Vid from my KISS tributes gig this past weekend

KISS shouldn't get any flack for their back catalogue, there are some killer tunes in there that inspired generations of guitar players. Peter gets bagged on as well but he had the best swing and feel of all the drummers easy. I also like candy pink mid 80's KISS with Kulick, some great playing there too.

What they should be criticized for though, is Paul singing maybe 25% of the time and the rest being backing tracks. You don't sound like shit in the first verse and then magically pull it together for the build up and chorus and then sound hoarse in between songs. They should have walked away from the pull of the cash. I much prefer seeing tribute bands now for that very reason.

Sounds great! Paul just needs some hair on his chest. 😁

I saw a local Kiss tribute a few years ago where Paul had some really bad chest hair glued on. Once it got pretty crowded and hot in there, it started clumping up and looked pretty silly. But still huge props for attention to detail.

KISS shouldn't get any flack for their back catalogue, there are some killer tunes in there that inspired generations of guitar players. Peter gets bagged on as well but he had the best swing and feel of all the drummers easy. I also like candy pink mid 80's KISS with Kulick, some great playing there too.

What they should be criticized for though, is Paul singing maybe 25% of the time and the rest being backing tracks. You don't sound like shit in the first verse and then magically pull it together for the build up and chorus and then sound hoarse in between songs. They should have walked away from the pull of the cash. I much prefer seeing tribute bands now for that very reason.

I agree with everything here (including Kulick - 'King of the Mountain' anyone? ) except like Motley Crue and Ozzy and such, sometimes people just want to go and pay tribute or say goodbye to their hero's. I'm pretty sure they know before they go that Paul and Vince and Ozzy's voices are shot. If they don't know that then they probably are not true fans to begin with. And yeah, I'm perfectly happy going to a tribute band instead and I don't really 'miss' the real Kiss, or Crue or Ozzy. Lastly, the reason I fell in love with these bands in the first place was because of the guitar.

Also with Crue it feels like a total ripoff cash grab at the expense of Mick's health. They already said goodbye and did it solidly. Stay retired or get behind an official cover band. Don't come back out and make fools of yourselves. You can tell nobody is really into it when they play.

Back