I remember how bummed a buddy of mine was when the Bogner he wanted to buy came in, and it was a 101b instead of the 100b he thought the shop was getting.

I love the 101b, but it’s definitely a different feel/sound vs. the 100.

Back