Monomyth Skeleton Key Demo

That low end was so out of control. Not in a good way. You would have to shelve the shit out of that in a recording.

Thanks for the love guys, this forum really became a jumpoff point for me and I really do appreciate you guys, in turn a quick google search for monomyth directs most people to this forum who join as members, its been a great relationship and Im happy to be a part of that. Ive been a fan of Rezas videos for a long time and im truly grateful for him and his work, as more amps go out im sure more videos will be made, the fun is just getting started. 💀🔑
NOTHING but love for you and your incredible work, Shea! This is actually how I found this forum!!! Hahaha, I joined up SPECIFICALLY to get updates on what you were up to!!!

KEEP IT UP! Can't wait to get a SKELETON KEY 🤘🤘🤘

His amps are more aggressive. I sold my 1974 modded superlead when my car died. As soon as I got a car I got a JJ jr. thinking it would be comparable but it wasnt. I thought maybe it was just the fact that it was the 20 watt so I tried the big boy. Still not there. Nothing wrong with Friedman but to me monomyth has the pissed off of a splawn but with Friedman levels of gain. He said this one is in the same vien as the Superlead I had which was fantastic.
I actually have Clint"s Monomyth Superlead (arrived Friday) AND a Butterslax. They're completely different animals.
May do a comparison vid one-day but only have a gopro 8 and my setup is in my untreated living room.

Last edited:
I would love to hear a compare/contrast between a Monomyth and a butterslax. There’s a butterslax for sale locally but I’m not sure it gets the tones I’m looking for.

NOTHING but love for you and your incredible work, Shea! This is actually how I found this forum!!! Hahaha, I joined up SPECIFICALLY to get updates on what you were up to!!!

KEEP IT UP! Can't wait to get a SKELETON KEY 🤘🤘🤘
Hmmm random capitalized words…Reza?

I would love to hear a compare/contrast between a Monomyth and a butterslax. There’s a butterslax for sale locally but I’m not sure it gets the tones I’m looking for.
I’ve had 2 monomyth modded Marshall’s and a Butterslax (not at the same time though), and I thought the Monomyth’s smoked the Butterslax. Will be way more aggressive, tighter, defined, raw and cutting compared to a Butterslax

I’ll be getting #8. Can’t wait. Had a butterslax, also had a jcm800 that Shea did. Kinda miss the 800 and getting a used monomyth was approaching what he wanted for his build. So I figured why not support a new builder while getting a kick ass amp. This should give my quickrod a run for its money . 😬

I actually have Clint"s Monomyth Superlead ( arrived Friday) And a Butterslax. They're completely different animals.
May do a comparison vid one-day but only have a gopro 8 and my setup is in my untreated living room.
How are you liking it? That's why Monomyth is my favorite it doesnt have the polite polished sound that Friedman has. It's aggressive AF. It cuts like a champ as well. Not to say Friedman isnt nice but they are too different animals and I just prefer Monomyth.

I miss that Superlead something fierce but thankfully he said the Skeleton Key shares a lot of the character. Mine is at least 8 weeks away. I'm not in any rush. I'm just excited to have one coming. I havent had a Marshall type amp since selling my Ceriatone Leviathan.

How are you liking it? That's why Monomyth is my favorite it doesnt have the polite polished sound that Friedman has. It's aggressive AF. It cuts like a champ as well. Not to say Friedman isnt nice but they are too different animals and I just prefer Monomyth.

I miss that Superlead something fierce but thankfully he said the Skeleton Key shares a lot of the character. Mine is at least 8 weeks away. I'm not in any rush. I'm just excited to have one coming. I havent had a Marshall type amp since selling my Ceriatone Leviathan.

Def diggin it.

The Friedman is more like a factory luxury super coupe or sedan like a Cadillac CTS-V. 10 secondish 1/4 (with a atune at least), 200MPH, but full Caddy smoothness.
The Monomyth is more like an old Ferrari. Needs a bit of tweaking. Always on the edge, but is a raging beast. Has a 3dish quality on the high mids to it that you can't explain. And a nasty snarl when you want it.

Way more gain then the Butterslax. MUCH less low end thump. MUCH brighter then the Butterslax.

They sound nothing alike, but they both sound great. No boost with the Monomyth for sure. DO use 1 on channel 1 and 2 of slax.

Def diggin it.

The Friedman is more like a factory luxury super coupe or sedan like a Cadillac CTS-V. 10 secondish 1/4 (with a atune at least), 200MPH, but full Caddy smoothness.
The Monomyth is more like an old Ferrari. Needs a bit of tweaking. Always on the edge, but is a raging beast. Has a 3dish quality on the high mids to it that you can't explain. And a nasty snarl when you want it.

Way more gain then the Butterslax. MUCH less low end thump. MUCH brighter then the Butterslax.

They sound nothing alike, but they both sound great. No boost with the Monomyth for sure. DO use 1 on channel 1 and 2 of slax.
Glad to see a good report, that amp has a mod to the power section that I only ever did to that one, it was based on a plexi I owned that had a pretty extreme factory error that ended up sounding really good, everyone that’s owned that amp has liked it so that’s noted, as far as build times I’m waking up daily with a full pot of coffee and having a blast, this is my favorite part ;)

Back