Blind test! Guess the amp!

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

I'll be doing a series of blind tests where you can guess which (or what type of) amplifier I used in the clip. I think it's 1 simply a lot of fun. And 2 it's interesting to see how people's ears work when they don't have any visual reference of what they're hearing. Maybe in a sense this can be 'ear opening' in some ways. Perhaps some of us will find out that we like amps that we thought we didn't like the sound of after all. Revelations like that would be cool but who knows.... How good are our ears actually? And how well do we really know how the amps we know and love sound like... Of course you can't judge 'feel' but obviously sound is a very big part of the intricacies of an amp.

So I'm very curious to know what you guys think of this first one. It would be very impressive indeed if anyone guessed this exactly right, so it's OK to be wrong. But your observations about the tone could be helpful too. So to describe what you're hearing and what you think it sounds like.

So here we go, good luck and have fun:

1972 Fender Mustang 1x10 combo??????

No offense, but this is like giving someone a bushel of ripe apples
and asking them to guess which is the red one. :D

You make all amps sound great so this literally could be any one of
dozens you've showcased in the past!

Ya, if it’s IR’s, it will certainly take on ‘that’ personality much more than a real speaker cab.
What speaker cabinet and speakers is it, or what IR is it?

Last edited:
Ya, if it’s IR’s, it will certainly take on ‘that’ personality much more than a real speaker cab.
What speaker cabinet and speakers is it, or what IR is it?
How does an IR take on more personality than a real cab, mic and mic pre?
Mic pres provide a lot of colour depending on what's used.

1972 Fender Mustang 1x10 combo??????

No offense, but this is like giving someone a bushel of ripe apples
and asking them to guess which is the red one. :D

You make all amps sound great so this literally could be any one of
dozens you've showcased in the past!

This

Back