Friedman Modifications Experience

Dave has one of mine. I'm in no hurry for it because I'm not playing and all my time is focused on starting my business. I almost forgot he had it until I came across our emails this week and I have other heads to keep me occupied IF I get to play.

As always, Dave's been on-the-dial responsive. Love it.

im going to have my runt20 sent in and completely customized. He has been super responsive and reasonable with the price quotes.

my only gripe is he is so busy right now that he asked me to wait 2 months before i get with him again to send it in. But thats more a complement to him than anything :)

im going to have my runt20 sent in and completely customized. He has been super responsive and reasonable with the price quotes.

my only gripe is he is so busy right now that he asked me to wait 2 months before i get with him again to send it in. But thats more a complement to him than anything :)

How do you go about getting touch with him? What is best? Facebook messenger? Email him through the Friedman site?

Few questions as I am in the market for a Friedman.

1 what is the cost of modding a marshall to do be deluxe? Is it worth modding vs buying a Friedman?

2 what are the costs for mods in general?

3 what is the cost to take a be100 to a deluxe?

you can pm me details if you don’t want to post here. I have reached out to Friedman and he said the deluxe does basically everything in his amp builds. I wanted bits and pieces of a few models and he said the deluxe does it all.

1 what is the cost of modding a marshall to do be deluxe? Is it worth modding vs buying a Friedman?

you can pm me details if you don’t want to post here. I have reached out to Friedman and he said the deluxe does basically everything in his amp builds. I wanted bits and pieces of a few models and he said the deluxe does it all.
All questions for Dave Friedman.

How do you go about getting touch with him? What is best? Facebook messenger? Email him through the Friedman site?
Through the freidman site. He doesnt check it every day, but its him. Be specific in your questions - he seems to respond w more specifics to a narrow question than a broad one.
Also i have learned to look at what other guys are doing as mods. Example - “on my runt can you change the clean channel to a plexi and add a gain knob for it? Add a resonance knob on back, and add another clipping stage to the dirt channel so its hotter”. - he replied with what could be done and estimates in cost

As i just replied to the other guy, ill help u as wel. Literally itemize what you want. You get better answers the more specific you are. Dont say “make it a deluxe” bc there are several versions over the years of the regular.

say “i want a sat switch, more gain on chan 3 like a JJ and add fat switch”. That kind of stuff.

hes a magician and if u list your desires out he will itemize his response. Hope it helps!

Through the freidman site. He doesnt check it every day, but its him. Be specific in your questions - he seems to respond w more specifics to a narrow question than a broad one.
Also i have learned to look at what other guys are doing as mods. Example - “on my runt can you change the clean channel to a plexi and add a gain knob for it? Add a resonance knob on back, and add another clipping stage to the dirt channel so its hotter”. - he replied with what could be done and estimates in cost

Already heard back from him. We've gone back and forth a couple of times already :)

Thank you!

Longer for me. About 3 months. But, I'm totally fine with that. What I'm looking to have done is worth the wait.
im gonna see if we can turn my runt into a mini ‘slax..... plexi clean and heavy as we can for the dirt, possibly making the boost on the face switchable so it could be 3 channel. .... or maybe ill just settle for a mini smallbox.....

..... or maybe ill get impatient and end up getting buying a twin sister lol .... im a huge child...

Dave does great modifications to his products and many others. Recently Dave did additional mods to my
BE-100 (really love this amp) wonderful workmanship and detail. Quick email response, and open to all suggestions.

He is also very busy and I find it fortunate, he had the time to work on my amp.
I’ve always had a great experience with Dave, he’ll surely help as best as he can….
Agreed to ALL the above! Especially your last sentence to the lengths he will go to help.

In my experience, Dave did some incredible mods. We found out later the head needed some additional work. And Dave was adamant on getting the head back. The man shipped the head back on his OWN DIME, as I wasn’t financially able too. Who does that? This goes to show you also the kind of man he is besides his talent.

It was my goal to start this thread for those that are considering getting mods done, and bring more interest to Friedman Amplification, and maybe in some small way pay back Dave for the kindness he showed me. Thanks again Dave.

Dave has finished my amp! Just got the email and FedEx tracking. Had a bunch of mods done, basically turning my 2014 BE100 into a Deluxe. New Synergy caps and S switch, Extra Gain & Master for Ch2 HBE (I love HBE with the gain lower), thump and response w/update presence, and lastly the Clean was converted to Buxom like clean.

I was actually wanting the Plexi Mod on Ch1, but Dave said he’d have to relocate a bunch of stuff on my particular amp, and so I didn’t want to do all that, might mess the tone up worse.

Anyone have any feedback on how the Buxom clean mod sounds compared to a BE100 simple clean? I’ll let you guys know how the amp sounds after I receive it and jam on it, for sure.

Just got word that mine is done as well, can't wait to play it and as always Dave is top notch to work with!

Mantra, what are all the mods you've had done?
Dave has done a number of mods over the years to my BE-100 and the clean channel modifications are better than the "simple clean".....
fVArlz1h.jpg

My BE-100 I bought new in 2015 and about that time I referenced my '75 Marshall Superlead Jose modified and '68 Superlead Lee Jackson modified amps with Dave and with his ingenuity and design aspect created elements of the modded Marshall's but with even better detail and quieter, along with Dave's wonderful master-volume, effects-loop, channel-switching. It has all of the Dave's other mods that he's done over the years along with items personalized, an amazing amp to say the least.....
Awesome! I have a be-100 I want to send in for some Jose like tweaks, just to get it a little meaner and raw
when needed.

Back