What's a good condition Peavey VTM 60 worth these days?

War_in_D

Thinking about selling my Peavey VTM 60, just seeing if it's even worth the time/effort. Really good condition overall, but logo was replaced at some point in time.

IMG_20200927_142902997.jpg

Wow! I used to own the Peavey VTM 120 120 watt & VTM 60 60 watt amp heads along with the matching 412MS slant cabs with Celestion G12K-85 speakers. I traded them off for rack gear, but kept & used the cabs. I eventually traded off the cabs for other gear. Had I known that these amps would become popular again, I would have kept them.
Good score on the VTM 60. The logo is gold and I had both the metal covers & screws that covered the panel with the dip switches.

Guitar George

The logo is gold and I had both the metal covers & screws that covered the panel with the dip switches.

Guitar George

Yeah, the logo on this one has been replaced at some point in time. It was that way when I got it. I looked for a while for a replacement, but the larger gold Peavey logo that came out on these is pretty hard to find. Ebay has the smaller gold logos all the time (like that silver one that's on it), but I've never seen the bigger ones come up for sale. As far as that cover for the dip switches.. I've had several VTM's, and it's like finding hen's teeth to get one that still has that. I think it's the first thing to get lost when these amps were first purchased new and people wanted to get at the "mods". They took that cover off, and then they disappeared into the abyss. Not impossible to find, but I think that whoever has all the large gold logos probably has a stash of those too and they're keeping them all for themselves! LOL

Yeah, the logo on this one has been replaced at some point in time. It was that way when I got it. I looked for a while for a replacement, but the larger gold Peavey logo that came out on these is pretty hard to find. Ebay has the smaller gold logos all the time (like that silver one that's on it), but I've never seen the bigger ones come up for sale. As far as that cover for the dip switches.. I've had several VTM's, and it's like finding hen's teeth to get one that still has that. I think it's the first thing to get lost when these amps were first purchased new and people wanted to get at the "mods". They took that cover off, and then they disappeared into the abyss. Not impossible to find, but I think that whoever has all the large gold logos probably has a stash of those too and they're keeping them all for themselves! LOL

Scout out the pawn shops. You will probably find a bunch of old Peavey bass amps and keyboard amps. Take a phillips head screwdriver with you and the logo is all yours. :ROFLMAO: Then you just have to paint it gold!

Seriously though, my Butcher was missing the logo too (I have no idea why people take them off). I got the full sized logo off a broken keyboard amp that I found on the side of the road.

The one on reverb right now is like 800. 500 is fair.

Personally I've bought and sold 2 and wish i would have kept them

I was actually surprised in looking at recent Reverb sold listings and seeing several of the heads going for ~$800-$900. I'm trying to sell it locally with the 4x12 first, might throw it up online if it doesn't sell.. or, I might just keep it. I just need to downsize a bit.

I love the VTM! My opinion is that you should keep it unless you really can't imagine ever playing it again.

I got mine from a local guy about 3 or 4 years ago for $240. It looked fairly rough, sitting outside on a yard-sale table behind his house. Scratchy pots, needed cleaning, but had the dip-switch cover and logo. Couldn't believe how awesome it sounded, still can't! One of the best deals I've ever found, for sure.

Yeah, that's rare to find one with the cover still attached! If it doesn't sell here locally, I'll probably just hang on to it.

The last one I had I sold for $350. And it was in great condition. Now I'm trying to rebuy one and all I see is busted ones from 7-800.

Offer it up for 1000 or 1200 if it includes the cab. Then if it does sell you won't regret it... much

If it were me I would keep it. I screwed up twice.
The first one I bought for $125

Not sure on the Ultra 120's, but that brings to mind another Peavey "sleeper" amp. The Ultra Plus, one of the the best multi-channel amps Peavey ever made IMO. I've got the 1x12 combo version of it, and it's my main player amp at the house when I'm just messing around.

Not sure on the Ultra 120's, but that brings to mind another Peavey "sleeper" amp. The Ultra Plus, one of the the best multi-channel amps Peavey ever made IMO. I've got the 1x12 combo version of it, and it's my main player amp at the house when I'm just messing around.
Thats the one I have. Assumed it was called ultra 120. But it does say plus and it sounds great. I like it better than the 6505+

Thats the one I have. Assumed it was called ultra 120. But it does say plus and it sounds great. I like it better than the 6505+

Yeah, the Ultra Plus is a killer amp. I'm like you, I'd take it over the 6505+ any day of the week.

Peavey made an Ultra 120 and 60 amps as well too. I thought maybe that's what you had. I don't have very much experience with those though. I think these came between the VTM and Ultra Plus.

Peavey Ultra 120.jpg

Back