New Zuul noise gate. Looks cool.

Probably had to redesign with the THAT4305 since the THAT4301 used in all these types of pedals was discontinued.

I think all the Fortin stuff is SMD. Changing an SMD resistor to a pot with tacked on wires can be a tricky mod depending on the pad size.

I think all the Fortin stuff is SMD. Changing an SMD resistor to a pot with tacked on wires can be a tricky mod depending on the pad size.
Yeah, I should have been more clear.... current clone pedals could be modded. I have a clone with full size parts that I'm sure could be modded with added features. Of course I have no idea what the heck to do :LOL:

So now it’s just like a Boss NS-2 :ROFLMAO:

I have the original Zuul, and found the key input thing annoying, I always just ran it in front. So I’m glad he worked around that in this next revision. The Zuul does have a lot more clarity than my NS-2 which is a great unit, but as everyone knows it does have some tone suck.

So now it’s just like a Boss NS-2 :ROFLMAO:

I have the original Zuul, and found the key input thing annoying, I always just ran it in front. So I’m glad he worked around that in this next revision. The Zuul does have a lot more clarity than my NS-2 which is a great unit, but as everyone knows it does have some tone suck.
Every noise gate I’ve tried causes some tone suck. Some more than others. I try to avoid using them, but for playing live, they are a useful tool.

So the Zuul does suck tone as well? I guess I'll keep looking for a replacement for my Decimator. The Decimator isn't transparent either.

So the Zuul does suck tone as well? I guess I'll keep looking for a replacement for my Decimator. The Decimator isn't transparent either.
Running the original Zuul in front of an amp I find has a similar affect on the tone as some buffers do - the tone is brighter with a little more sheen and a little less lows. It's nothing drastic, but you can hear it in an a/b.

Is there a bullshit gate pedal I can hook up to Off Topic Central? I can smell the circuit frying from overload already...

I replaced my Zuul with a Deadweald Golem. I'm much happier now but the Zuul+ looks like the Golem's blue channel feature wise. I just don't want to support Fortin just like Kiesel. The Zuul was the last hold out and I was happy to replace it.

I replaced my Zuul with a Deadweald Golem. I'm much happier now but the Zuul+ looks like the Golem's blue channel feature wise. I just don't want to support Fortin just like Kiesel. The Zuul was the last hold out and I was happy to replace it.
I wanted to grab a golem, but their communication was really lacking.

I dislike Fortin considerably, but I've got two One Knob Zuuls, will probably end up grabbing a third one knob if I ever grab a KHE 4x4FX. I run one Zuul on a board with a buffered splitter so I can use the Key input and still go through the rest of my chain normal. I run the other Zuul on my Kemper with one of the Monitor Outs running a DI to the Key. It just works so good and the one knob keeps it simple. I don't have the mental capacity to fuck with three knobs when one do good.

You can still find some THAT4301's on aliexpress, but they're expensive as heck. Wish I grabbed a few of those IC's to make some clones a while back.. Dragged my feet on that.

I have a muzzle board with a that 4301. I’d love to find out how to add the extra knobs for versatility. I highly doubt much is changed.

Back