this riff!!!!! whoa!!!

mooncobra

the riff that starts at about 12 seconds, bad ass!! rest of song is also awesome, but that riff, wow!

wonder what he recorded that with? doubt its that hughes and ibanez. unless pickups were changed as stock duncans, at least to me, were atrocious!!

the riff that starts at about 12 seconds, bad ass!! rest of song is also awesome, but that riff, wow!

wonder what he recorded that with? doubt its that hughes and ibanez. unless pickups were changed as stock duncans, at least to me, were atrocious!!

While I appreciate dude's that are wizards sitting in a perfect situation playing to and with computers..do you actually listen to this like real music?
Not trying to be a scoob just trying to understand.
For me, he can take the whole wizardry and stick it up his butt.
Let's hear this in the mix with other HUMANS.
But I get it.
My answer is Paul Gilbert.

Definitely some good chops. Love seeing young dudes like that going for it.

You can't sing or whistle that shit. Just sayin'. I can imagine how to write an algorithm for a computer to compose that shit.

Fantastic chops, but as I often do, I question the point of 'em when your sense of melody is pretty-much shot.

Sorry to be a wet blanket. :LOL:

EDIT:
Re-evaluated a day later and I don't mind it at all now. I was definitely shooting first and aiming later.

I'll leave my initial post intact 'cause there may be some value in it for someone and I also believe in owning one's mistakes.

Last edited:
I just hate the fact that nowdays you make a video clip where you sit down in a chair...
this is crap...this is not rocknroll this is elitistic shit...

I don't care if the guy can play...you show yourself sitting in a f chair...where is the band...do you even have a f strap...?
Does he actually know what a concert show is...??
f pathetic...

and then EVERYBODY is wondering why we keep going to Iron Maiden concerts...(and real metal concerts)
Its the f show...
f pathetic...

Wow, tough crowd. I learned a long time ago with country and bluegrass players to try to appreciate what they're doing even tho I don't listen to that style/genre. I still enjoy watching Albert Lee or Danny Gatton. And I would imagine open minded country/bluegrass players would do the same with Paul Gilbert (as one example). It's fine to not like it but some of the slagging above seems excessive.

Yeah brother, I hear ya, but Lee and Gatton appreciated and produced melodic solos and riffs, as did Maiden (mentioned by blackie13) and practically every other classic-rock, cock rock and metal band that's had a decent measure of success. Chops were a bonus and used tastefully.

This dude, OTOH, and again I'm gonna sound harsh, sounds like he's churning out algorithmically-generated shit. It sounds mathematical, but not musical and conveys zero passion and elicits zero emotional response.

EDIT:
I take that back. A day later and suddenly I'm liking it. For some reason yesterday I didn't sense the musicality that was there, and yet today, I do. Go figure.

That said, if I had a dollar for every song I've disliked and then later liked in my life I'd be able to go out and buy a New Mac Pro (latest cheese grater). :LOL:

Last edited:
While I appreciate dude's that are wizards sitting in a perfect situation playing to and with computers..do you actually listen to this like real music?
Not trying to be a scoob just trying to understand.
For me, he can take the whole wizardry and stick it up his butt.
Let's hear this in the mix with other HUMANS.
But I get it.
My answer is Paul Gilbert

its called technical death metal, there are many bands in the genre but here is one fine example

I just hate the fact that nowdays you make a video clip where you sit down in a chair...

I don't care if the guy can play...you show yourself sitting in a f chair...where is the band...do you even have a f strap...?
f pathetic...

and then EVERYBODY is wondering why we keep going to Iron Maiden concerts...(and real metal concerts)
Its the f show...
f pathetic...

Thanks ! I'm not alone.

To those who don't enjoy this, OK, Boomer! This kid is phenomenal.

It's new, it's different, Elvis would have bothered you, and the Beatles, and then,......now do you get that you don't get it, that's all?

LOL Phenomenally boring and irrelevant. Hopefully and luckily for us all forgotten in three minutes.

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I thought that was freakin awesome. Dude is heavy as hell and has his own voice on the guitar. I downloaded both of his songs and will put them in my playlist between Angel Vivaldi and Al Joseph. 😎

im curious what the reaction would be to this same song here if it was the new single from Lynch and Dimartinis new band and they were playing a cameron and SLO standing up? i bet then it would be innovative, pushing the boundaries, look how these guys keep evolving as players... ect

This is so weird, I could have sworn I was trying to get to RigTalk.

Obviously I’ve gone to TheGearPage.com by mistake.

Back in MY DAY we played REAL MUSIC with REAL PEOPLE playing 1-4-5 Blues for 6 hours at a time under nothing but meandering E pentatonic scales. That’s REAL music. Anything else might as well be R2-D2 beep booping into a mic.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be in my truck wearing sunglasses and a goatee posting a video to Facebook of me screaming into my phone about how the world isn’t as simple as I need it to be.

Last edited:
To those who don't enjoy this, OK, Boomer! This kid is phenomenal.

It's new, it's different, Elvis would have bothered you, and the Beatles, and then,......now do you get that you don't get it, that's all?
Hahaha I was literally about to whip out the “boomer” on this thread lol. I think its sick, and i dont get all the dudes saying, “well he can play; but..). Theres a ton of videos of chet atkins and jerry reed shredding and sitting in chairs. Im sure there were a lot of country guys at the time calling them out for putting jazz in their country. 👍

f pathetic...

Its the f show...
f pathetic...
Dude..I get it. I have a fully loaded musichouse
and have jams/rehearsals all the time here.
It's gotten increasingly challenging to find players
that listen to the rhythm section and vibe it.
They listen to themselves and other wonderkinds so much..they've got no groove because computers and sit down clips are what they play to. They should just plug into an Atari 2600.
Usually it's the 'Google it' guitar instructors.
But..whatever works, f-it, let's ROCK⚡

Lots of yelling at clouds here. I fully appreciate this stuff and even listen to a lot of it.
Animals as Leaders and Scale the Summit being my faves. (I'm 60 for the record)

its called technical death metal, there are many bands in the genre but here is one fine example

At least Muhammed plays with a strap, standing and not on a chair...
And sings at the same time...
I have no problem with the genre or any style...nobody loves everything...
But official video with the guitarist sitting in a chair...f pathetic...

Lots of yelling at clouds here. I fully appreciate this stuff and even listen to a lot of it.
Animals as Leaders and Scale the Summit being my faves. (I'm 60 for the record)

At leat these guys have a strap...thats a bonus...

Just a question...would you pay money to see and hear this...??
Cause I wouldnt....

Back