80’s Lush Analog Chorus?

glpg80

I’m looking for a chorus pedal that can nail the ozzy stuff but I personally don’t like the MXR 234 and don’t feel like chasing boutique prices right now.

What are some of the lesser known pedals y’all are using that sound warm/decent? I know there are a ton of modern analog chorus pedals out there, what are you using?

I found the TC afterglow. Anything else?

Here's everything you need to know how tho get that classic Zakk tone with a Boss chorus, you'll need two amps a Boss SD-1 and Boss Chorus. At 26:00 he explains how to use the Chorus to nail the live Zakk sound.

This is why I like Count's videos he actually shows how to set all this stuff up on your own.

Here's everything you need to know how tho get that classic Zakk tone with a Boss chorus, you'll need two amps a Boss SD-1 and Boss Chorus. At 26:00 he explains how to use the Chorus to nail the live Zakk sound.

This is why I like Count's videos he actually shows how to set all this stuff up on your own.

I had no idea how important the noise suppressor was to the tone. He hit that chord after the SD-1 and it sounded slightly different and compressed in a manner it didn’t sound like with it off.

Thanks for the vid. That shows a lot

uv8k2m8.jpg

DOD pedals kick ass. There is one I really want on the pedalboard. I don't think i would ever plug a guitar into it, but it would look great on a pedalboard

Attachments

• doddeathmetalfx86_3731.jpg
    doddeathmetalfx86_3731.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 32
Cmats Analog Chorus as mentioned above, great warm tones at a low price. Gonna be hard to beat.

The Boss CE-5 Analog version is also good but more than the Cmats and prob. harder to find.

i have a spx90, i never really tried it on guitars though, i use it for bass andy wallace style every so often. its cutting in and out though, i gotta get it fixed

Boss Chorus Ensemble or the CE-2w. Both will get you the Zakk chorus sound but you need to use it in front. Not in the loop.

If you look at pictures of Zakk's simple live board, the chorus sits between the SD-1 and the amp.

Live didn't he run just boss pedals into a twin stack of JCM800's? I dont think he ever used SPX90's through cabinets live around 87?
His “Zakk Attak Rack” used an SPX 90 along with a LeeJackson GP 1000 preamp and power amp, I think his live sound on the No Rest for the Wicked tour was that rack, he might have changed after that tour but I’m not 100% sure on that, but it’s SPX 90 on the record for sure.

For a pedal -

Valhbruch Chorus. It's a little pricey but damn, ended my chorus search as soon as I plugged it in.

And I had all the usual's during the "years" long search. Vahlbruch is just incredible from mild to as much as you want and it sounds GREAT with high gain. Virtually every pedal I went through, Fractal included the chorus on high gain was a no go for me. Now I rarely use chorus on high gain but this pedal will nail the 80's thing and whole lot more.

Back