Music Go Round.

Samhain

Banned
tripler.jpg

Offered them a trade my mint condition w/box $110 Morley Lynch Tripler for their {used} asking $70 MXR Micro Chorus.
They offered me $35 trade value on my Morley which would be about $45 [tax] outta my pocket for their pedal.
They offer about 30% your gears value.
Music Go Round smokes crack.

Guitar center are no better.
At this point, its CL only.
I dont deal with fees, but unfortunately people are low ballers. The last 2 years, I've gotten the whole...well I'm coming from far away routine, and can you lower the price of I drive to meet you.

Me: NO, then look closer to where you live or dont drive so far for a $90 pedal.
As if I ever believed them in t he first place.
You cant bullshit a bullshiter.

IMO there should be some Federal oversight pertaining to the fair market value of an item against predatory business practices.

Sorry, but... you went to them, they didn't come to you. Why complain? You seriously didn't think they they were going just do a straight up trade and not get some cash out of it on the spot?
Exactly. Most you can hope for is 50% of what your pedal is worth used, NOT what it sells for new. So what they offered you is about right, based on that formula. Don’t have to like it; but that’s how it is.

In this pandemic most MGR are hurting for cash. Just like on CL these days nobody has cash and everyone just wants to barter with gear trades. This is ok for a CL user but doesn't pay the bills for a Brick and Mortar shop like MusicGoRound or GC.

Sorry, but... you went to them, they didn't come to you. Why complain? You seriously didn't think they they were going just do a straight up trade and not get some cash out of it on the spot?
044f10f042a393c584314471ef21296c.gif

Spoken like a true Republican.
With their offer an extra $25 bucks i could just outright buy their pedal w/o loosing mine LOL.
Im not short on chorus pedals anyway.
Whole thing is absurd but i should go there anyway and tell them to Phuck-off in person as they try to keep a straight face whilst trying to ROB me.
Thats not a "business" its a SCAM.

Last edited:
044f10f042a393c584314471ef21296c.gif

Spoken like a true Republican.
With their offer an extra $25 bucks i could just outright buy their pedal w/o loosing mine LOL.
Im not short on chorus pedals anyway.
Whole thing is absurd but i should go there anyway and tell them to Phuck-off in person as they try to keep a straight face whilst trying to ROB me.
You having the choice to walk away with your goods in your hand means they aren't robbing you...

Perhaps the pedal is just worth more to you than it is to them. Or perhaps they have calculated what they believe it costs them to sell any given product and their offer represents what they could afford to pay you for your pedal and still make the money they want to? Consider that they have a much different overhead structure than joe blo selling pedals off his board... Or perhaps their business model is to screw people over every chance they get and leave everyone the deal with feeling like they were robbed as they laugh their way to the bank and home to their mansions, cus that sounds reasonable.

That's the way it goes. GC offered me $800 for a mint Mesa Mark V:35 head. They regularly list them used for $1800-1900. I had to wait 30 minutes for a call from corporate with that lame ass offer too.

MGR sounds like the Bernie Maddoff of guitar shops like "maddoff" with your gear lol.
Im going to call them & tell them id like to trade my hand signed Clapton Cream reunion Soldano head for a Bugera combo then not show up.

Do the math. Not sticking up for shit go round, just saying most used gear moves from anywhere of 50%-70% of new pricing. I just sold my EVH 2x12 combo cuz I moved across country. Sold it for $850. Thats 56.7% of the new price of $1499. Stores do have rent/expenses/employees/overhead, so yeah they would probably offer me $375-$400 for it. Your best bet with something small like that is to list/ship it.

Back