Sweetwater has been bought out.

Is this good or bad? Love me some Sweetwater.

I've spoken to an old buddy of mine who works there and he's painting a very positive picture. It's a move that has provided Sweetwater with a cash injection, gaining them capital which will help the company expand.

No structure changes for now except that the CEO is moving to chairman of the board to retain his degree of control, and the VP for the past 25 years is becoming CEO.

The only time a Sweetwater rep has ever called me was if there was an issue with my order, like an unexpected delay, or a better open-box deal available or something like that.

Same here and I've had the same one for at least 5-6 years.

The Bob Ross of gear demos.

(sorry Don)
True.
The worst guy is that lefty 'Brit jobber' who rocks
the jean jacket with cut off sleaves & a studded
heavy metal necklace.
That whole cast including the dungeon master
MEGA-creep have an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" persona' about them.
Like a warm & cozy dial tone.
I heard they have the entire town of Fort Wayne
wired up .
NOBODY speaks out against Sweatwater.

If i needed something mailed quickly like cables,picks or strings I would order it from Sweetwater.
They have come through in that situation for me several times.

Let's all take our bags of stale Sweetwater candy (I know you all have some lying around still), and send them right back to them.

Actually, I've had nothing but good experiences with SW....except for the occasional text from a rep asking me how everything is going.

Just....dont do that....ever.

@stratjacket

I was thinking along the lines of #2 when I was reading up on them.
They have their hands in over 200 companies, some of them pretty huge,
and yet they only list 240 employees.

Pretty hard to be a bull in a China shop when you're stretched that thin.
If you are referring to the PE showing only 240 employees, it is because of their business structure. They would only actually employ those that work in the equity group. Not the employees of the companies they own. Those are all separate business entities. Which includes showing employees separately.
Not sure if this will be a good thing for Sweetwater. Only time will tell. I hope it is, I like the company.

The left-handed Humpty Dumpty who speaks as if his cheeks are full of Meatloaf. Previous gig was w/ Marshall. Nick Bowcott, was in Grim Reaper

Nice enough guy and all. Probably a blast to hang with.
But with so many incredibly well rounded (playing, tech-savvy, well spoken)
guys around he just doesn't seem like the right choice in 2021.

Back