Monomyth Skeleton Key Demo

Cant wait to get my hands on one in person! Clip was ok but Reza didnt capture all else Monomyths can do. Clip kinda makes it sound like a one trick pony but its SO much more than that. I have 2 amps that Shea did for me {twice}, and even though they are gain monsters (per my request) I can still dial them in for much more. Dunno if I would bring it to a clean Jazz session, but my amps can hang with a lot of different flavors. I am more than positive Shea's own design will do that in spades.

The one thing about Shea's work, and this is obviously just speaking about modded amps, is the way the amp reacts to your playing. Its very responsive with your right hand and reacts great when your digging in with your left hand. I need a channel switcher!!!! Cmon Shea!! LOL

Cant wait to get my hands on one in person! Clip was ok but Reza didnt capture all else Monomyths can do. Clip kinda makes it sound like a one trick pony but its SO much more than that. I have 2 amps that Shea did for me {twice}, and even though they are gain monsters (per my request) I can still dial them in for much more. Dunno if I would bring it to a clean Jazz session, but my amps can hang with a lot of different flavors. I am more than positive Shea's own design will do that in spades.

The one thing about Shea's work, and this is obviously just speaking about modded amps, is the way the amp reacts to your playing. Its very responsive with your right hand and reacts great when your digging in with your left hand. I need a channel switcher!!!! Cmon Shea!! LOL
Understood Phil, the one issue I’ve had with adding seperate channels is that there’s no free lunch and the most important character of the amp gets changed, I could pass it on and I don’t think it would matter much but it matters to me, I’ve been working on settings for the helix system to incorporate clean channels and so far have achieved some really great results, I plan on sharing the files I make for free on my website.

Understood Phil, the one issue I’ve had with adding seperate channels is that there’s no free lunch and the most important character of the amp gets changed, I could pass it on and I don’t think it would matter much but it matters to me, I’ve been working on settings for the helix system to incorporate clean channels and so far have achieved some really great results, I plan on sharing the files I make for free on my website.
Oh I know.. and we have talked about it... but that doesnt mean that you wont eventually figure it out to where you will be pleased!! LOL I know its not a priority but I have 100 percent confidence that if you explore that road you will be successful!

I added a clean channel to a Marshall mod I did and it definitely took away from the gain channel. No one would know this unless they knew what it was before the added channel. I ripped it out fast.. I think a lot of adding channels has to do with the transformers being designed for it as well as many other tweaks. Knowing these tweaks is where a lot of experience and experimenting comes into play. It's another ball game for sure I have no interest in tackling. LOL. Can't wait to hear more demos on your Skeleton Key.

It's based on a non-MV Marshall, right? Gotta ride that volume knob on your guitar if you want a clean channel!

In my infinite laziness I'm considering getting small switchable volume pot pedal from Saturnworks for this exact purpose.

I ordered a KSR Ares to replace the Orthos I had. It's supposed to be the same amp just minus the clean channel but Daniel at Deadweald said the Ares had some extra mojo that his Orthos didnt have. I'm still a couple weeks away from it showing up but what you are saying here sounds like what he was telling me. Personally if I was talented enough to build something from the ground up for myself I would only have a high gain and maybe a crunch. I've just never been a big user of clean channels. You could let me hear 5 different amp's clean channels in a blind test and unless there is something really wrong I probably would think they are the same amp.

I'm planning on doing something similar to what you are doing with the Helix with the Quad Cortex. There is an acoustic sim patch that is freaking fantastic so I was thinking of having a patch for it or maybe another amp model for cleans+some effects. With your amps I don't boost them or add any effects except a delay for leads. For my gain tone I just want to plug in and go. I hate the idea of HAVING to boost an amp to get the sound I want.

Hmmm random capitalized words…Reza?
Hahaha, no no! but I've had folks comment on my typing style for YEARS now... doesn't bug me at all ;-)
...it's simply the only way I can figure out how to add "emphasis" to words as I do in real life - it's easy to misinterpret things when dealing in a text/reading only environment and my ONLY way around that has been this mess of a sentence (....and of course, EMOJI's! hahaha). I'm a passionate dude, that's all!

I can't WAIT to snag a Skeleton Key! I currently own a Ceriatone 2204 that's been modded by Shea on two different occasions - and it BLOWS me away every time I play it... it's simply an incredible amp!

Loaded with a pair of TAD EL34BSTR's (my favorite powertube for this amp by a LONG shot; I tried SO many!) and my personal favorite for high-gain amps in general - 1980's Beijing, foil dimpled square getter 12AX7's.

🤘🤘🤘

Hahaha, no no! but I've had folks comment on my typing style for YEARS now... doesn't bug me at all ;-)
...it's simply the only way I can figure out how to add "emphasis" to words as I do in real life - it's easy to misinterpret things when dealing in a text/reading only environment and my ONLY way around that has been this mess of a sentence (....and of course, EMOJI's! hahaha). I'm a passionate dude, that's all!

I can't WAIT to snag a Skeleton Key! I currently own a Ceriatone 2204 that's been modded by Shea on two different occasions - and it BLOWS me away every time I play it... it's simply an incredible amp!

Loaded with a pair of TAD EL34BSTR's (my favorite powertube for this amp by a LONG shot; I tried SO many!) and my personal favorite for high-gain amps in general - 1980's Beijing, foil dimpled square getter 12AX7's.

🤘🤘🤘
Nah it’s you Reza. Too obvious

IMO, it is boxy, sterile and completely devoid of "soul". It may be the best amp on the planet for whatever the latest flavor of "metal" is, I don't know? Geez... I'm beginning to remind myself of my dad! "Turn that shit down, goddammit!" My form of rock is dead, I know that. I'm trying to fade-away gracefully, but sometimes I feel compelled to rant.

IMO, it is boxy, sterile and completely devoid of "soul". It may be the best amp on the planet for whatever the latest flavor of "metal" is, I don't know? Geez... I'm beginning to remind myself of my dad! "Turn that shit down, goddammit!" My form of rock is dead, I know that. I'm trying to fade-away gracefully, but sometimes I feel compelled to rant.
While I admit I dont care for the clip either, so far everything i've played from Shea is very versatile. I can actually do a pretty convincing AC/DC with one of mine. Trust me, I highly doubt this amp is sterile... just user error for not dialing in what it all can do.

I can’t even count this as a clip cause whatever Reza does to every clip. Boxy. I bet the amp is babdass! Heard other clips that are good.

While I admit I dont care for the clip either, so far everything i've played from Shea is very versatile. I can actually do a pretty convincing AC/DC with one of mine. Trust me, I highly doubt this amp is sterile... just user error for not dialing in what it all can do.
Yeah, I'd need listen to his other offerings. I'm a classic rock/metal guy, so I should refrain from commenting. I just get in those moods...

Back