Health and Fitness

IMHO beer is the least-unhealthy alcoholic drink of 'em all.

I'd put Jaegermeister in small doses up there in a close second spot, but only small doses. :cheers:

I know there's been a lot of talk about wine's being healthy for many a year but IMHO it's much-more-depressing to the system. Beer OTOH, may be the least-depressing option. I'd put genuine Mezcal up there as a non-depressing drink too, but IMHO there aren't many; alcohol is a depressant after all.

EDIT:
Shifting thread to the food & grog sub-forum.

I'd put genuine Mescal up there as a non-depressing drink too.

A buddy of a friend is a Tequila connoisseur. (freak)
Travels a ton for business in Mexico and picks up bottles at each stop.

Every annual halloween party he'd bring his top picks from that year.
Each time we'd line up for another shot he'd start explaining things like a sommelier.

woody, smoky, fragrant, bitter, hint of this or that, blah blah blah

All while the rest of us are tripping our f-cking brains out and hanging on his every
word like it's the meaning of life. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
... tripping our f-cking brains out...
You said it all right there, Donnie. :LOL:

I've been telling people for 30 years that Mezcal is the trippiest drink out there. Instead of dulling thought processes as most alcohol does, it somehow inspires "possibility thought". Also, after not-too-many shots it brings about a super-sharp 3D look to one's surroundings.

This in part explains to me why there's not much of a hangover when compared to Tequila and is also why I don't consider it to be as much of a depressant as most other drinks.

FWIMBW, I consider Gin to be arguably the most-depressing drink.

A buddy of a friend is a Tequila connoisseur. (freak)
Travels a ton for business in Mexico and picks up bottles at each stop.

Every annual halloween party he'd bring his top picks from that year.
Every time we'd line up for another shot he'd start explaining things like a sommelier.

woody, smoky, fragrant, bitter, hint of this or that, blah blah blah

All while the rest of us are tripping our f-cking brains out and hanging on his every
word like it's the meaning of life. :ROFLMAO:
I am a Certified Cicerone, I know the nerdiness.

This in part explains to me why there's not much of a hangover when compared to Tequila.

Night and day for me. The big shitty US brands would not only make me sick but also go insane.
Looking back, the few really embarrassing public meltdowns always involved Cuevo.

I've experienced that 3D thing with a few chemicals and then by eating mushrooms, but never
by drinking something - except for those times.

I better stop now cause I'm getting all misty........

:cheers2:

Might as well be a dieter talking about all the best Vegas buffets. :bash:

D'Oh! :doh:

Yeah, I missed that, but you can take it as a compliment of sorts 'cause it proves that when I think of you alcohol doesn't even enter my mind.

Do you smoke weed still, not CBD obviously

Ya, it's a guilty pleasure plus it helps with my feet.
I actually have an Rx from my neurologist.
I've tried CBD a number of times. Dropper under the tongue.

I wished it did something - anything actually. But nope.
My wife finds it relaxing and we treat the dog with it.
(think I mentioned that)

I see the doc next month and plan on bringing it up again
to get his opinion on what inert effects might be a good thing.

Ya, it's a guilty pleasure plus it helps with my feet.
I actually have an Rx from my neurologist.
I've tried CBD a number of times. Dropper under the tongue.

I wished it did something - anything actually. But nope.
My wife finds it relaxing and we treat the dog with it.
(think I mentioned that)

I see the doc next month and plan on bringing it up again
to get his opinion on what inert effects might be a good thing.
Use a water bong with ice and stay away from the extract bs (wax).

Use a water bong with ice and stay away from the extract bs (wax).

Did ya know that filling your bong with 90% iso alcohol and heating it in the microwave
for 45-60 seconds will remove all those hard to reach stains?

Use a bowl under the bong cause it will spill over a bit!

1950s-housewife.jpg

Did ya know that filling your bong with 90% iso alcohol and heating it in the microwave
for 45-60 seconds will remove all those hard to reach stains?

Use a bowl under the bong cause it will spill over a bit!

View attachment 90062
Woah I tried it and it made these strange crystals! I should have never listened to a California motherfucker about this.

is drinking light beer worth it , if you drink 2x as much?
I've lost 38 pounds so far in my health journey. Stopped drinking beer first then stopped the bourbon. It definitely sped things up for me. Once I hit my goal, the beer and bourbon will flow.

The bourbon will greatly lower your liver's efficiency / level of functionality, and therefore your ability to metabolise fats.

Beer too, but much-less so.

Makes sense then that you found abstaining sped weight loss up. If you want to crank your liver functionality up to the highest-possible level, drink 1 freshly-squeezed lemon first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and wait at least 20 minutes before ingesting anything else, even water.

Functionality will reach 100% by the 90 day / 3-month mark, if not before. Take it from a diet guru with 40 years' experience. Peeps are always sceptical about this and I was over arguing about it 30 years ago so you might as well just accept this as my little gift to you brother. Do it, get the results (no more hangovers after a week or two is one of the many bonuses) and laugh at those who'll try to tell you you're crazy.

Sometimes the best advice in life is free and the best health solutions are the cheapest, a kinda-rare, magical combination!

drink 1 freshly-squeezed lemon first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and wait at least 20 minutes before ingesting anything else, even water.

Tell me more. I used to do apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in water first thing. Now I do the Japanese Hot Water Cleanse... basically 2 glasses of hot water first thing upon rising. A little while later I do a smoothie with oats, banana, almond milk, peanut butter, vegan protein (Vega Sport), spinach, and cinnamon, then about an hour later a matcha green tea with honey and tumeric.

As you'd know, there's a plethora of "techniques". Nothing will work like 1 lemon 'though, period.

FWIMBW, you'll shut down your 8-hour detox phase (4AM->midday) with anything but fruit and / or water. The stuff you mention is all efficacious but much of it belongs in the midday->8PM slot - the assimilation phase.

Put simply:
Detox phase 4AM->midday. Consume only fruit and / or water.
Assimilation phase midday->8PM. Consume the heavier stuff or fruit, but not both together.
Appropriation phase (when what's absorbed is shunted to where its needed) 8PM->4AM.

All it takes is a mouthful of grain, nuts, meat or anything that's not fruit or water to shut the detox phase down. The body then has to wait for the next opportunity which is 4AM the following day. Imagine the effect of shutting this down every day for 30->70 years? Disease, brother.

Obviously the assimilation phase is where you ingest the heavier stuff, but try to time it so you maximise the usage of the appropriation phase, i.e. not eating at 8PM 'cause you'll still need the time to absorb it. If it were fruit on an empty stomach, fine, 'cause it's only 20 minutes (except for banana), but by that time of day you're looking at complex carbs (2 hours) and meat if you eat it (a varying number of hours dependant on many factors including food combining).

As I implied earlier, I'm over "arguing" about this stuff and that unfortunately includes banging on about it too. I've given you enough info to turn practically anyone's health around, believe it or not, so I won't feel guilty when I say I won't be expanding on this unless I receive a rare spike of enthusiasm. If I hadn't have wasted millions of words and thousands of hours casting pearls on this for decades all those years ago (and seen so many who wouldn't listen die), I probably wouldn't mind, but I can tell you that not being believed since age 15 scarred me.

Good luck man. HTH, and great to see someone taking the whole diet-determines-health thing seriously. Kudos to you brother! :thumbsup:

Back