Using my Captor-X with my Studio One DAW

Lou Condon

Just got my Captor-X the other day and so far it is awesome. How do I record to my Studio One recording software when I get a good sound out of my Captor-X? Second ?? is can I use my Sony Bluetooth wireless Headphones with my Captor-X? Thanks in advance.

Hi Lou,
In order to record the output of the CaptorX, you'll need to use the XLR outputs on the rear of the unit which should feed into your audio interface (what are you using for this currently??); and from the audio interface, it'll be fed via whatever means (USB, T3, HDMI) into your computer and its resident DAW software Studio One. I'm not a Studio One user, I use Reaper, but much like any DAW, you'll have to go to preferences, make sure your routing is set up for the computer and its peripherals, and then it's off to the races.

I don't believe bluetooth headphones are an option, the headphone jack on the front is there for a reason, it works with the circuitry inside the CaptorX to prepare it for silent recording when there's no cab attached. And furthermore, the software interface from tablet/smart-device to CaptorX is "TorpedoRemote" and this is necessary for devices to communicate wirelessly with the unit.

I hope I've helped with your questions.
It's a fantastic unit.
Cheers
Mo

Hi Lou,
In order to record the output of the CaptorX, you'll need to use the XLR outputs on the rear of the unit which should feed into your audio interface (what are you using for this currently??); and from the audio interface, it'll be fed via whatever means (USB, T3, HDMI) into your computer and its resident DAW software Studio One. I'm not a Studio One user, I use Reaper, but much like any DAW, you'll have to go to preferences, make sure your routing is set up for the computer and its peripherals, and then it's off to the races.

I don't believe bluetooth headphones are an option, the headphone jack on the front is there for a reason, it works with the circuitry inside the CaptorX to prepare it for silent recording when there's no cab attached. And furthermore, the software interface from tablet/smart-device to CaptorX is "TorpedoRemote" and this is necessary for devices to communicate wirelessly with the unit.

I hope I've helped with your questions.
It's a fantastic unit.
Cheers
Mo
Hi Mo,

I am connected from the Captor-X to my Apollo-Twin I have the 2 XLR cables hooked up.
I guess I just need to go into the software next. Thanks for both answers :)
Lou

Hi Mo,

I am connected from the Captor-X to my Apollo-Twin I have the 2 XLR cables hooked up.
I guess I just need to go into the software next. Thanks for both answers :)
Lou
The Apollo Twin will likely have some software and drivers needed for install. Usually these offer a small GUI to also assist with porting/routing that sets the unit up to be see properly by the DAW and the computers internal settings too (turning off default input in Preferences, but then opening the DAWs preferences to look for I/O input and I/O output to monitors).

It's easy once ya get it!! Try some YT vids as well - the Apollo software/driver needs installing though most definitely to get things talking to one another.

Let me know how ya make out!
Peace
Mo

Back