EVM12L front mounting advise

EVM12L hole spacing is 11 5/8"
Celestion is 297mm or about 11 11/16" so a little wider.
It all depends on how the cab was drilled. Usually you can fudge 1/16" in either direction with some force as you are installing.

Use unobtainium nuts and bolts,and JBWELD as gasket material.
Do not use this speaker at groin night,as it will make you sterile.
Advise wearing ear plugs,over ear sound protection AND standing in another room far away from speaker to avoid possible cranial compression.
(fuck,I really miss the cab I had with EV speakers. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.)

really? i remember years ago replacing some EVM12L with celestions in a Mesa Thiele
I don't remember any issues when I tried EVM12L in my Marshall 1982B cabinet when I was on my Jake E Lee kick.

I highly recommend Celestion Heritage Reissue 55 or 75hz, they sound great, pretty much identical to my ole 1979 12H30 blackback and maybe even a littler sweeter.

IF you like the clarity of the EVM consider what you hear in Jake E Lee and Zakk Wylde ozzy years. The EV is a great speaker but ya gotta drive it with alot of volume IMHO.

You cannot bend an EV frame, it's cast iron.

EVM12L's will fit where there are Celestion or Eminence speakers studs or holes, at least with Mesa cabinets with the OEM studs. I switch around speakers quite a bit and my most recent thing is a Rectifier cabinet with 16 ohms on one side, 8 ohms or the other with EV & celestion mix.

4 screws are not enough! You must use 8 screws or it will rip out, trust me, I own and use them bastards.

Wattage has zero effect on a speaker as far as sounding good at low volume, it does not need more speed, hp or energy. That's not how speakers work. EV's sound terrific at bedroom volume, smooth as fuck.

Wattage has zero effect on a speaker as far as sounding good at low volume, it does not need more speed, hp or energy. That's not how speakers work. EV's sound terrific at bedroom volume, smooth as fuck.
You are probably correct, I always found until I was driving an inefficient speaker like a Celestion Greenback they always sounded a bit wooly at low volumes but under higher volume it definitely sounded better more defined. On the other hand a more efficient speaker like a 12H-30 and the EV would stay more defined at lower volumes because they are more efficient with the sound energy input.

It's been a long time since I played an EV12L but I do remember at higher volumes it sounded great.

Back