Any HUM Fans around? | JCM800 2203 Full Band Cover Video

zzwish

I've been listening to this album a bunch over the past year. Simple & effective riffs, huge low end, and a really cool vibe. Tried to get fairly close to the original and was loving the guitar tone I was getting from the Nuñez Amplification Tetra-Fet Drive into the low input of the JCM800 2203. Hope you dig it!
⚡️

never listened to this band but that was great. i just picked up a tlm102, gotta try blending it with a 57 like you are
Thanks! I originally grabbed a TLM102 a few years back as a vocal mic but gave it a shot on guitars as well and really like the results!

Bumping this because the track is God-tier perfection and we NEED SONGS LIKE THIS played RIGHTLY LIVE for recharging ourselves in these trying times. What I'd give to rock this with @halomojo live, and perhaps some Teenage Wrist too.

So thankful for this site and brothers like this keeping the torch lit. 🔥

Edit: Tragedy that Hum just lost their drummer, I wonder if they knew it was coming like Neil Peart of Rush. Either way, they put out some absolutely majestic music before he passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The chorus is almost like the Christ calling for the Father. It's so good, I'm remiss I'll never get to see the original lineup of Hum do this live. Hopefully they get a replacement and are invigorated to tour this record.

[Chorus]
In an echo left on the mountainside
If anywhere I reside
And the gifts of the years I wasted here on the battle lines
I am still alive and what's coming true
Is the signal to my return, oh
Find me here on the ground and in need of you

I've been listening to this album a bunch over the past year. Simple & effective riffs, huge low end, and a really cool vibe. Tried to get fairly close to the original and was loving the guitar tone I was getting from the Nuñez Amplification Tetra-Fet Drive into the low input of the JCM800 2203. Hope you dig it!
⚡️

Dude. Great job. Your playing is great obviously, but you really nailed all the recording stuff well. I bet that took a shit load of time and work to make into a video and everything.

good job halo.... where is the bb preamp? lol
Thanks! Had to swap it for this particular video. Only have but so much space on this board and all of the gain tones for this video were coming from the Nuñez Tetra-Fet into the low input of the JCM800.

Dude. Great job. Your playing is great obviously, but you really nailed all the recording stuff well. I bet that took a shit load of time and work to make into a video and everything.
Thanks so much! Yeah, it's definitely a bit of work, but always trying to work on improving my mixing so it's a good challenge.

Back