Marshall SC20 is killer -Video!

SD-1 into a Marshall, into Greenbacks works just about every time. Sounds great. You should try the DSL too, fun, inexpensive and with a SD-1 it will get you there. Too true about cutting in the mix vs. playing alone for fun.

SD-1 into a Marshall, into Greenbacks works just about every time. Sounds great. You should try the DSL too, fun, inexpensive and with a SD-1 it will get you there. Too true about cutting in the mix vs. playing alone for fun.
Sounded like the OP said he was using a DS-1

Anywhere in the world if you are stuck, you can grab some type of DSL on the crunch channel and hit it with an SD-1 and if you can play, people will be wondering how you got that awesome tone!

Thanks guys, last night plugged it in and at 1st I was like 'that sounds like crap, thin and shrill' .. getting the dials just right makes all the difference.
The real test will be Friday live outdoors with a regular pub style but very good pa. If it does not have the punch I will swap back to the Bogner Helios for the gig, but for in my studio and rehearsal this thing is a slam dunk.

I think boosting it makes it sound a bit more narrow which kind of ties in with the “thin” feelings. Not to say that the amp would sound magically giant without it, but they are a pretty darn good product.

And the build quality isn’t exactly bomb-proof. But it also doesn’t have to be.

Back