Texas BBQ

CornNutz

BBQ in Texas is brisket.

Smoked 12hours, wrapped in peach paper, and cooked 8 more hours @ 225F until tender which is around 200F internal temp.

This melts in your mouth, and that fat is rendered so nice it just dissolves while eating. This you do not put fucking sauce, or ketchup on. BBQ sauce is for bad BBQ.

b1 (1).jpg

b1 (2).jpg

b1 (3).jpg

b1 (4).jpg

That looks great! It's only been recently that I learned the importance of the wrap with a brisket.

Are you doing a whole packer cut?

That looks great! It's only been recently that I learned the importance of the wrap with a brisket.

Are you doing a whole packer cut?

Yes a full packer. I trim the fat down a bit. Take those fat trimmings, and render them down to liquid (people call this beef tallow now days) if you have a pressure cooker, rendering the fat is quick and easy.

I baste it with the beef fat every couple of hours, and put some on the paper before wrapping it.

BBQ in Texas is brisket.

Smoked 12hours, wrapped in peach paper, and cooked 8 more hours @ 225F until tender which is around 200F internal temp.

This melts in your mouth, and that fat is rendered so nice it just dissolves while eating. This you do not put fucking sauce, or ketchup on. BBQ sauce is for bad BBQ.

View attachment 79502

View attachment 79505
View attachment 79508
View attachment 79511
Ya well you Texas fuckers put ketchup on spaghetti and call it ‘scetti so there’s that ! 😂

4 Rivers makes a great brisket. How it compares to homemade... ?

Never had them, but checked out the web site, and looks like it should.

I've been making brisket for a long time, I'd pit mine up against the best. Franklin's BBQ is all the rage in Austin, yet to try it.

Never had them, but checked out the web site, and looks like it should.

I've been making brisket for a long time, I'd pit mine up against the best. Franklin's BBQ is all the rage in Austin, yet to try it.
I sampled some incredible brisket while living in Grand Prairie, TX. The chili was insane! 4 Rivers makes some mean smoked bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers as well.

I sampled some incredible brisket while living in Grand Prairie, TX. The chili was insane! 4 Rivers makes some mean smoked bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers as well.

Nice. Ohhhhh chili, I won a local chili cook off many years ago. I smoked rib-eye, then trimmed the fat, and rendered it down. Cubed up the rib-eye, and poured the rendered fat in.

Recently I've been doing Picanha. I smoke them to about 100F, then revers sear till med rare, soo damn good. My new goto steak.
Well I cooked too many one time, and had a half a whole chunk left over, cubed it up and made chili. Fuck it was the best chili i've made.

Did somebody say gay Texas BBQ?

untitled-copy-jpg.77826

I think its safe to say, if you post this (or any) picture of me one more time, you are officially gay for me.

So post it again anytime now or in the future to signal your gayness to us :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm in NC, we have a great BBQ festival in Lexington NC. BBQ is one thing i'm not a home team supporter of. I hate vinegar based BBQ and nasty ass red slaw.

I'm in NC, we have a great BBQ festival in Lexington NC. BBQ is one thing i'm not a home team supporter of. I hate vinegar based BBQ and nasty ass red slaw.

Yeah our BBQ is pretty different from yours. Not that I don't enjoy pulled pork with the vinegar based sauce every once in a while

Haha, you're officially out of the closet bravo :clap:

You are now a self admitted homosexual, do you feel relived?

Back