Horrible Exchange with Fatbagg

Yep, and the ad on Reverb was about that old as well. I should have noticed and taken concern with this at the time, but didn't unfortunately. I don't know if he was specifically trying to scam me or it was just an honest mistake. What is not excusable IMO is ignoring my messages on Reverb or the emails I sent him asking for an update.

He ran ads weekly on Groomed Noodlers, TGP, and sometimes here. Once he said something was sold , and I asked why it was still on 'Reverb" and he said he forgot to take it down. He's said his Suhr guitar has been sold, but it still shows him playing it in the current videos,etc. Something's been off for awhile. NOt sure on the 'intent' motive either, but something's not right. Definitely does NOT appear to be drugs /alcohol to me like the other guy suggested, as when he posts his videos he's always coherent, and together and plays extremely well. . He writes ad copy really well, and he's said he wants to be a writer (to me) . Anyway, I just have a hard time believing he's a planned con-artist/thief. HOpefully you get the rest of your money, and I've definitely learned a lesson from this.

Eric

His passion turned to an obsession. I'm sure there's probably more than a few of us can relate. He had mentioned a bit ago his credit cards were maxxed.
Problem is though, he was using us or anyone else that would get caught up in it and for that he should be banned.

He should have heard Reinhold Bogner talk about amps a few years back could have saved him a bit, he said, all these special components and whatnot only really matters at low volumes because when you crank these things up they all sound the same.

Unfortunately no, not yet. Still $324 CAD short, which I know is like $30 USD, but still :ROFLMAO: Now that his account has been deleted/removed I'm not sure I ever will see that money again, who knows. What blows my mind is that we still have no idea what happened to the amp!?

I did want to thank everyone here for the overwhelming support. As a new member, I really wasn't sure if I would be met with hostility for calling this guy out or not. You've all had my back and helped me recoup most of the money I paid, so I really appreciate it!
That may be the best case scenario in recouping your money, you may have to eat the $324 CAD, at least you got the majority of your money back. He obviously was going to drag out your refund or not refund you at all because it was sent PP gift you probably would not have recourse unless you sent it via your C/C company. Either way I 'm glad you got your money back.

Most of the long term members here are quite strict on the honesty of the classifieds at Rig talk if anyone starts doing anything shady, unethical or remotely criminal they get called out pretty quickly IMHO.

After reading a lot of his posts I would venture to say he was probably maxing out his credit cards to attain all these grail amps then probably was collecting money from multiple buyers of the same amplifier to front up cash for other purchases within his 30 day credit cycle so he was floating this cash out for as long as he could. At best it was dishonest and was on the verge of criminal behavior.

I am sorry to hear about the challenges Fatbagg is facing in his life... as we all do...but it does not give him latitude to perpetrate fraud on anyone. I hope he get's his shit together and hopefully no one else was taken in this scheme. Fatbagg seems like a decent guy that got caught up in his personal issues and was using amp flipping as an outlet and got addicted to it, his quick tempered attacks on people were a window into how things can go off the rails with anything.

Don't harsh our Icarus's mellow brother krull.
Can't ya dig he needed to feel the air moving with those EL34's. He needed to hear those haunting mids and feel that tight bottom end. He needed those God damn zener clipping circuits.

I used to buy ‘ahead’. But not RELYING on amp sales. I would purchase. Ya went little in the deep end. But would then sell things I had. Lot of times I would sell 2-3 amps to get the ‘grail’
But I was always ahead of the 8 ball.
now I only got 2 amps. Big boy is the Archon. Practice amp line 6 spider jam. I’m done with the buying / selling game. Can get caught up so easily.

I had no idea 101b's were going for that much money... I paid 1800 bucks like new in the box back in 2008, nobody wanted them anymore.. I sold it on this forum 3 days later lol
I paid $1700 for my first 101b prob around 2004, shell was a little rough but it was $1700 well spent, and $1700 seemed like insanity to spend on a used amp back then....

They’re up to $2500 or thereof now especially the older pre-2004 models. Mine was 2700 after tax and shipping - absolutely zero negation room. And I don’t say that lightly - that’s the most I have ever spent on an amplifier and I’m not comfortable spending any more hence why I backed out of Fatbagg’s 100B ad - obviously for the better.

I feel for the OP - 101B’s of vintage era are in high demand and rare as hens teeth at anything reasonable. I’m still in the honeymoon stage, but it’s by far the most responsive/articulate/musical amp I have.

They’re up to $2500 or thereof now especially the older pre-2004 models. Mine was 2700 after tax and shipping - absolutely zero negation room. I feel for the OP - 101B’s of vintage era are in high demand and rare as hens teeth at anything reasonable.
What really pisses me off is there was another 101b on Reverb, from a seller that made a legitimate offer to sell through Reverb (as opposed to PPG) and I opted to go with Fatbagg because he was slightly cheaper and made it sound practically brand new/in great condition. He was very accommodating and even said "you are protected" with regards to paying via PayPal Gift :rolleyes: Unfortunately that other 101b sold shortly thereafter.

What really pisses me off is there was another 101b on Reverb, from a seller that made a legitimate offer to sell through Reverb (as opposed to PPG) and I opted to go with Fatbagg because he was slightly cheaper and made it sound practically brand new/in great condition. He was very accommodating and even said "you are protected" with regards to paying via PayPal Gift :rolleyes: Unfortunately that other 101b sold shortly thereafter.
That sucks....they're super cool amps to be sure....

You've got some North of the Border options too... Morris amps sound killer and come highly recommended (I've not yet played one); Rick at Wizard builds a kick ass amp (I've got an MC25, purchased off the used market). You might also consider a Bogner 3534, they're an actual mini Ecstasy, I love mine (got that used as well...)

Sure. As I mentioned in my OP this began on Reverb. I've attached a screenshot of the original ad, which was removed, along with the beginning of our exchange where he asked for PayPal gift. The ad on Reverb also included a YouTube video of him demoing the amp, though I don't think you ever actually see the amp itself in the video. I was able to track him down on here and TGP. Not sure if he had ever posted about this amp on here or not.
Son of a bitch the amp in question he traded to me well over a year and a half I am guessing for a PRS and here's a picture I dug up before I sold it well over a year ago and I am guessing it's the same one .
H6HtsDt.png

So here is my theory... He relisted an amp he hadn't owned in well over a year on Reverb thinking nobody would hopefully notice the date it was originally posted and the OP bought it and Fatbagg/ douchebag...asked for Paypal gift noticing you were in Canada and probably figures that since your not in the U.S. and you have paid with Paypal gift on a Amp he hasn't owned in well over a year but pretends he does and knows your not protected with buyer protection and closes his Reverb account and figures bye bye I got your money and figured you were so far away that he was in the clear until...You being a great detective somehow tracked him down on TGP as well as here on Rig talk a month later and started a thread calling him out and then all of a sudden he's in contact with you after his shit is exposed for all the Rig Talk community to see.. Let's see did I miss something???

Going back on the picture when I owned it that it was dated Aug. 14, 2019
So basically he's listing gear for sale that he no longer owns . Hmmm... is that a criminal offense?

Last edited:
That was the one I snagged off reverb around the same time I believe. I slept on it for a week knowing if it sold I’d likely not find another pre-2004 for a reasonable price again. I ate the fees and the tax - for an amp that is of this caliber I felt better paying slightly more.

Last edited:
That's purdy.

I still look at my Ecstasy classic and think how cool it looks.
Reinhold nailed the dimensions. Perfect height/depth.
And the chrome face plate...forget about it.

Sounds like you guys have drummed up a pretty good case for fraud.

Son of a bitch the amp in question he traded to me well over a year and a half I am guessing for a PRS and here's a picture I dug up before I sold it well over a year ago and I am guessing it's the same one .
H6HtsDt.png
If you look at my PM he tries to sell me that same amp AGAIN after already selling it to the OP.

So here is my theory... He relisted an amp he hadn't owned in well over a year on Reverb thinking nobody would hopefully notice the date it was originally posted and the OP bought it and Fatbagg/ douchebag...asked for Paypal gift noticing you were in Canada and probably figures that since your not in the U.S. and you have paid with Paypal gift on a Amp he hasn't owned in well over a year but pretends he does and knows your not protected with buyer protection and closes his Reverb account and figures bye bye I got your money and figured you were so far away that he was in the clear until...You being a great detective somehow tracked him down on TGP as well as here on Rig talk a month later and started a thread calling him out and then all of a sudden he's in contact with you after his shit is exposed for all the Rig Talk community to see.. Let's see did I miss something???
That, or judging by how old the listing was it had been left up after your trade and he in the midst of all his shit going on got confused about which amp I was trying to buy (really stretching here to give him the benefit of the doubt). I had tracked him down way before posting here, it wasn't hard doing a quick google search with the info he provided me. I gave him multiple opportunities to respond, give an update, back out of the deal etc. It wasn't until I finally asked for a refund that his Reverb shop got shut down (I had planned on reporting the situation to them anyway) and thats when I decided to post here.

Maybe the case except that listing was ended after he and I did a trade deal as I don't remember it being active on Reverb all that time as I resold the same amp on Reverb and I always check the other listings to see what has sold and for how much.

Back