Official Scumback Speakers Questions & Information Thread!

Beyond Black":3s06nfre said:
Jim, what would pair better with H75-LD’s, G12H-30’s or 25 watt Greenbacks?
Depends, but I don't recommend either speaker since they're both small dust cap models and mixing them with the H75-LD (large dust cap model that makes the treble slightly silkier/subdued) will be very hard to get the upper mids and treble balanced.

The G12-65 was what I recommended above, but if you have to mix one of these, I'd go with the G12H.

Scumback Speakers":38lt2jyt said:
Beyond Black":38lt2jyt said:
Jim, what would pair better with H75-LD’s, G12H-30’s or 25 watt Greenbacks?
Depends, but I don't recommend either speaker since they're both small dust cap models and mixing them with the H75-LD (large dust cap model that makes the treble slightly silkier/subdued) will be very hard to get the upper mids and treble balanced.

The G12-65 was what I recommended above, but if you have to mix one of these, I'd go with the G12H.
Sounds good Jim, thank you.

splatter":qa0rdwf5 said:
do you make a speaker similar to the celestion g12-h75 creamback ?
Three.

H75 (my take on the G12H with less highs/in your face tone), H75-PVC (pre rola type tone from the 60's) and the BH75, the BlackBack (late 70's era) G12H30.

H75 is the darkest to H75-PVC (in the middle) to the BH75 the brightest/loudest.

Hey Jim! Free bump. Don B. from San Diego here. New M75 is working out great
but I came sooooo close to forgetting the attenuator switch again and blowing it.
Thanks again for shipping it out so quickly under the circumstances.

Hey Jim! Free bump. Don B. from San Diego here. New M75 is working out great
but I came sooooo close to forgetting the attenuator switch again and blowing it.
Thanks again for shipping it out so quickly under the circumstances.
You're welcome. Umm, you need to be careful, sir! LOL

I had this long drawn out novel written but TL;DR. What are the best Scumbacks for high gain brutal metal?

Just got my first Scumbacks and theyre Killer. I have. M75s and BM75-LD. Should I just run with these in an X? Get a quad of BM75-LD? Or is there something better? Earlier in the thread I saw H75LD or J75LD recommended for metal so I'm confused with so many options.

FWIW I dislike my G12H-30 70th anniversary speakers with my current amps.

I had this long drawn out novel written but TL;DR. What are the best Scumbacks for high gain brutal metal?

Just got my first Scumbacks and theyre Killer. I have. M75s and BM75-LD. Should I just run with these in an X? Get a quad of BM75-LD? Or is there something better? Earlier in the thread I saw H75LD or J75LD recommended for metal so I'm confused with so many options.

FWIW I dislike my G12H-30 70th anniversary speakers with my current amps.
Usually the BM75-LD are better for metal, but the M75's work well, too. I'd probably put the M75's on top, BM75-LD's on the bottom for better balance as I found the X pattern can be harder to EQ. Ideally I'd go with four BM75-LD's for metal, though. You can always fill out my recommendation form and send it in so I could see if something else would work better for your rig.
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/recommend.html

@Scumback Speakers which speakers have the v30 mids but not the harsh top end that causes serious ear fatigue?

This is the context of my tone -recently pulled v30's from bottom 2 of my Friedman 4x12 and have 4 greenbacks but with the Bogner Helios I just got I'm thinking I need some more mids from the bottom 2.

Thanks!

Auto-parts stores are also a great place to get crimp connectors and tools.

As an aside... soldering is so intimidating. But it is stupid easy to master. Swapping pickups, or fixing a jack or just basic maintenance. Get a decent iron (this is key IME) and practice for a few hours on wires and PCBs. This will save you zillions in tech $$$.

Reactions: PDC
Back