King Diamond Live (produced video)

They recorded in Detroit and Philadelphia for that video. I was at the one in Detroit. I was bummed that the chose the Philly show for the DVD.

Was a great show nonetheless.

That was great! Question for you? Was the set list that short? Or did they do another set with songs from other CD’s. It was only an hour long that’s why I ask.
They recorded in Detroit and Philadelphia for that video. I was at the one in Detroit. I was bummed that the chose the Philly show for the DVD.

Was a great show nonetheless.

Yeah Andy is for sure one of my top 3 all time favorite guitar players.

I really think his lyrical way of soloing is unmatched. Each vibrato, each bend, each whammy effect, each small run, the overall tone, everything is so well crafted at the right time in such a perfect way it is really satifying for the ears (at least for mine lol). I don't get that feeling with any other guitarist. It gets directly to my inner guitarist self.

I love Andy's playing. He was the perfect fit for Death and Individual Thought Patterns is my favorite Death album. It's a shame he didn't do more stuff with Death but his work with King Diamond is unbelievably good. So melodic and tasteful.

Easily top 3 for me.

Andy Laroque
Criss Oliva
Marc Rizzo

Last edited:
I still love King Diamond and Andy's work all these years later.

Here's an old favorite from the Abigail tour - this is the show where a coven of witches from the Church of Satan attended to give KD the invite to meet LaVey at the old Black House:

LOVE me some Andy.. Jer is always slipping in the King riffage too in his demos and they are like easter eggs for me. Gets me everytime with the feels! Andy was always the best part of every album. The songs could be meh but i was always in anticipation of what he was gonna do when his time came.

As for high notes, I think King's voice was burned a while back so he took some rest and rehab to get it back up there. That said, that performance is likely as "live" as Tribute is. They for sure fixed his vocals KISS ALive style. I mean, I'm sure Paul had to practice the line " How you people feelin?!" and " Someone wanna get themselves a KIYASSSS??" until he got it just right and burned to tape.

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing. Have loved Andy's playing since the first time I heard "Them" back in the late 80s.

Back