Horrible Exchange with Fatbagg

Thanks guys. I think I’m pretty set on looking for a regular 101b as I understand it has a bit more gain on tap, but I’ll take a look.
Cool. If watts isn’t an issue the Ecstasy 3534 actually has more gain on both channels and a better clean channel than the 101b. It’s appx 6” narrower and 35 lbs lighter. It doesn’t have the punch the 100 water has but the tone and Bogner feel is there 100%.

If I may comment...

Obviously, he's in the military and mentions the VA quite frequently. It is quite possible he may have ptsd. I'm not making excuses, just possibly shedding some light on his behavior.

Of course, this is possible mate.

I have PTSD but it's never caused me to be a dick. In fact, in 20 years online I've not been "rude" to anyone, ever. I have bipolar too. It really irks me to see peeps using either one of my conditions as an excuse for being an asshole, and yet here I am and I have both.

As for the "innocent" mistake of forgetting that someone has gifted you thousands of dollars via PayPal, Hell, if fairness and integrity are important to you, you'll find ways around memory lapses, such as leaving sticky notes by the 'phone (my favourite), wearing one's watch on the wrong arm or keeping an IOU diary.

Hope I'm not coming off as harsh or insensitive; it's for the very reason that I am sensitive and have endured much pain that my empathy has steadily grown through my life and why I go to great lengths not to let anyone down.

Cheers Mark. :cheers:

Thanks guys. I think I’m pretty set on looking for a regular 101b as I understand it has a bit more gain on tap, but I’ll take a look.
I prefer the early 101b's with the Mercury magnetic transformers more myself and I agree the classic is a nice amp but it is lacking something the 101b has in the gain department. Now In a perfect world I wouldn't mind owning all of them together in harmony 100b, 101b, Classic, Anniversary... OH sorry you got me daydreaming there for a bit until reality set back in :D

Last edited:
If I may comment...

Obviously, he's in the military and mentions the VA quite frequently. It is quite possible he may have ptsd. I'm not making excuses, just possibly shedding some light on his behavior.
Oh Bullshit. Post traumatic stress does not cause you to steal. Im a Vet & i have PTSD.
I would submit that he likely got kicked out of the Military for being a dipshit.
Millions of people deal with combat stress disorders everyday without running an international internet Ponzi scheme.
Would also submit it takes an enormous amount of cunning/dishonesty/time/energy to run a revolving rip-off scheme for weeks or months with multiple people & multiple countries.
He did it because he could.
And like a shark that tastes blood if there are no penalties/consequences for his actions Fat-hag will keep doing the same thing.
Looks like he adopted his buy one/get 3 free amps theology direct from the Mark Cameron playbook.
For all we know he could have been funneling MC or someone else stolen amps as well.
Criminal.

Last edited:
Oh Bullshit. Post traumatic stress does not cause you to steal. Im a Vet & i have PTSD.
I would submit that he likely got kicked out of the Military for being a dipshit.
Millions of people deal with combat stress disorders everyday without running an international internet Ponzi scheme.
Would also submit it takes an enormous amount of cunning/dishonesty/time/energy to run a revolving rip-off scheme for weeks or months with multiple people & multiple countries.
He did it because he could.
And like a shark that tastes blood if there are no penalties/consequences for his actions Fat-hag will keep doing the same thing.
Looks like he adopted his buy one/get 3 free amps theology direct from the Mark Cameron playbook.
For all we know he could have been funneling MC or someone else stolen amps as well.
Criminal.
Never gave him a pass. Never said what he did was moral, acceptable, or “ok”. Just said he may have it. His behavior (outside of his recent outting) has always been erratic.

Wow, this thread was a trip. So sorry you had to go through all of that, Mr Bush. I sold my Bogner Prototype to fatbagg in September on TGP. Glad I took the money instead of any of the trades he'd offered. After I shipped it out, I mentioned to him that shipping was a lot more expensive than I thought it'd be and he said he'd send me some extra money to cover it several times, but never did. I didn't ask for anything more, was just commenting that shipping had gone up a lot since the last time I sold an amp, so I didn't hold my breath on it.

Hadn't seen him talk about my Bogner a while, even though he'd described it as a "holy grail" amp for him back then. I'd assumed he still has it because I haven't seen it for sale since, but with all the gear he's been going through lately, I could be wrong. Kinda sad I sold it to him just based off the premise that he's been pulling this on several people. I thought he was a pretty cool dude when we'd talked in the past but will definitely avoid in the future. Thankfully, I've never been burned on the PayPal gift thing in the past but I no longer ask for or offer to use it for anyone, because it just doesn't feel safe to me.

Has fatbagg said anything else to you, Mr Bush about the money he still owes you? I assume if he would've just refunded your gift payment, your fees would've been reversed. How shitty.

I searched around on TGP. Looks like he last posted Sunday, but I didn't find any threads calling him out over there. Someone earlier mentioned comments on TGP were getting deleted?

Has fatbagg said anything else to you, Mr Bush about the money he still owes you? I assume if he would've just refunded your gift payment, your fees would've been reversed. How shitty.

I searched around on TGP. Looks like he last posted Sunday, but I didn't find any threads calling him out over there. Someone earlier mentioned comments on TGP were getting deleted?
Hey, thanks. He emailed me about the remaining amount yesterday. The fees are whatever, but the initial refund did not equal the original payment. I don’t know what happened there.

I tried posting buyer beware comments on his ads on TGP but those posts were removed and I got a temp ban. Maybe that’s against their rules, I donno.

Hey, thanks. He emailed me about the remaining amount yesterday. The fees are whatever, but the initial refund did not equal the original payment. I don’t know what happened there.

I tried posting buyer beware comments on his ads on TGP but those posts were removed and I got a temp ban. Maybe that’s against their rules, I donno.

All his ads are gone on TGP. .He either deleted them or..... at least they're gone for now

Eric

FWIW someone asking for PPG always weirds me out a bit, but I just send the money via regular PayPal but add the 3% to cover the fee. Hasn't happened yet, but if the seller were to freak out that I hadn't used Gift, pretty sure that's I deal I'd want out of anyway.

Lesson learned. Don't PPG to buy anything. You lose your protection, and you're stealing services. If' you get fucked, we'll then karma.

Just saw this thread.
Holy shit!
Something always seemed a little off with this guy's vids and his amp flipping.
I'm guessing Bi-Polar and he somehow got off his meds and got on a wicked manic run.
If there was no one in his life to intervene and reel him back in, I'm not surprised this went as pear-shaped as it did.
If this is the case, I hope he gets the help he desperately needs.
Feel bad for all the guys that got caught up in this.

Well now that PP is sending out 1099’s for non gift transactions, gift is the only way I plan on going from now on

So you're reaching these thresholds? or do you live in Vermont, Massachusetts, Virginia, Maryland, or Illinois?
  • $20,000 USD in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single calendar year
  • 200 payments for goods or services in the same year
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp...e-irs-will-i-receive-a-tax-form-1099-k-faq729
If so you probably should be paying taxes

Well now that PP is sending out 1099’s for non gift transactions, gift is the only way I plan on going from now on
It's becoming quite a mess... Taxing used items that were already taxed when they were new was the first thing that really sucked, Reverb changing their payment option where it has to go thru their system before you get paid and now this B.S. :thumbsdown: Sales from used Items should not have to be declared if your not using as a source of income but just to try more gear.

So you're reaching these thresholds? or do you live in Vermont, Massachusetts, Virginia, Maryland, or Illinois?
  • $20,000 USD in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single calendar year
  • 200 payments for goods or services in the same year
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp...e-irs-will-i-receive-a-tax-form-1099-k-faq729
If so you probably should be paying taxes

They are apparently sending 1099’s even if you don’t reach these thresholds. Get caught or unknowingly not list it on your taxes for that year and it’s a massive fine if audited assuming you’re selling for a profit. If not making a profit, list the 1099 anyway and then also include a schedule C to write off the losses so that the net is zero taxes paid. Be sure to keep documents of proof for the schedule C’s.

Back