Vid from my KISS tributes gig this past weekend

JerEvil

Once Nevada started allowing for live entertainment, 3 of my projects have been gigging fairly regularly. 2 happen to be KISS tributes. We got booked at a huge AV company's spot over the weekend. They shot multi-cam vid and had audio from the board sync'd.
Vids came out nice though.

Used my HX Stomp XL in the return of a DSL. Was nice to actually be on a largish stage and be able to use our video screen content. There was about 300 people there. I WISH they had mic's recording the audience. Vids came out nice though.

Nice job man. You guys are pretty tight on those harmony parts. Really like how you didn’t overplay, too. Sounded very much like that era Kiss. Props to your singer. One thing’s for sure - my fat ass could never be Paul in a tribute band. Haha!

Side note: I’d run that DSL straight to house, man. Those things sound damn good, imho. At least the old ones did. Not that that doesn’t sound good, though.

That looks fantastic man! Your Gene looks and sounds great right down to the axe bass! Nice touch with the sparkle LP! Great job.

Fantastic! I wish your tone could pop out a little more and cut a bit more on your leads but whatever, I think in the room it would be less of an issue. I really like what you guys are doing there, it is like old KISS before backing tracks. Real voices singing the choruses.. a truly "live" show. Paul has to keep himself in shape too, can't let the gut go. Sucks for him :p

As a lifelong diehard KISS fan, this was fantastic on all levels. I loved it!!
Paul could use a slightly larger stage presence with more movement, but hes still pretty damm good!

Nice job man. You guys are pretty tight on those harmony parts. Really like how you didn’t overplay, too. Sounded very much like that era Kiss. Props to your singer. One thing’s for sure - my fat ass could never be Paul in a tribute band. Haha!
I concur with Mr. Willys analysis... I also like how you did not overplay the Ace solos by doing Lynchy riffs and trills, pulloffs. The playing fits the era and music to a tee so nice job. Overall the band does a great job on every song in the vid... I can see why you guys are in demand.:2thumbsup::cheers:

The costumes and definitely on point and makes for a legit Kiss experience. I seen them in 1996 on the first reunion tour and even not being a huge Kiss fan I enjoyed the entire show immensely.

Thanks for all the kind words fellers! Most of our outfits come from a guy named David McBrayer who’s pretty well known in the replica world. Super nice dude. I have a local costume designer making me the Ace “Hotter Than Hell” belt and shoulder piece.

I have the lightning thigh highs being made by the guy that makes the boots for David’s costumes out of Mexico. $400 vs $1100 if I ordered them elsewhere and all custom fit.

Ya man Kiss as lot guys make light of em. The harmonies are hard on lot of songs. We play lot of kiss songs. Shout it out loud is a bastard to sing!! I do the Gene stuff. My drummer sings Paul. But it’s hard to harmonize.
awesome job bro!!

Back