Anyone here still rocking their Baron amps?

stompboxfreak72":3s98pzro said:
I could not sell my Barron Kt88 fast enough. Would not cut through a mix. Sounded great as a bedroom amp but failed miserably live.
That is weird. My other guitarist used an Axefx and most models he tried couldn't top my K88. My amp does have the shape knob that changes the midrange frequency range so I'm sure that helps.

kylendm":1rj1rzrd said:
stompboxfreak72":1rj1rzrd said:
I could not sell my Barron Kt88 fast enough. Would not cut through a mix. Sounded great as a bedroom amp but failed miserably live.
That is weird. My other guitarist used an Axefx and most models he tried couldn't top my K88. My amp does have the shape knob that changes the midrange frequency range so I'm sure that helps.

Sane here, absolutely no problem dialing in my KT 88 Baron. I have many modded marshals, And typically play Splawns at my gigs, but the Baron is one of my top amps for sure. The shape knob definitely is the key, and then you EQ from there! :)

Man, I've been dying to get my hands on a B60 or something from that British or British Metal line. If anyone has a lapse of sanity and decides to sell one, I'll be here. This is an amp where people's descriptions of the amp have done half the selling. I usually look for clips, which can be hit or miss. But there aren't an awful lot that are still accessible, yet people speak so highly of these, especially in comparison to amps that I've also considered dropping coin on. Plus, lights. C'mon now.

I came across this thread again and figured I'd throw this track up of the K88 doing more lead/rhythm work. I moved to a new place so my mixes probably don't sound the best but here it is anyway haha.

Thanks guys. And good seeing you around stil 311! :cheers:

I owned two Snott Watts once and I really regret selling both of them. I'm just glad I never had to sell the big guy.

I added a little extra to the clip, some more riffy stuff for context and a nice thick chuggy ending.

Yeah - those Snott Watts were killer little amps. Miss mine as well.
Great clips!

Hey Kyle

Good to see you again :cheers:

I take it you still have your Baron(s)? Great clip (as alwasy) thanks for sharing :yes:
Always good seeing your still around and thanks! Yeah I still kept my Baron, Fryette and Randall MTS stuff. I couldn't ever see myself getting rid of the K88, it's such a nice amp. I haven't changed the tubes in this thing in roughly 10 years though so it might be time to give it a swap out. At the same time the preamp tubes in it are some really old nice JAN 12ax7s and they're getting both hard to find and expensive nowadays.
I finally scored a snot watt recently. Juggy mike and I both love it. Total keeper.
Hell yeah! I'd like to score another one of them one day but the K88 still kicks ass.

Back