Official Scumback Speakers Questions & Information Thread!

Scumback Speakers

Beyond Black":3s06nfre said:
Jim, what would pair better with H75-LD’s, G12H-30’s or 25 watt Greenbacks?
Depends, but I don't recommend either speaker since they're both small dust cap models and mixing them with the H75-LD (large dust cap model that makes the treble slightly silkier/subdued) will be very hard to get the upper mids and treble balanced.

The G12-65 was what I recommended above, but if you have to mix one of these, I'd go with the G12H.

Beyond Black

Scumback Speakers":38lt2jyt said:
Beyond Black":38lt2jyt said:
Jim, what would pair better with H75-LD’s, G12H-30’s or 25 watt Greenbacks?
Depends, but I don't recommend either speaker since they're both small dust cap models and mixing them with the H75-LD (large dust cap model that makes the treble slightly silkier/subdued) will be very hard to get the upper mids and treble balanced.

The G12-65 was what I recommended above, but if you have to mix one of these, I'd go with the G12H.
Sounds good Jim, thank you.

Scumback Speakers

splatter":qa0rdwf5 said:
do you make a speaker similar to the celestion g12-h75 creamback ?
Three.

H75 (my take on the G12H with less highs/in your face tone), H75-PVC (pre rola type tone from the 60's) and the BH75, the BlackBack (late 70's era) G12H30.

H75 is the darkest to H75-PVC (in the middle) to the BH75 the brightest/loudest.

[ Donnie B. ]

Hey Jim! Free bump. Don B. from San Diego here. New M75 is working out great
but I came sooooo close to forgetting the attenuator switch again and blowing it.
Thanks again for shipping it out so quickly under the circumstances.

Scumback Speakers

Hey Jim! Free bump. Don B. from San Diego here. New M75 is working out great
but I came sooooo close to forgetting the attenuator switch again and blowing it.
Thanks again for shipping it out so quickly under the circumstances.
You're welcome. Umm, you need to be careful, sir! LOL