Friedman Modifications Experience

So I’ve had my BE100 back from being modded by Dave since last week. This was a stock 2014 BE100.
Here’s all the mods:
-Clean Ch1 to Buxom Betty specs.
-2016 Synergy Mustard caps replaced Mallory 150’s & most Mica caps replaced
-Gain Structure Switch added w/ updated Voicing Switch
-Extra gain and master for the HBE- Tweak the BE and C45 to new specs
-add response and thump knob and update presence.

So with all these new mods and updates, it took a little bit to dial in “my tone”. A little advise to those who get their amps back from Dave after some mods.. Dial it in with your ears not your eyes. I was trying to dial in the knobs exactly how I use to, and when I just started from scratch again it when I got my tones.
Whats the tone difference I hear? The Buxom cleans are more responsive and detailed, more high-end presence, a WAY better clean tone, overdrives and effects pedals sound better. Ch2’s core tone is less compressed, a little more raw, more aggressive, much more high-end detail and sizzle. I asked Dave for a little more chime’y presence, high-end detail and sizzle with Ch2 gain. There was always a darker sheen on the Ch2 gain before, which I guess gave it that “polished” style gain that I didn’t like much. The Ch2 Voice switch is different and I like it set to the right now, which sounds more detailed and alive, left is smoother and relaxed, kinda like a Vintage/Modern Switch. The new Thump/Response knobs I’ll be able to dial in playing gigs and jamming with a full band setup, which we are starting to book shows again now.

Dave was super easy and a pleasure to work with and excellent communication throughout. His work is top notch and very reasonably priced for what all he did (please don’t ask my price, email Dave). If you guys have any questions fire away. Also posted on the GearPage and both Friedman Facebook Groups.

IMG_4894.jpeg
IMG_4888.jpeg
IMG_4891.jpeg

So I’ve had my BE100 back from being modded by Dave since last week. This was a stock 2014 BE100.
Here’s all the mods:
-Clean Ch1 to Buxom Betty specs.
-2016 Synergy Mustard caps replaced Mallory 150’s & most Mica caps replaced
-Gain Structure Switch added w/ updated Voicing Switch
-Extra gain and master for the HBE- Tweak the BE and C45 to new specs
-add response and thump knob and update presence.

So with all these new mods and updates, it took a little bit to dial in “my tone”. A little advise to those who get their amps back from Dave after some mods.. Dial it in with your ears not your eyes. I was trying to dial in the knobs exactly how I use to, and when I just started from scratch again it when I got my tones.
Whats the tone difference I hear? The Buxom cleans are more responsive and detailed, more high-end presence, a WAY better clean tone, overdrives and effects pedals sound better. Ch2’s core tone is less compressed, a little more raw, more aggressive, much more high-end detail and sizzle. I asked Dave for a little more chime’y presence, high-end detail and sizzle with Ch2 gain. There was always a darker sheen on the Ch2 gain before, which I guess gave it that “polished” style gain that I didn’t like much. The Ch2 Voice switch is different and I like it set to the right now, which sounds more detailed and alive, left is smoother and relaxed, kinda like a Vintage/Modern Switch. The new Thump/Response knobs I’ll be able to dial in playing gigs and jamming with a full band setup, which we are starting to book shows again now.

Dave was super easy and a pleasure to work with and excellent communication throughout. His work is top notch and very reasonably priced for what all he did (please don’t ask my price, email Dave). If you guys have any questions fire away. Also posted on the GearPage and both Friedman Facebook Groups.

View attachment 83219View attachment 83222View attachment 83225
Man that’s clean work! CONGRATZ!!!!!! I bet your getting NO sleep since getting that amp back 🤣! And yes, his work is VERY reasonably priced, especially for the quality of work that goes into it. Dave is simply amazing at what he does. Was curious, what’s your take on the Synergy’s, say as compared to original mustards, or etc etc?

Dave has done a number of mods over the years to my BE-100 and the clean channel modifications are better than the "simple clean".....
fVArlz1h.jpg
Yooooooooo! Hey bro, hope your well! Totally forgot to ask you what mods you had done to the BE, and/or Recommend? I have an opportunity to get one from a buddy here, like really cheap and figured I’d move on it. It’s an unmodded 2015. Sounds decent, and in fantastic shape.

I got the 2016 update as well as all the Deluxe mods with Betty clean instead of Plexi, he would have had to rearrange way too much inside the amp for Plexi clean, and not worth potentially ruining the tone of Ch 2. He also tweaked the gain to have more of a Voxish jangle, more clear high end presence than muffled BE highs. I’m not much on the Van Halen sound so I think it sound MUCH MUCH better. More British sizzle is 100% what was achieve, tighter lows, and more usable midrange.

Man that’s clean work! CONGRATZ!!!!!! I bet your getting NO sleep since getting that amp back 🤣! And yes, his work is VERY reasonably priced, especially for the quality of work that goes into it. Dave is simply amazing at what he does. Was curious, what’s your take on the Synergy’s, say as compared to original mustards, or etc etc?
Synergy Royal Mustard caps? i can only compare to the Mallorys, and it’s not a good comparison when it’s a 6 month spread A\B.

Synergy caps seem to have much more forward high-mids. The amp actually seems louder and way more bolder, but that’s probably not the caps.

Let’s mix up the thread a bit! If Dave did mods for you, go ahead and post pics and or sound clip too! I’m sure all would like to see/hear!

Here's a little tune with some tonal mixtures from my BE-100 it's been great for live and studio sessions.....

Love to hear other players modified amps, Dave does amazing work.

Man is that impressive! Tone and the talent to boot! Nice!!!!!

Dave did a modded JJ50 DLX 1.5 channel (JJ Be & JBE) off an Egnater PTP Seminar Boutikit head. Asked for more gain, more raw & aggressive tones with some DLX features. Of course, he exceeded my expectations and the amp is a beast. I like it better than my JJ100, which was my favorite and gigging amp for almost 3 years, but had to downsize.

Dave's customer experience was exemplary as always. Despite the fact that I now have to sell this amp, I couldn't be happier with the service and product.

Dave did a modded JJ50 DLX 1.5 channel (JJ Be & JBE) off an Egnater PTP Seminar Boutikit head. Asked for more gain, more raw & aggressive tones with some DLX features. Of course, he exceeded my expectations and the amp is a beast. I like it better than my JJ100, which was my favorite and gigging amp for almost 3 years, but had to downsize.

Dave's customer experience was exemplary as always. Despite the fact that I now have to sell this amp, I couldn't be happier with the service and product.
That Sounds awesome! Please post some pics or clips!!!!!

Ya, I would certainly say Dave delivered. Sounds tight, aggressive! Ya, nice Suhr too!
Thanks, man. It slays. And that’s a Schecter USA PT, tho the headstock does look a bit similar to the Suhr. I love that guitar; I think Schecters are underrated. At least the non-abalone stuff. Ha!

Not to be a douche, did somebody take off the Schecter logo and put a Suhr waterslide decal on it? Lol?

Last edited:
Back